Impulse Response Pack
>mediafire.com/download/svtfxjtillrdwt8/Gods Cab 1.3.rar
>mediafire.com/download/4n28zkjw0zgmdj9/ASEM RECTO V30 L2.wav

Free VST downloads (amps and effects simulators):
>vst4free.com/

ASIO drivers (essential to use VSTs while playing):
>asio4all.com/

JACK Tutorial for Linux audio production
>libremusicproduction.com/articles/demystifying-jack-–-beginners-guide-getting-started-jack

>Advancing Guitarist Mick Goodrick
mediafire.com/download/cvfno10fv4lf4a8

>Chord Chemistry - Ted Greene
mediafire.com/download/61n5op7eiifxztg

Others
>Mickey Baker's Jazz Guitar
mediafire.com/download/zq35xorj2iaqh22
>Modern Chord Progressions: Jazz and Classical Voicings for Guitar - Ted Greene
mediafire.com/download/oflu4wdwofhqqtb
>Jazz Guitar: Single Note Soloing Vol. 1 & 2- Ted Greene
mediafire.com/download/jmu86f7dj8bdxcd

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PJ5ji0J_2jc
clyp.it/zwdtwfvn
youtube.com/watch?v=J32tqYe1XuM
youtube.com/watch?v=9aFp-Qyg7rY
youtube.com/watch?v=TYtQe2XjkQs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

daily reminder to be a friendly, positive member of the community, and to not shitpost

#
this #. Also, sand that shit off lightly, get the dust off, then paint it. Don't paint the primer without sanding it.

we /diy/ now, keep it up. Gonna put this humbucker in parallel, no switching.
THE ABSOLUTE
Also removing the pole pieces from one side. Going for a weak, anemic, Rickenbacker tone.

Actually, before I forget, I was thinking of leaving the air coil always on even though I know it'll pick up a bit from the neighboring pole pieces, since the other pickup in the guitar is a single coil and hum cancelling could be nice. Thoughts?

on all the time*
As in, wiring straight to volume.

>Friday night lull
Fuck you normies, I'm better off without you! Alone, in my empty thread.

Helping hands are amazing. I shoulda got one of these ages ago. Like $10 or something.

who else is going to buy lots of things they don't need thanks to memorial day sales?

set up the trem on my aria strat copy after months of using a hardtail, why didnt i do this sooner

I'm getting a new guitar (Strat w/ floyd for those interested) and I'm planning on learning more about guitars, fixing and rewiring etc with my old one. I know I'm gonna need a sauter for the wires. What are some other must haves and general knowledge for fixing guitars?

> helping hands
yea dude, these things are underrated. a friend of mine was doing some impromptu soldering without them recently and it was a painful sight.

>sauter
use 60/40 lead solder. get a brass wool thing for cleaning - these are the secret sauce for keeping your shit clean and not blowing through tips on whatever cheapass iron you have. see also

acquire this book

amazon.com/Guitar-Player-Repair-Guide-3rd/dp/0879309210

thanks for the replies

np homie. doing your own work is the way to go

aren't Lee Ranaldo and Thurston Moore great

Since thread empty
Post mememachines

Washing Machine is why I play guitar

Fuck off or grow up, manchild.

Metal/shred/djentfags need their own containment general

Well, I never learned how to use my multimeter right. This is 2.3k ohms, right? I think I can safely say I'm in jangle territory.

Is the hum from amps normal?

Oh god what the fuck
It's like a chapman stick except it's shit

yup 2.3k

cool project. is this your first pickup? interesting faceplace

for vintage shit, yeah. Newer stuff, especially solid state, shouldn't hum. Try another outlet.

Yes, it's ~2.4k ohms.

Nah, this pickup is what came in the first act. Putting it back in because I want to take another pickup out. Pairing it with a 7.1k bridge pickup, what could possibly go wrong?

Fuck. Every time i go to harbor freight i think about buying them. I never do because i think, "meh, I'm not going to need those anytime soon.." Then like 2 days later I'm burning my fingers.

but user he said "mememachines" implying he doesn't think highly of them

> harbor freight multimeter
I hear a ton of shit about those, but i don't get it. You dont need a thousand $ meter unless you're repairing computer circuitry. I have like 8 of those things. Every drawer needs one so you don't have to look. Don't even need to replace batteries. Just get new one free with coupon

No, he calls it that to try and fit in. To ease that trash into gg threads.

Why else would he have that shit saved on his hard drive?

Just posting this to show other anons you don't need shit to do your own mods and fretwork. I'm doing this on my fucking bed because I have no work bench.

I have a lot of stuff saved on my hard drive I cant vouch for.

Whats the deal with these rickenbacker knockoffs

> tfw yo momma sat on your guitar

that first guitar's so shitty that the frets aren't straight lol

they're fanned frets user!

> it sounds like chewing on tin foil feels
P E R F E C T

what would you prefer? a Fender Tele/Jag/Jmaster?Stang? how about you contribute more than you complain...

You're doing the Lord's work, I used to take apart and re-solder my guitar on my bed in high school, it got me my first job at my local music shop... Over a decade later I'm still bumbling through diy guitar stuff

Thanks user, glad you got my back

I do contribute in other posts

Any thing that isn't for shit music is fine.
While this is guitar general it's still in Sup Forums so you have to be playing real music

what qualifies as "real music" to you? it varies a lot from person to person... Kanye for example is prey popular on Sup Forums...

Yo heres a "mod" im thinking of doing? you know that thing thats soldered under the wood from the out to the other thing? why not just use a clip system, similar to the way a computer fan works so you dont have to cut the cable every time you want to work on it?

Ingenious!

