Someone is using my gmail to lock me out of accounts by spamming incorrect logins...

Someone is using my gmail to lock me out of accounts by spamming incorrect logins. How the fuck do I prevent this from happening?

Attached: screenshot.11.png (622x527, 18K)

Other urls found in this thread:

help.epicgames.com,
dailystormer.name/russian-hackers-stealing-our-fortnite-accounts/
imore.com/how-add-two-factor-authentication-your-epic-account
haveibeenpwned.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

give it back tyrone

How the fuck did someone get into your Gmail?

Attached: 1521133301836r9k.gif (100x100, 80K)

>how do i prevent this from happening
that's seriously the first thought that came up when you found out about this?

>you need actual access to the email inbox to incorrectly log in to another site
sigh

This is the first time I think about this. It's a really shitty vulnerability.

They don't need to get inside my actual gmail account.

They only need to know that it exists. For example, if you register for a forum with your main gmail, the admins now know you have a working gmail that you use, and can attempt to login to a bunch of sites with it.

Yeah? Obviously prevent it from happening aside from changing my gmail on all my accounts.

This doesn't happen on sites that require you to make a username.

I actually just got the same email, second time this week.

Sorry from how op worded it I thought someone was inside his gmail

maybe you should ask epic games dumbshit

Op i got the same email. I think they are being haxxored

get a job and stop wasting your time with videogames

Are you saying you’re locked out of gmail? That pic says you’re locked out of Epic Games. If you’re getting locked out of Epic Games slip in right when it’s time and change your login to a different email address.

Attached: 925786EE-2E67-4921-85F5-BF4E6BBE51DE.jpg (977x1189, 680K)

I sent them an email. I got an automated response to visit help.epicgames.com, which requires me to login. I can't login because my account is locked for 2 hours,so in the meantime I'm asking how can this prevented aside from using a dummy account for every forums/sites.

I used UE4 like once. I'm just annoyed someone attempted to login.

I see. Yeah they must be getting hacked or something.

Attached: screenshot.12.png (503x648, 25K)

>How the fuck do I prevent this from happening?
You can't. Epic Games is broken, and only they can fix it. At best you can complain to them and hope they fix the fundamental issue with their service.

shouldn't you be asking yourself "how did they get my gmail account" instead of "how do i prevent this from happening" first?

>when it’s time and change your login to a different email address.
Yeah, I guess the only option is to use a throwaway email for every non-important site I visit.

>"how did they get my gmail account"
I already know how 'they' or someone got it. I've been using it since gmail was created, on tons of sketchy sites too(Old mistake). Some cunt was bound to abuse it.

make a new email and change the email linked to your account when you can

email the companies from your email account and explain the situation, though I think you're lying in my experience bruteforce attempts are met with IP blocks and captchas, not account locks you sure you're not trying to hack someone?

I've gotten probably half a dozen of those same emails the past week or so. Have you checked haveibeenpwned.com? I noticed this started happening fairly soon after my e-mail (and password for dumb stuff) was released on a couple mega-lists or something. Check yours and see if there's any recent ones for your e-mail.

>normie problems

yeah..

>bruteforce attempts are met with IP blocks and captchas
Guess UE4's login system is just shit.

Attached: screenshot.13.png (818x186, 20K)

>2FA defeated

Should've got that 3FA.

>using gmail
There's your problem right there.

What's your email? I can fix this for you

Same here, but only once.

>gmail
You deserve everything that happens to you

Yeah, I've been getting these for the past week, too.

It's not Gmail. I got the same message. I never used my account for this stupid fortnite stuff anyways. It's some chinese dudes who leaked a bunch of email addresses, and now tried to log in using some old passwords. Epic's account database was leaked 1-2 years ago.

protip: you can modify your gmail address with the + operator

if your gmail address is [email protected], you can write [email protected] and you would still receive it.

that way, even if someone got ahold of your email, they wouldn't be able to do this.

if you weren't such an illiterate faglet this literally couldn't have happened.

wouldn't they just delete the "+word" bit?

It baffles me how they didn't just IP ban the one who tries to login incorrectly and email the account owner. IP bans wouldn't lock you out of your account if some faggot tried brute forcing it

I have people trying to log into my Steam account 2-3 times per week from all over the world. It's probably in some database of leaked data that Chinese hackers or bots use. Not much you can do about it other than changing your email address/account names wherever possible. It's also a good idea to have a personal email account that you use for important shit (Google, Dropbox, Amazon, etc.) and a throwaway one for registering on hundreds of sketchy forums.

