>Parquet Courts
>Arcade Fire

>Fugazi
>implying

>implying girls give a fuck about your favorite band

>Cocteau Twins
>Cocteau Twins
why lie?

I feel like I do this with people in general if I'm not sure about their taste in music. I'll say a band that's easier to like, and that way we're more likely to find a commonality there.

>new order
>depends on the girl

>I dont have a favorite band
>I dont have a favorite band

animal collective
i respond with a group or artist i assume she'll know about (and that i do genuinely like) so that we can have a conversation about them

i thought everyone did this

>Radiohead
>Radiohead

it's good being a radiohead fan, I can listen to patrician music without coming across like a faggot

>Current 93
>nobody ever asks me what my favorite band is

welcome to Sup Forums I hope you're enjoying your first day!

>65184093
Damn...
>Duster
>Kinda depends on the girl I'm talking with. Mostly some indie shit they know about like Arctic Monkeys or the Shins.

>radiohead
> HAHAHAhahahahahahahahah

>Grizzly Bear
>Haim

>Fleetwood Mac
>Fleetwood Mac

>Death Grips
>Dont even finish saying Death Grips because they are already fucking me on the spot because of my uber-patrician taste in music

>band
>Bach
>Muse / Radiohead

>don't have one
>avoiding speaking about music interests at all costs

Wolf Parade
Wolf Parade

Otherwise, you're aware that your favorite band is actually garbage.

>my chemical romance
>burzum

kek

>Pavement
>Car Seat Headrest

I usually spout whichever group I'm at once both into and that's also blowing up at the moment. I feel like most will assume we do this because we're insecure about the stuff we're into but it's moreso along the lines of

I rather give a cute girl a band that's widely known but still within my range of interest and from there on in, revolve our conversation around my actual favourite bands. I'd rather ease a cute girl into that neck of the woods rather than toss her into a topic she knows little to nothing about.

why?

>Boris
>oh uh I haha yeah um well right y-you too I'm into all sorts of stuff like haha well what do you like?

>Neutral Milk Hotel
>Oasis

more like
> favorite band when talking to someone who knows music
vs.
> favorite band when talking to anyone else
if anything I'm more likely to lie to a mutant than anyone else. you know I ain't saying radiohead if the other guy just told me his favorite band is fishmans

>The Mars Volta
>The Mars Volta

>Can
>Can

>David Bowie
>David Bowie

Huh... That actually works.

>Animal Collective
>Animal Collective

I usually lie about my taste but AnCo isn't too weird.

Pantera
Primus
Cuckirino

Since when is David Bowie a band?

well this is actually a thing that happenned once, a girl i know asked me what i was listening to on my headphones and i said burzum to appear more evil and goth than what the music i was actually listening to would have suggested.

>fav band
boris / swans atm
>when girls ask
"uuugh thats such a hard question uuuuugh cant answer that sry"

>death grips
>21 pilots or hozier

this

>Genesis
>Anything that isn't Genesis

"it's tough to say. I really enjoy" *goes on to list like 3 or 4 bands*

Is this the only non-autistic adult answer?

>implying that any of the girls that I've talked to know anything apart from top 40's and shitty EDM that plays on the radio/tv
>

>R.E.M.
>R.E.M.

>Animal Collective
>Animal Collective or Massive Attack

>Stereolab
>probably still Stereolab

hey thanks bud! here's your reply!

>be me
>ask grill If they know about Kanye West.
>"The singer?"

I assumed that OP meant band/artist.

yes they are

since when are you not a condescending asshole?

>GY!BE
>Arctic Monkeys

i mean Whatever People Say I Am and FWN are still good no matter how much Sup Forums memes about them

are you a faggot or just that much of an autist

>Electric Wizard
>At The Drive In (I like the scene girls senpai)

I enjoy the Byrds and the Beatles a lot. If I'm not sure how much someone knows about music, we're more likely to be able to talk about the Beatles, so I'd say they're my favorite band. It's about saying a band that keeps the conversation going, instead of telling them about how I love a band they've never heard of, which kind of ends it right there.

(I know the Byrds aren't obscure at all, but I know a lot of people who aren't familiar with them, or if they are, only know Turn Turn Turn)

kek

> Deerhunter
> Muse or Snow patrol

>Arctic Monkeys
>Arctic Monkeys

fuck you

i'm more of a favourite albums kind of person

in any case it wouldnt hurt to keep the conversation going by showing them something of that artist they havent heard

>black keys
>black keys

Where muh rockers at

Though you do that by establishing an artist you both enjoy, and then saying "hey if you like x, you might like y too", not just by telling them you like artist y. That way, you can show you actually care about what they're interested in.

>Oasis
>Radiohead

>way too many to decide on one
>way too many to decide on one

no one has ever liked or listened to Muse.

If anyone can provide evidence to the contrary, ill cut my Balls off and eat them in a Chef's Salad of sorts.

Jim O'Rourke
Jim O'Rourke

Literally who

i like muse

>"yeah i like pretty much everything to be honest"
>*girls favourite band*

I like Muse pre-The Second Law. Seen them live twice and have the first three albums on vinyl.

>maudlin of the Well / Kayo Dot
>Radiohead

listen to Origin of Symmetry, it's surprisingly good

>Gorillaz
>Gorillaz

Radiohead/Joy Division
Radiohead/Joy Division

>Mercenary
>Mercenary

>Eno
>whatever the girl likes

ill say anything to smash

>animal collective or deerhunter
>animal collective or sufjan stevens

>I hate myself
>"I don't really listen to music."

P.s. nobody would ever ask "what is your favorite band" unless you were at some kind of gathering of rockists (like a show). Most people would say "Do you like Beyonce" or something.

>Algernon Cadwallader
>Algernon Cadwallader

My favourite band would be something like Big Black, The Melvins, Manic Street Preachers or to more contemporary names something like either Liturgy or Death Grips, but I try to play it cool when someone who isn't that much into music asks me my favourite band, so I say something like Dead Kennedys or the likes.

Black Sabbath

The Smiths

like coldplay, only edgey contrarians dislike their first 4 records

GF is a Sup Forumstant, so this is rarely a problem. Still, the answer is the same anyway;
>it varies, but right now I'm into [genre]

It's harder when they ask about the music I make.
>um well do you know of ambient? it's like dark ambient. but more industrial and noisy? y'know what i mean? noise as in noise music. and some other stuff heheh

>Motorpsycho
>Motorpsycho

I'm far from an alpha but what sort of pathetic cunt lies about what he likes to impress chicks?

you're better than that

>you're better than that
the fuck? I most certainly am not, you don't know me

it's never really a lie. it's just something that will be easier to make conversation about.

>Death Grips
>mgmt

all you have to do is tell the truth and not care about the consequences

there user, now you're "better than that"

>brand new
>Brand new
Bitches love brand new.

>Pixies
>Oasis

Oh the cringe.

there is a difference between lying and finding common ground user

"favorite band" is such an arbitrary thing anyways that changes so often (for me at least) so I'll typically answer something i like that i think they might too

>The Mars Volta
>"Oh you know, The Smiths, Joy Division, the list could go on..."
(I actually do like Joy Division though)

>Ween
>Ween

>Ween pre-White Pepper
>Ween post-Mollusk

>Wings
>The Beatles

If she can't make it through all of Pure Guava in one sitting she isn't worth the time

And Ween released the greatest album of all time after White Pepper so I dunno what you're talking about m8

lol

>butthole surfers
>the white stripes

>This Heat
>This Heat

pure guava is their best album