Flume - Skin

Have you heard the new album yet? What did you think?

I don't like fun

Nice viral marketing, this is gonna be a sure fire hit!

hes already mainstream. hes awful coachella sounding fag sgit tho tbqh

there used to be a time where Sup Forums would discuss new music

fucking awful. just stop

yeah i'm surprised with Sup Forums this year. i guess the problem is most good releases are close to summer, and the kanye/radiohead memes took over the last couple months.

but still, andy stott, parquet courts, the drones, james blake...there have been Sup Forums-worthy and discussion-worthy albums this year for sure.

btw haven't listened to this yet but i've been anticipating it

BUT ALL US BROS ENJOYED COACHELLA, RIGHT BROS AND HOS??? I MEAN WE CAME TOGETHER DURING GRIMES'S POWERFUL SET RIGHT???

Fuck, I missed new Andy stott? How is it?

way overlooked. i really liked it

why isn't there a board for EDM?

like fucking seriously, Sup Forums is literally just people just people tip-toeing around the idea of music with no actual discussion.

First one was better

downloading it now, thanks for letting me know friend

GET THE PARTY STARTED THEN BRO. POST UR BEST EDM.

Pretty good

Never Be Like You, Helix, Smoke and Retribution, Take a Chance, Tiny Cities, and Say It are all great

boring, derivative, forgettable

The instrumentals are good, but everything with lyrics is generic shit.

Can someone explain the appeal? Everyone keeps saying he's influencing EDM a lot.

lol derivative... do you even know what that means

Can someone (without shitposting) explain to me the appeal of Flume?

no new ideas / no interesting combinations of old ideas

basically, he makes EDM for people that hate EDM. his production is good, he's catchy, and it's danceable yet also thinkable without being pretentious.

if you were to play Zedd and Flume one after another, anyone that appreciated music would say Flume is the better artist even though they do similar things.

Why are people spamming this shit? Do they want me to write a RYM review or something of it?

part of the "new" Australian electronic scene alongside artists like Ta-ku

I hate to say it but i'm quite disappointed with Flume on this album,
I mean there's a few filler tracks like any album, but there's just not much diversity with his tracks,
Never be like you, Lose it, Say it, Smoke and retribution, 3 (But fuck me the vocals are shit), Like water and tiny cities are the only listenable tracks
4/10 Album
Seems he's losing his original influence and being sucked into Abstract-electro pop
He should have collared with someone like MrOizo just for insane thick, flume synth with Ozio's amazing percussion
Disappointed because I was hyping myself up so much for the album

ta-ku made one average thing in 2013, and then rehashed it after his barbershop failed

I am Australian. I just never saw why he was so damn appealing.
Do you think Flume as a good artist?

i like his music. i would not say that anything he does impresses me or changes how i think about his genre

A lot of people I've seen on the internet think he's a huge influence on EDM. Why do they say that? (I'm not a big EDM guy so I wouldn't know).

because he brought back vapor wave.

Did he really?

cause they think his songs are catchy but they're not fist-pumping bullshit like Hardwell. They're just solid song structures with good production.

he is tasteful and not indulgent like everyone else in the genre who gets big, but he knows how to write a song so he gets a pass

Thanks. It's good to get a proper response on here for once. I guess I should give this guy a listen.

Flume is such a pretentious dbag as a human and for that reason I struggle internally with his music but I don't mind the new album desu. It's nothing groundbreaking but it hits the spot. Smooth production, can hear him growing as an artist. 5/10.

>can hear him growing as an artist
as a songwriter maybe, assuming he writes the songs. All of his solo tracks on this album were filler imo

I don't know much about flume either, but from what I hear he was the guy who started this whole Future Bass genre thing in EDM. He said that in his earlier works, he only used sylenth and stock Ableton Live plugins, which I guess would attribute to why people like his sound design

The only thing people want you to do is kill yourself.