/advanced/

Thread for those who...

a) have been listening to music seriously for 5+ years
b) want to discuss music that isn't Sup Forumscore, p4k BNM, and the same old

This thread is not meant to be pretentious, its just some of us aren't always able to discuss our favourite albums, especially when they are ignored in favor of more popular, buzzy releases. No general essentials or latest hype albums allowed. Do not troll or derail the thread with off-topic discussion.

What music have you been enjoying lately?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=u7RPvOOjCvE
youtube.com/watch?v=S9FKH3cTj5o
youtube.com/watch?v=TG8IkUoZ6j0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

first for minimalism is shit

I'm gonna go ahead and kick this off with one of my favorites. Not "avante-garde" in the classical sense, but these guys pretty much invented college rock so this is definitely ahead of its time and was cutting edge when it came out.

>still using the old ass pasta
>montie started this thread
God damn we're off to a great start

[spoiler]A general for those who want to discuss music that isn't posted often

This thread is not meant to be elitist, it's just some of us aren't always able to talk about our favourite albums, especially when they are ignored in favor of more popular releases (i.e. Sup Forums-core, p4k BNM, and the same old). This means no general essentials or latest hype albums allowed. Do no troll or derail the thread with non-musical or off-topic discussion.

What music have you been enjoying lately?[/spoiler]

>he doesn't understand the point of the thread he started

Old-ass pasta or old ass-pasta? lol

>have been listening to music seriously

Anybody else like, really organic sounding Drone? I've been enjoying pic related lately, and I've been looking for more stuff like it. People have said Natural Snow Buildings is similar, but it's not really the same sound to me. I like NSB, though not as much as Ben Reynolds

wouldn't it be best to just discuss music we like, weather or not it has been mentioned on mu or p4k? maybe just talking about new music from this year. i think pretending that popular can't be good is pretty stupid. no accounting for taste.

Next time just let somebody else create the thread, you don't know what you're doing at all

Now you see why I changed it originally

Check out Pelt

Apparently that's not you. Get off mah thread m80

>just let somebody else create the thread

My goal is to be the master of this board, so I have to master all the generals. This week I'll be hosting advanced and will move on to jazz and classical threads the rest of the monbth.

>weather
>mfw

Just wanted to drop by an say fuck this thread.

Go out and experience life, that sounds like a better idea

Do you even listen to jazz or classical?

No fucking problem

POST STUFF ONLY INTELLECTUALS SUCH AS OURSELVES WILL UNDERSTAND

ILL START

Will there be any discussion on theory in this thread? If so, will there be any discussion on the classical music canon? It seems that an "advanced" listener would have a grasp on theory and be able to discuss and teach it. I do not wish to waste time in fruitless efforts or threads.

I listen to music that I enjoy and it makes me happy

>Do you even listen to jazz or classical?

Not much but then again neither does anyone on mu.

I have a gf and you don't so lol

Nice meme

*squeezes ur juicy ass*

and you're about to have a bf :^)

ok montie lets pretend i can spell perfectly. i got my point across obviously though so i don't see why that matters at all.
so what did you actually think about my thread idea? or are you just as bad as the rest of mu montie? it is time youve been tested.

it might be due to me being an Amerifat, but I just discovered this hidden Britbong gem from the 90s, anyone else heard this and got thoughts on it?

6/10 for using the word "britbong"

I listened to this, Okkulte Stimmen - Mediale Musik I've heard it called evp music, but I'm not sure what to call it, maybe spoken word or field recordings. It's pretty much completely non-musical. I don't recommend it

Yeah, I've heard Pelt and they are a great example of what I'm looking for. Really, I'm just trying to keep the thread from descending fully into shitposting.

I know you're shitposting, but your free to talk about theory here so long as it relates to a piece that you post or is being discussed. It's better than shitposting

These are memes. Please re-read the OP post.

>hidden gem
>one of the most popular bands of the 90s
Or were you not even born when this album came out?

I told you to drop trip in these threads, see what it does?

