So, AMD have patched all "flaws" that was posted by "CTSLabs" the only major, appears to be in the ASmedia chipsets...

So, AMD have patched all "flaws" that was posted by "CTSLabs" the only major, appears to be in the ASmedia chipsets, which almost all Intel motherboards uses. The reports mention Intel NOT A SINGLE TIME, i no parts at all. While still stating that "AMD is worthless ... AMD should file for chapter 11 bankruptcy" what the hell...

Since all the "flaws" was minor, the patches poses NO PERFORMANCE LOSS. Social media is starting to stated that this is actually helping the image of AMD quiet a bit. Intel new about Spectre and Meltdown for months, and their patches was shit, and crashed systems when released. AMD was given 24 hours, and in a weeks time they have patched it all. I'll say that my opinion of AMD is rising, even thou i know it was not nearly as bad as Spectre and Meltdown.

Short vid on minor youtuber:
youtube.com/watch?v=jfaLVG5xNaU

Longer, from our adored scottish friend AdoredTV: WORTH IT.
youtube.com/watch?v=GNPcxXZ2ki8

Attached: AMD_Attacks_CTSLabs.webm (480x360, 2.01M)

Other urls found in this thread:

theverge.com/2018/1/11/16878670/meltdown-spectre-disclosure-embargo-google-microsoft-linux
tweaktown.com/news/60524/amd-systems-bricked-meltdown-spectre-security-updates/index.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

hey pajeet, did you know english verbs have a plural form

Nah. But hey, American guy: Do you remember learning about "." and capital letters in school? Because as you can see in my post, i did. But then again, it said "English" on my schedule. That might have had an influence.

kek

>i did.

Well, not grammar. I needed to balance categories of foreign languages i had time for, in between my free school, and the money the state paid me for living, which was utilized in bars hitting on girls. Girls that is raised en Europe, so they pay their own drinks and suck on the first date if you act well.

Me being speaking English half poorly, is still 0,8 languages more than you. Und füge Deutsch hinzu und du bekommst 1,8 mehr als du.

Nobody cares pajeet go back to street shitting

I'm Dutch and understand German pretty well so your argument doesn't really work.

>i
>reddit formatting
poojeet shilling

I love Sup Forums's required every quarter hour sucking off of amd

T. Nvidiafag

How do I get this patch on Arch? Do I just wait for linux-firmware update?

Attached: 1509409041560.png (741x568, 29K)

The smell of curry in here is overwhelming.

WEW
E
W

Attached: 1521637873070.png (439x790, 44K)

>So, AMD have patched all "flaws" that was posted by "CTSLabs"
Not true, they only announced that they were working on patching. "Working on patches" does not equal "have already patched".
>appears to be in the ASmedia chipsets, which almost all Intel motherboards uses
Wrong again. They are not talking about ASMedia SATA controllers, NICs, BMC, or audio controller, which Intel motherboards also use. The white papers specifically mentioned the 300-series chipsets which were designed by ASMedia. These can not be found on any Intel motherboard as they are only designed to work with AM4 and TR4 sockets.
>eports mention Intel NOT A SINGLE TIME
Because they were not investigating Intel chipsets or controllers.
>While still stating that "AMD is worthless ... AMD should file for chapter 11 bankruptcy"
CTS Labs never mentioned that at all.
>Since all the "flaws" was minor
Being able to subvert the BIOS into executing malicious code without being detectable by the operating system or hypervisor is not a minor flaw. This attack could continue to compromise an AMD system even after a BIOS flash, making it impossible to get rid of outside of trashing the entire system.
> NO PERFORMANCE LOSS
We don't know yet because the patches aren't even out.
>Social media is starting to stated that this is actually helping the image of AMD
How? AMD's stock is still falling gradually and public perception seems to be "oh okay, AMD is also problematic from a security stand point. We the consumers are fucked either way"

>inb4 CTS shill
Just pointing out the incorrect fluff in this poojeet's OP, that's all

CTS (((crash the stock))) Labs should rename their outfit to Backfire Labs. I'm buying two AMD CPUs a few months.

Attached: a4bdec04-eab9-41f2-b446-04a822ca548e..jpg (231x150, 6K)

>Intel new about Spectre and Meltdown for months
It's "knew" and so did AMD, Nvidia, ARM, Qualcomm, Google, Microsoft, etc. It was AMD that spilled the beans and forced Google to release the white paper too early, causing untold numbers of headache and financial losses due to rushed patches causing system reboots (for both Intel and AMD). Only Apple handled the vulnerability with any sort of grace.
>their patches was shit, and crashed systems when released
AMD's patches also bricked pre-Bulldozer Phenoms and Athlons.

>cis labs

citation needed

For which one? Because I'll give you both
theverge.com/2018/1/11/16878670/meltdown-spectre-disclosure-embargo-google-microsoft-linux
tweaktown.com/news/60524/amd-systems-bricked-meltdown-spectre-security-updates/index.html

Sounds like the problems are with microsofts update and the linux kernel discussing security openly. AMD never intentionally did anything wrong.

>AMD never intentionally did anything wrong
An AMD "engineer" leaked the existence of Meltdown with his straight-outta-marketing code in an email chain. This was the reason why an anonymous blogger was able to leak the details of Meltdown and Spectre on Jan 1st, long before the industry was ready. It's all AMD's fault.

LKML should have a private place to discuss security patches.

>if you have local physical admin access you can overwrite firmware

Isn't this the case with any physical access?

Just last year Intel ME had a similar flaw except instead of physical access you could do remotely bypassing OS altogether, and instead of admin access you could do without password.

i love how all the intel and nvidia faggots still swarm all over them and deliver the (you)s

>
>>AMD never intentionally did anything wrong
>An AMD "engineer" leaked the existence of Meltdown with his straight-outta-marketing code in an email chain. This was the reason why an anonymous blogger was able to leak the details of Meltdown and Spectre on Jan 1st, long before the industry was ready. It's all AMD's fault.

They relesed it few days before original schedule. No big deal really. The biggest problem was that Intel has not tested thier microcode update good enough. They made them around oct-nov. No matter if it were kept few more day private. Issue would still be there.

I live how intelcucks have no recourse but to get butthurt and cry about it.

someone PLEASE post the mailing list thread where torvalds rips these cts fucks a new one

>see one line gap
>"reddit formatting"

Attached: pqafkb6d9ba01.jpg (645x729, 49K)

Attached: 0.webm (704x396, 2.7M)