Just use LINUX it's 10x better

>just use LINUX it's 10x better

this is the biggest meme on this board. if you don't know what you're doing Linux is literally the most confusing and annoying piece of shit. Windows is just easy to use. Nothing complicated. You install it and it just werks. stop with your shitty

"linux is better bcus bcus it looks nicer!!!" meme Sup Forums.

Attached: 1489440420568.jpg (1280x833, 313K)

Other urls found in this thread:

computerworld.com/article/3131906/apple-mac/ibm-says-macs-are-even-cheaper-to-run-than-it-thought.html
linux.oneandoneis2.org/LNW.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

oh and also, i understand Linux isn't the actual OS. I just generally meant most distro's are confusing. Manjaro is kind of decent but how do you even install fucking programs.

What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Attached: stallman_puerto_rico.jpg (2272x1704, 992K)

if you "don't know what you're doing" then you shouldn't be posting here

when did this board become infested with all these normalfags? is it phoneposters?
>manjaro
oh you're baiting

We are on tech board and we are assuming that you work in it then more likely you're working with POSIX all the time

>just use COMPUTER it's 10x better

this is the biggest meme on this board. if you don't know what you're doing a Computer is literally the most confusing and annoying piece of shit. Pen and paper r is just easy to use. Nothing complicated. You buy it and it just werks. stop with your shitty

"computer is better bcus bcus it looks nicer!!!" meme Sup Forums.2

I first installed linux when I was 14, Slackware 10 or 11. I didn't know anything about linux then, but I learned. You're just lazy and want everything done for you. And that's OK, but don't pretend that software that is very easy to use has its difficulty as a barrier to entry. Anything you don't know about will be hard at first, remember learning to write?

this

I3 alone is worth using linux

Attached: 1521621050901.jpg (680x510, 30K)

>i3

Yea

>how do you install programs
you're blind

dwm is superior in every way

Not an argument

It looks like shit compared to i3, and you can do forced window resizing in i3

Please tell me that this is bait

b-but its true

And if it's not bait, please don't post on a tech board

Phoneposting unironic Gentoo god here, not all phoneposters are bad.

>Windows is just easy to use.
PCs running Windows need tech support 8 times as often as Macs (40% a year vs. 5%) - and that's at IBM.
computerworld.com/article/3131906/apple-mac/ibm-says-macs-are-even-cheaper-to-run-than-it-thought.html

Eyy, I was 14 too but I installed Lubuntu. I just used it as a regular OS. Only now am I learning to program. I was already good with the terminal and bash though. My little brother is starting high school but he doesn't really care about this stuff. I wish I could have him share this interest.

>is is the biggest meme on this board. if you don't know what you're doing Linux is literally the most confusing and annoying piece of shit
I started using GNU/Linux in 2008 when the new PC we got had Windows Vista. I searched "free operating system" and downloaded Ubuntu. I was hooked immediately, and that's when GNU/Linux was a huge piece of shit. It's come a long way since then. Windows is literally the worst operating system that people unironically use.

pacman -S (program)
ezpz

I would like you to explain what is difficult about Linux. I’ll wait.

linux.oneandoneis2.org/LNW.htm
a bit outdated, but still true. read it, retard

The people who make these ludicrous claims either never give you an example, or give you a really shitty straw-man example that showcases their ignorance or retardation. Don't waste your breath user.

>wintoddler tries to branch out from his operating system safe space
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. NEVER EVER.

Thanks for further confirming my bias that windows users are all retarded. With each passing day I am even more convinced that windows users are the niggers of the tech world.

as retarded as windows users are, osx fags are even dumber

>how do you install programs
what is a computer?

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 8K)

>Windows is just easy to use. Nothing complicated. You install it and it just werks.

that must be why my grandmother still calls me regularly to ask for help with her windows 7 PC, which by the way, is now a windows 10 PC because it randomly decided to upgrade itself and required me to spend a week explaining the differences to her

First, you install gentoo then you install the programs.

You get a fucking APP STORE. On just about every distro! It's as easy as any dumbass smartphonbe these days. The fuck are you even doing bruv?

usually better things have higher learning curves. Premier vs. iMove, Photoshop vs. Paint, Latex vs. Word

don't be ashamed 120+ IQ is only 2.5% of the population

>if you don't know what you're doing
Then you're literally retarded, sorry

>linux works at all
>"literally what reason do I have to use Windows?? xD"

120+ IQ is a joke, its just smart enough to not seem retarded to actual smart people.

Never give up.

Attached: 1507617651374.jpg (700x519, 74K)

>Windows is just easy to use.
You think that because you've become conditioned to accept windows shortcomings an issues as normal for desktop computers.
There are much better ways of using a computer out there.