Can't I just delete everything after the '+'?

's/\+.+@/@/'
Gee was that hard

> I got an automated response to visit help.epicgames.com, which requires me to login.
Is there no second line support or whatever? Problems with logging in aren't so rare as to be worth ignoring completely, so that sounds like horribly incompetent support

>Epic Games
>incompetent
Sounds about right.

>make epic games account

Attached: aoba wtf.jpg (1280x720, 256K)

>What is 2FA

dailystormer.name/russian-hackers-stealing-our-fortnite-accounts/

This is why I don't like hooking my bank account or paypal to any site.

NEVER let a site store your banking credentials.

This was happening to my boyfriend all week, some nigger in nigeria spamming it over and over. Epic wouldn't unlock his account for him, kept telling him to email them and then responding they didn't monitor that email or something so he was basically perma locked out.

He tried to login to reset pw on his other computer and it worked, and he turned on this 2FA
imore.com/how-add-two-factor-authentication-your-epic-account
hope it helps

>7
you was fucked boy

Same shit happened to me today. my email and password has been leaked by several sites according to haveibeenpwned.com/ . Ever since my origin account was leaked they've been trying to log into all of my accounts, mainly gaming related. thankfully i only had a handful of them using the same combo of password+username on sites i don't really use or care about

Attached: NFuXwqn.jpg (600x600, 37K)

>mainly gaming related
Yeah I should note all login attempts have been game related. A month ago I got an email saying my non-existent GameStop account was locked, because their retarded systems allows anyone to setup an account with an email without any type of account verification.

EA is pretty horrid about the password leak. They don't even want to acknowledge it. Yet, the russians have my email, password, my country, what games i own on origin, etc. all in plain text.

tits or gtfo

Huh, I have received that shit too.

Attached: 2352.png (966x682, 35K)

i only found out my account was hacked when i logged into bf4 after several months and found my account had been leveled up like 10-15 levels and they were using combinations of guns/attachments that i wouldn't normally use

i received one too, they don't even show ip addresses of source

It wouldn't matter anyway because they're probably behind a thousand different proxies or using tor.

My account is also locked. WTF

Looks like we have a breach here, fellas.

Attached: 1521745570595.png (966x682, 49K)

Same thing happened this morning it also happens to me last week epic games is dog shit I also read people were getting their debit cards rung up to buy shit on Fortnite

I'm using a unique e-mail for all services. When you've registered [email protected] you will also get all emails sent to [email protected]
of course, someone who has you e-mail could try to figure out your system and lock you out anyway. but there's at least still a step in-between.

looks like someone was quicker. that's what I get for only reading half the thread. the point is not that they won't know the gmail account name. the point is that they won't know the actual e-mail you entered when registering at other services. unless you're using an easy-to-guess system. like [email protected] for your epic account.

i got this a day ago from epic games and im fairly secure in regards to handing out my email address to untrusted sites. i think epic have been hacked.

Oh okay, that does make a lot of sense actually

This. Change the email associated with the account, whatever bot will get a different error and move on, then change it back

Same.

>google OP image
>its that cancer Fortnite kiddo game

i bet OP isnt even 18 and i hope you get permabanned form that shitty game, also KYS

Oh shit op now that I think more on this, by unlocking your account, you verify the attack was successful

Same. Googled it, saw Fortnite and figured it's just a bunch of twitch kids.

>t.virgin pubg

I've gotten the same email twice now.
Seems to be some bot that's just trying a bunch of old leaked info.

Stop pissing off people on the internet next time.

>Breach
Do we know if those having a Fortnight account are affected?

Has nothing to do with Fortnight or whatever.
I only made an account with Epic because I temporarily needed to use Unreal Engine 4 to test something.

I did the same thing, but received no email.

Gentoo doesn't has dis problet

Either you just got lucky and they haven't gone through your email yet or the leak is part of something else.

To make an omelette, you've got to crack a few eggs, ya dig.

Attached: b.png (1040x586, 776K)

Just checked my email and got the exact same thing

Attached: g.png (1071x850, 54K)

Tbh the hack of the forums from a year ago should have given them all these emails, but I guess they're just running combo files against the emails they got and are hoping to get lucky. Kiddie tier.

my account was made on 12/14/17 and i still got the email.

>Browsing cause bored
>Glance at this thread
>go to another board
>Email notification in corner of screen

Just happened. Lol wut.

They probably just locked all accounts in the meantime as a countermeasure. Has anyone actually logged into their account?

Oh look a thread full of Sup Forumstards that have no idea how anything works