Summertime clothes

Who else /cry/ here while listening to it? I am not sure why I do, but my best guess is that I feel I will never be as happy as the characters in the song, walking around in their summertime clothes without a care in the world.

True, but it's supposed to make you feel good, user.
So happy

it does, it makes me really happy. for whatever reason that gets me right in the feels and makes me cry

A lot of AnCo's songs make me feel happy as fuck, Summertime Clothes makes me fucking dance while i'm walking
Amazing song

Same here. Perhaps try Vampire Weekend. they get a lot of hate on this board, but I love them for similar reasons.

I feel your pain, OP. Thought I was the only one.

>AND WE'LL GREET THE DAWN IN IT'S MORNING BLUES
>WITH PURPLE YARN YOU'LL BE SLEEPING SOON

What's the funniest 'Collective song?

Floridada or Chores

it makes me cry b/c ik anco will never go back to their glory days

doesn't matter, user. we will have MPP forever.

Yeah I get that from that song too.

The one that really gets me though is Golden Gal. I find it pretty much impossible to not feel incredibly happy and excited while listening to that song. Probably my favorite AnCo track ever. Too bad most of the rest of the album was pretty weak.

I just listened to this album for the first time (my first AnCo album) and I didn't get it at all.

Why are the vocals so muddled and weak? Why do they sing so whiny? I honestly feel like all the songs would be much better with crisper instumentation and clearer vocals.

I "got" Loveless on my first listen and that's supposed to be a really difficult album to get into. And I thought MPP was just pop. But I just don't get it.

Are their other albums also like that or different?

Feels bad man
pls help

>why are their vocals so muddled
it's called reverb
>and weak
what? how are their voices weak at all?
>why do they sing so whiny?
what are you talking about

>loveless
>difficult to get into
is this bait?

I just don't really like their voices I guess...
Maybe I'm just used to strong, direct voices from stuff like Death Grips, Swans, Hip Hop etc. MPP just sounded so ethereal and I didn't really like that at all.
Same for the instrumentation, maybe it's just not bangin' enough for me, idk. It just felt like going nowhere half the time.

Is Loveless being difficult to get into just a meme? I guess I fell for it.

I dunno, try Jam.

drive around on a warm sunny summer day and listen to this album. It creates a really catchy and fun sound while also having a lot to say. And it does it in a really unpretentious way (which I've found is very rare)

I'd second this, Strawberry Jam might be more your speed. I've found listening to different AnCo albums makes me appreciate the other ones more.

i can understand not liking it but i don't understand the criticisms you're pointing at their voices. their singing on mpp sounds very confident to me.

gonna try these when summer comes, thx brehs

np. I mean AnCo might just not be your style, which is cool. But maybe you'll like them with the right setting. I wasn't into them when I first listened to them, had to listen to a couple albums before I got into them, and then I loved them. Good luck

i know this feeling, very underwhelmed by the rest of the album but that song is amazing

good digits

the other albums are very different

Yeah I'm a long time AnCo fan and when Floridada was released I was thinking new album would be pretty good (I thought Centipede Hz was a pretty good album, just kinda forgettable so still had hope) and then when they released Golden Gal I was super excited because I loved it so much but I was so disappointed by the rest of the album (besides On Delay). It's been pretty disheartening for me actually to have one of my favorite bands release an album that I genuinely don't want to listen to as a whole.

i am listening to summertime clothes right now

Their discog is very varied. They have albums that are completely different than MPP

anybody else notice how the synth riff that plays during the verse of this song are two tracks playing at different speeds in the two channels ?

makes for a cool effect where you can kind 'tune in and out' of the formations the sounds make, like a sort of 'auditorial illusion' similar to the optical illusion on the cover.

brother sport is pretty funny