/dpt/ - Daily Programming Thread

What are you working on, Sup Forums?
Previous thread:

Attached: haskellman.jpg (2136x3216, 325K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Byte_addressing
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Can someone help a guy who is new to programming out? Something is wrong with this code, but I'm not sure what.

#include

int fibonacci( int n );

int main( int argc, char *argv[] ) {
int choice, n;
do {
printf( "Enter 1 to calculate a Fibonacci sequence number\nEnter 2 to exit the program\n" );
scanf( "%d", &choice );
switch( choice ) {
case 1:
printf( "Enter n: " );
scanf( "%d", &n );
while ( n

>something is wrong but I don't know what
That's not true. You're telling me that you've tested your program. Everything seems fine, no errors. Returns expected results. But through divine inspiration you've been given the knowledge that there's something wrong.

I say you should turn to religion for these answers.

can you please indent your code properly? it would help a great deal on reading it

rate my spaghetti list search

private List folder_list = new List();
private List searched_list = new List();
private string[] output;

private string search;

private void Search (string name)
{
searched_list.Clear();
if (name != String.Empty)
{
for (int i = 0; i < output.Length; i++)
{
if (output[i].ToLower().StartsWith(name.ToLower()))
{
searched_list.Add(output[i]);
}
}
}
else
{
folder_list.Clear();
folder_list.AddRange(output);
searched_list = folder_list;
}
Update_ListBox(searched_list);
}

private void Update_ListBox (List list)
{
Lst_Folders.Items.Clear();
for (int i = 0; i < list.Count; i++)
{
Lst_Folders.Items.Add(list[i]);
}
}

My Conv Net is stupid and I don't know why

what is it supposed to do and what is it doing?

FM band radio modem for my motorola 6800 thingy
data transmission has never made your ears bleed worse

can't you make it run slightly above or below standard human hearing range though?

Character classifier of EMNIST dataset (big dataset of handwritten characters)

It just dosen't classify anything correctly while training and it's unclear why.

Network is passed a 64 sample tensor of data
output tensor is 64x26 mapping the images to a value
target tensor is 64 of the correct labels.
But it dosen't ever match the labels.

So what I think the problem might be related to:
I was getting an out of bounds error for my target labels that they weren't between 0 and the highest class value.
It seemed then to be expecting values indexed 0-25 instead of 1-26, so I decremented all label values by one, but vaidation is around 0.01% on every epoch, so it's just randomly guessing a few correctly.

I am running into an issue. My python program that uses aiohttp works just fine on my linux install. I just tried the program in a windows 7 vm I have and I am getting
TypeError: Use async with instead
[\code]
Anyone know why? aiohttp, aiodns, and cchardet are all at their latest version on both my linux install and windows vm. Linux install is KDE Neon (Ubuntu 16.04 LTS base) if that matters.

fuck. I completely messed up the code tags.

/agdg/ is making fun of us again
REEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: 1521070148613.jpg (252x270, 11K)

Literally who cares

>/agdg/
literally who

who?

who

They're not wrong on this account, actually.

hahaha, lol at fags who say kibibyte etc, it's mostly irrelevant outside of wikipedia and harddrive marketing or something, even here for example they say gigabyte instead of gibibyte
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Byte_addressing

Sooo, Java finally a very basic module system now with Java 9. They finally realized that Classes are absolutely terrible at being modules.

they're right tho

>I have created an imaginary enemy and then swiftly defeat it! Praise me more!

kibi-/mebi-/etc bytes are a forced meme which only purpose is to fuck with faggoty harddrive marketers. everywhere else kilo-/mega- etc bytes is the proper terminology which unambiguously refers to the powers of two not powers of ten

and the retards who insist that it's kibi mebi etc are redditor newfags who got it off of wikipedia or some clueless female teacher

nop

Anime programming inspo?

babby's first programming homework questions too

Is programming too saturated now? It seems like there’s too many people already.

if you can't even spell "baby"...

God, this is funny. I just talked to a guy who staunchly said that classes and encapsulation deprecated modules.

It's not that there are too many people, it's that any moron can maintain code, you nolonger need high-salary employees to maintain code.

too many code monkeys, not enough good programmers

>mfw trying to understand continuations

Attached: el torito.png (600x656, 75K)

it's a meme you dip

Python or Ruby?

Attached: 1521701220703.jpg (640x583, 122K)

>using outdated memes that have long been outsourced to reddit

What do you want to do?

At least they're obscure enough to ignore

>started new company
>get mail from obscure company
>they're collecting my data
OH, COME ON!?!

sorry didn't realize you were in charge of deprecating memes

>old-way heavyweight
what did they mean by this?

Attached: nu-males.png (1907x976, 63K)

ignore him, he's been shitting all day

I want to choose best programming language.

x86 assembler

fuck this shit I want my stuff running on my machine

Trolling is a art

Problem is good programmers teach themselves beyond the basics through a desire to learn (of which I've lost throughout college). I used to do this but through the stress of college, work and other obligations I've pretty much dropped into a code monkey who forgets pretty much everything he learned the previous semester. Not to mention that the way college works is that learning is very segmented. Some teachers early on will give you step by step instructions on how to do shit (they have to, because majority of students don't know shit) but then later on some teachers don't make you do some things. I guess the best way to describe this is I didn't know how to write makefiles until my second semester of my 3rd year in college even though I was exposed to them before. I never had a teacher make us write one, and then I get program assignments thrown at me where not only do I have to make makefiles, but there's no instructions for making them or even for you needing them. So not only did I have to figure out I needed to write makefiles, but how to write them on my own. You guys might consider these things basics but maybe it's just my shitty school. Professors cram hard and don't coordinate what they teach in other classes.