Not shred wankery or shit metal. Basically music that people that aren't complete manchildren that are fat and have long greasy hair like.

Please clarify further

if you work on those parts enough I could see that being handy, do it...

so, that includes... you're still just criticizing w/o contributing, what music do you recommend instead?

well you're pretty stupid but there are guitars you can just drop pickups into from the front without soldering.

I'm not trying to recommend music, just want people that wanna talk about or post shredshit to go to /r9k/ instead

Most people only mod each of their guitars once or twice at most in their life time. And soldering provides better seal for something that moves and swings around like a guitar.
Go make your own board and post in there.

Quoted the wrong post.

eat it dickface: youtube.com/watch?v=PJ5ji0J_2jc

Post people playing fenders

Actually, any brand is fine

Just people people playing guitar

Is there a special way to clean a gross as fuck fretboard or do I just take of the strings and scrub it a bit?

Do I need to wax it afterwards or anything?

you can pretty much just scrub it, and use mineral, almond lemon or linseed oil to condition it since you will have the strings off anyway...

You mean like what's been available for years?

What are some bands other than Sigur Ros that use bowed guitar for something other than noise?
Is it possible to actually use a bow to play meaningful music on a guitar? I've tried a lot but it seems impossible to hit anything but the highest and lowest strings, and even then there's a lot of screeching and scraping.

Just play a cello goddammit

Would there be any quality decrease from modding a 3.55MM output (the ones used for PC microphones and headphones) onto a guitar so that I don't need an adapter for PC uses? The good old 6MM output remains there, but would the 3.55MM one sound any worse under ideal circumstances?

I have worked fucking magic on this guitar. It sounds phenomenal. I'm gonna do a demo soon, all virtual stuff though. What's a mix of amps and pedals you guys 'd like for such a demo?

I left in the pole pieces for now, I might try taking them out too, just to go over the edge completely.

lel i'll post whatever i want

try and stop me

I did it.

amazing

magic.

No, what I meant was a direct 3.55MM output, not an adapter to the 6MM output. Like, both of them side by side. Would the 3.55MM one sound any worse?

>stereo to mono

not as long as it was wired the same, no.

They're exactly the same. The mono output from the pickup going to both the mono connector on the 3.55MM and the 6MM, and the same with the ground connector.

TRS doesn't automatically mean stereo. You can have a mono source through a TRS input and the two lines will work with one another to reduce line static

then as long as you don't mistakenly short anything out, it won't sound any different. I'd avoid plugging both outputs in at the same time, because then the impedance of your computer and the impedance of your amp are interacting, which might get weird.

What the fuck would I plug both in for?

Just got this today at a pawn shop in Myrtle Beach Epiphone El Segundo NA. Been lookifr an acoustic for a while finally found one iny price range. Haven't plugged it in yet but I'm headed back to PA tomorrow so I'll hve acess to my amp

>You can have a mono source through a TRS input and the two lines will work with one another to reduce line static
>I have no idea what I'm talking about

>I can't explain the difference between TS and TRS

I don't know, people get weird ideas like putting a 3.5mm jack into their guitar in the first place instead of using an adapter.

>he seriously thinks you can have a mono source through a TRS connection and the two (!) lines will work with one another to reduce line static
holy shit what an idiot

assuming the lines are twisted, the unused ring might act as a shield if it's grounded.

once again
>I have no idea what I'm talking about

>I'm determined to display my ignorance about how basic audio cables work

Hmm, going to check out a guitar second hand but have no amp. What should I do?

Those adapters break off very fucking easily and I'm not very keen on the idea of having a fucking adapter graveyard in my house instead of modding an input onto the guitar.

have you tried looping your cable through your strap to reduce tension on the jack?

>he thinks using a TRS connection makes an unbalanced TS connection balanced
>display of ignorance about how basic audio cables work

And after you get your first pedal you'll just use an adapter to plug into that, then?

I already have a pedal and I only use it with an Amp. Why the fuck would I connect it to a PC? All I do with my PC and my guitar is effects when my pedal doesn't have what I'm looking for.

I have a rocksmith cable plugged into the Auxiliary output of my Sansamp specifically so that I don't muck about with moving the thing. That guy might be on to something: if you have, for example, any true bypass pedal (ideally one you don't actually want to use), you can use it as a sturdy non-moving housing for an adapter, and just plug into the pedal when you want to connect to your PC.

I guess you could also get a broken pedal as long as it has two good jacks, crack it open and just directly solder them together without any pedal circuitry between them.

anyone played a guitar before

fuck no

no but i played a mememachine

Alright, here's the demo of my first act. I have plenty of excuse prepared for my poor playing if required. First is neck pickup through vox ac30, then with tube screamer, next is bridge the same, next is both the same.

Fell in love with a girl played with fender reverb, with a tiny bit of spring reverb, boosted. I can't remember the order of pickups but both at the same time is last.

Sorry it's so long but please tell me what you think of the guitar by listening to a little of it.

I know the audio shits out a few times. My computer is shit.

clyp.it/zwdtwfvn

Rate my guitar.
Jackson Stars Soloist SL-J2, Japan

>clyp.it/zwdtwfvn
shit, it's bridge, neck, then both. My bad.

Looks clean.

Sorry, photo's not mine, but mine looks pretty much the same. Got one recently really cheap for like $227 and Hughes and Kettner Edition Blue 15 DFX for $121.

>tfw you regret selling your old shitty guitars because you could have had fun modding them and it was nice to have another guitar in a different tuning

The Angelic Process is the big one.
youtube.com/watch?v=J32tqYe1XuM
youtube.com/watch?v=9aFp-Qyg7rY
youtube.com/watch?v=TYtQe2XjkQs