Ah, this is not actually an advanced listener thread and more of a thread for people that have exhausted themselves on the norm of popular music. I feel I will not learn anything useful from this thread and will depart from it as quickly as I can, without any form of delay. What a disappointment that something like an "advanced listener" is nothing more than someone that listens to popular music that is more obscure than esoteric or of any substance

anime bait is so boring, who could fall for it?

>will depart from it as quickly as I can, without any form of delay
>writes this long-ass post

Well then, thoughts on this obscurity? I don't see it talked about too often on the board.

ITT: a bunch of embryos pretending to be advanced

hint: real /advanced/ members don't fall for Montie bait and don't goad him on

...you clearly missed the point of the album completely
do you even know what an EVP is? do you know who Raudive and Jürgenson are?
music is not always listening, sometimes it takes research

/advanced/ members discuss and don't shitpost, so start talking about music or get out

Check out this cool "advanced" album guys

please migrate here to show principled opposition to Montie and the shitposters currently in this thread, thank you

Am I good enough for this thread?

I clearly did miss the point, I have no idea who those people are, but I'd be happy to do some research on it. Thanks for the names, I'll get down to it.

I do know what an evp is, though

Fuckkkkk no rofl

GTFO

You should never have come here.

Memes aside that's actually a pretty damn good album.

Eh

Fuck I hate my life now.

no

What does /advanced/ think of O-Town?

youtube.com/watch?v=u7RPvOOjCvE

why not?

Stop fucking up the thread you fucking bitch

cry some more and maybe i will

Jason Aldean is my favorite patrician post post country artist.

Maybe "We Fit Together" would be a more 'advanced' choice for you.
youtube.com/watch?v=S9FKH3cTj5o

Congratulations on being everything wrong with this board.

You haven't answered my question. What do you think of O-Town?

Here's "All or Nothing":

youtube.com/watch?v=TG8IkUoZ6j0

here's an idea:
>try to list every bit of music you can't live without
>only post the ones you can readily upload to others
>you must post anything people who are curious ask you for
that way get a lot more immediate interchange of valuable information, instead of endlessly arguing about some abstract batch of music nobody knows but you

You are everything wrong with this board retard

It's not bait, just a genuine inquiry on the credentials for an "advanced listener". Surely an advanced listener --which I pretend not to be -- would be well versed in popular and art music and have a grasp on theory, to even attempt to make serious criticism on music. I just want to ensure that this thread isn't affecting knowledge and that I will be able to learn and discuss in the future.

3 sentences is barely a paragraph, and takes no longer than 15 seconds to read. Perhaps these *advanced listener" thread participants should take basic reading courses before continuing to listen to music.

Of course, I meant to respond to you believe me that this is not bait in the least. A thread marked as "advanced" should at least show some form of advanced knowledge than the common popular music thread of Sup Forums. If it doesn't then what is the point? It is no more than a thread of "post godtier music that Sup Forums never talks about". Those kind of threads lend little to music conversation as they scarcely trigger music discussion and are more a form of ego masturbation in the form if affirmatives to one's opinions.

I've grown quite tired of that and wish to hear someone's opinions, combined with theory knowledge and an explanation of their experience

Hello, I Must Be Going! by Phil Collins is a classic.

>typing all this out
>no one cares

>wish to hear someone's opinions, combined with theory knowledge and an explanation of their experience
Has anyone on Sup Forums done this? I can't remember the last time I've seen someone do this. Have you?

Marcianito 3D

It matters little whether someone cares but rather, if I've spoken my mind and that it is free for others to hear. I have an opinion but am open to criticism and will not shy away if one chooses give theirs.

/advanced/ seems like it could be more than a circle jerk of unpopular popular music and could be a ground for which all of Sup Forums could participate in music theory if a supply of resources was laid out, much like other generals give their copy pastas for beginners as an inclusive effort.

Not yet, as /classical/ often uses theory as a form of one-ups manship to others but I'm sure there are examples and I wish for their to be more I the future of Sup Forums.