So you're saying I could do without continuations in my scheme journey?

Ruby?

no, x86 assembler

>she fell for the college meme

go back

idk ruby, but I have some experience with python2.
I'd recommend ruby.

Yup. College as a learning institution is a fucking joke. The best service any college offers is its networking. Which is something i didn't realize until pretty late in my college career unfortunately. Now I'm looking at a degree in something I've lost a lot of passion for and no real CS connections lined up.

So if any underage guys are reading this, focus your time on meeting people and establishing connections over grades. Still make your grades, but people are going to hire you because a friend recommended you not because of your "stellar" resume that isn't half as good as the 1000 other ones they received from soulless Indians.

I hear people talk alot about "the most qualified person should get the job" that's a fucking joke, you get a job if someone you know, knows someone that has a job, being qualified doesn't fucking matter.

How do I use QT creator with Cmake? It works perfectly as long as I use qmake, but as soon as I try to make it use cmake every feature seems to break.

what doesn't work?

Doesn't Qt have its own pre-build step? You might look up how you'd go about calling that with CMake.

have fun with blocking each and every telemarketer that calls you for the next year or so

> I'd recommend ruby.
Thx, user.

got some offers for tax-free electricity so that's good

Should I just switch to a macbook?

do you have any need to?

I need a new laptop and need durability.
Although I wonder if one could install a tiling wm withing the factory os.

buy an used laptop, it'll save you a bunch of cash

purchase a xeltarion puzseriaah gigatron UXMLRHQ2000. it is well woeth the price and has a double diaphinil tortazius feature which is good for spekrulice and geofrekiya especially geofrekiya. My friend uses one and he is very happy.

Is golang the new python?

Sorry I want a new laptop.
I'm still looking though, I'm not set on the macbook.
The thought came because of the professional programmers just use macbook meme.

no because python is actually useful

buy a thinkpad

in what sense?
if you are rich, totally

but muh goroutines?

Don't use recursion to find values you already found through recursion. I'm gonna guess your code produces an infinite loop

This i actually what I want, but many of them have stupid shit like finger readers.

The shills at google hyped golang as the new systems programming language. But being GC language you wouldn't use it as true "systems" language
So now Go is mostly used by pythonistas as another scripting language primarily because it is easy to learn and it is faster than python

I've been on and off fucking around in C for a while now and I feel like I'm not getting anywhere in programming because each time I try to make something I waste hours sometimes days trying to figure out how to do it just to end up on stack overflow to find an answer. Is this normal? Is it the language? or am I just not cut out for this?

Attached: 1519948091781.jpg (1401x1394, 697K)

yeah uh
make less formal print statements this isnt fucking court

what about a surface?

it does count a bit.
I'm doing my internship in the same company as a classmate. He's been working on a fairly bigger and more complex projetct that me, it's cooler too. But I'm the one who keeps getting job offers. Why ? I know more than him and I don't write spaghetti code.

You just have to keep working on stuff. Eventually you will just remember how to do stuff with out having to google it.

What do you think about Nim? Can it be another contender for C/C++ replacement?

Attached: nim_in_action_cover.jpg (767x964, 73K)

is your friend black or female?

I'd be happy to get rid of this duck-typing non-sense. But golang isn't really something I'd enjoy working with either...

>C/C++
Why are you grouping two completely different languages together?
It's even worse than normal in this context, because the requirements for a C++ replacement are completely different than the requirements for a C replacement.

no.
he's not my friend either.
He's a normie...

spaghet/10

thanks user

Attached: 1521074644231.jpg (160x161, 4K)

>What do you think about Nim?
Interesting, but too idiosyncratic to be useful, small community, no major company backing it. In the end, it doesn't offer anything really innovative on par with Rust's BC, it's just another reshuffling of old features you can find in dozens other languages.
> Can it be another contender for C/C++ replacement?
No, because of GC.

>completely
no

>Rust's BC
BC is the reason Rust will die.

BC will save the industry from the C curse.

Requirement for C replacement:
- Low level
- Efficient
- Portable
- Gives the programmer all of the control
- Code naturally maps to CPU instructions

Requirement for C++ replacement:
- Le ebin maymays
- Balding danish gnome
- Be less of a pile of garbage than sepples is

Seems completely different to me

>Balding
Correction: Bald

>a set of Sup Forums buzzwords
wew

wtf is BC

How do I get started making an iOS app? I know the basics of coding but I don't know what to use to make an app.

if you think those are meaningless shallow buzzwords you need to lurk moar and program moar.

>But golang isn't really something I'd enjoy working with either...

why tho?

Broofs Constructor

Borrow checker.

starting with a native iOS app sucks because they have fucking awful documentation and you basically have to run xcode so if you're not already on a mac computer start with android or something