Best Buy will no longer sell Huawei phones

The U.S. congress already pressured AT&T and Verizon from dropping plans to sell Huawei phones, and now Best Buy has also caved to the pressure.

Is it a good idea for the U.S. politicians to pressure private businesses into dropping Huawei products instead of opening a formal investigation into Huawei if there are indeed evidence Huawei may pose risk to the U.S.?

Attached: huawei-p20-pro.png (680x453, 411K)

>evidence Huawei may pose risk to the U.S
That's not what this is about. There's something else going on here.

Why is this happening anyway?

>buy ch*nk shit
>get hit

Isn't everything chinkshit?
Are there any phones not made in China?

Its just posturing. A while back they were freaking out about Xiaomi too. I think ZTE was also subject to some scrutiny.
Its likely more to do with the parent companies being Chinese rather than the devices actually being made in China. Other companies are probably whining and getting the state to push policy in their favor.

Because the NSA/goverment has backdoors into every major phone except Huawei and they don't want you to have private untappable communication

I have a Nexus 6P. Does that mean the government can't spy on me?

No, 6P has Qualcomm chipset at request of Google.

No that just means you can be spied on by both the Chinese and the American governments

Protectionist is the new conservative.

the conservatives traditionally have been protectionist

The trade liberalization push that started in the 80s was nearly all GOP. Bill Clinton only got elected because he told Wall Street he will sign off on all the FTAs that started rolling under Reagan and Bush I.

Theres only two parties right now and one orange madman on the outskirts: globalist social conservative, and globalist social liberal. Thinking anything otherwise is foolish, you yourself have surely noticed the inconsistencies?

Kirin chips don't have NSA backdoors.

You have the worst Huawei phone btw

Funny that they target Huawei but not ZTE, which produces telecommunication equipment like Huawei does and should pose just as much risk. ZTE now has 12% of US smartphone market share and Huawei close to zero. Maybe Huawei just didn't bribe the correct politicians.

Also ZTE was established by China's Ministry of Aerospace, so they have Chinese military ties just like Huawei has

I have found software backdoors on my Xiaomi that I have been unable to get rid of. Kapersky frequently flags it and the one time I did get rid of it, my phone shutdown and required reflashing. After a fresh install, it was still there.

Google play found another one hidden in an app called "Tools" that Xiaomi installed as part of their update.

The Chinese botnet is real.

lol i wouldn't be surprised if this was the case. they probably have the hardware backdoored someway. since each phone requires manufacturer proprietary drivers to make the hardware work that's where they would hide something. maybe they couldn't get huewei to let them backdoor their drivers or maybe the chinese already backdoored it and they don't want NSA backdoors fucking up their backdoors.

Huawei has a long history of fucking over all their business partners. I always wondered when the other shoe was going to drop for them.
Also that notch...

huawei mate series is fantastic, i'd take it over samshit any day of the week. if you're going to suffer a botnet, a chink one is probably least offensive.

>tfw you can only buy American botnet

What if the three letters agencies had full access to huawei, and they want to trick you into buying it?

>mate
I thought P > Mate for huawei?

they have each advantages of their own

mate series usually have the most recent technologic advancements

p series usually are a little bit smaller with an alternative screen, new gen camera and last gen specs while maintaining pristine built quality

i owned the Mate S and P9 and boy those phone were the most beautiful handsets to me. i also really like how slim huawei phones are most of the time while having this insane build quality

Attached: 2018-03-23 10_46_08-Test_ Huawei P9 - Allround-PC.com.jpg (1038x767, 224K)

5d checkers - Trump wants to destroy the American high tech industry, they are Democrat alligned and push all things SJW, by banning Chink phones they get the Chinese to ban iPhones and other things, China is the biggest market and with American corporations unable to compete there they lose.

>The government doesn't want you to buy something.
>Not buying it immediately.

It's so cool that the guys that spy on you are trying to protect your privacy from those evil guys.

ZTE doesn't use Kirin SoCs.

it's probably just samsung and apple crying to the goverment about huawei because they're gaining traction in the rest of the world, and fast

Attached: 1495629316399.jpg (379x279, 44K)

Its because huawei denied NSA to provide backdoor to access their phones a while ago.

And its made me want to buy a huawei phone now lmao

Obviously it is, but so is the US one and I'd rather someone else spy on me.

Who do you want to spy on you then?