Don't mind me, just the best music playing software walking through

Don't mind me, just the best music playing software walking through

Attached: 1200px-Foobar2000_logo_2014.png (1200x1583, 107K)

nigger

>N-word

I hate them, the reason I said it is cause I think this thread is shit and to trigger your redirection engine of course

Only faggots from Sup Forums use foobar

what do you use?

WinAmp

*Blocks your path*

Attached: unnamed.png (384x384, 23K)

Musicbee or winamp

>proven botnet
No.

Just use mpd and whatever front end you want.

Proprietary trash

this

It's actually a pretty poor player and is a botnet.
For some reason Sup Forums thinks it's got better quality audio (confirmation bias? using iTunes beforehand? who knows - it doesn't play files better or worse than than WinAmp though...)

>not downloading music instead
>choosing to use a service that is one of the worst offenders that uses DRM, restricting your freedom
>also proprietary

Attached: fucked.jpg (600x590, 36K)

I download all of my weeb music from AB and use spotify for everything else, streaming helps when you're a poorfag with limited phone storage.

>>proven botnet
"No."

There is nothing that sets this autism player apart from any other. It's just bandwagon shit.

It sounds like you barely have ANY space, have you heard of compression?

I don't think anyone has ever said that. The appeal to it was the fact that it's incredibly lightweight while being all-encompassing. You get meta-data read/write, conversion tools, plays all codecs, it's extensible to extremes, has shell tools and global shortcuts and more all in a 3.8MB package.

Winamp does all that in less though...

>and is a botnet
Nice source

Attached: 1484168579569.jpg (1420x784, 203K)

Winamp's (at least the old version, but the new version isn't even out yet so who cares) installer is 10 megs alone, and hasn't gotten an update in 5 years while foobar is constantly update, has a community making plugins for it and more.

AIMP improved a lot recently. It got foobar-like monolythic interface (as well as plenty of legacy hifi style skins), isn't bloated at all, is much better at playing radio streams and has most foobar+addons features built in.

> he fell for the botnet meme
The guy who reported this had an outdated plugin running in the background.

It isn't and didn't and probably doesn't. The devs can't even self-host their shit, and finding the download is like popping a cyst on your asshole. And then there's .

Attached: dopelies.png (434x201, 5K)

>Downloads malware to computer

>streaming helps when you're a poorfag with limited phone storage.
Huh, if only there was a way to expand the storage that comes on your phone. If only.

>specifically chose version that includes several free music files and skins
Nice apples to oranges.

Why does a feature complete music player need constant updates if it isn't a botnet?
Did the ability to decode a file suddenly change?

>literal botnet

>Specifically chose the nebulously labelled "patched" version
>it had no other tags appended
L I T , F A M

Is there a better non-streaming music app for smartphones besides this? I have been using foobar but it gets tedious to delete music from it.

BlackPlayer.

>still no source

see , it also got an android version

>patched version
You mean the minimal installer that's literally right next to the 'full' installer?

Thanks, I will look at both of them.

I couldn't care less about whats better or not. I just like its massive codec support, which is a godsend for downloading stuff in the ape format. Just listening to music.

But yeah ripping CD's with it is garbage and a headache.

Actually best audio player coming through.

Attached: lollypop.png (256x256, 54K)

I don't really care, why are you getting so mad, faggot? I don't even remember inviting you.

Attached: 1507190107012.jpg (283x286, 47K)

>makes audacious claim
>gets proven wrong
>cries about it

Best for windows, doesn't even touch ncmpcpp/mpd

Attached: 1512932314091.jpg (640x640, 36K)

>look mommy I posted it again

What reason is there to hide the source then?

Sorry I overstepped your shitty poorly organized forum post with a link to a third party host so you could try and dump your shitty media player in my lap. I honestly don't care about what Winamp is now anyways. I adopted F2K 9-10 years ago when winamp was a gaudy bloated piece of shit and RAM was still reasonably sparse so overhead needed reduced.

So you used a player that used more RAM than Winamp? Why?

Actually, benchmarking them, Foobar was lighter.

You did it wrong then, I've benchmarked them comprehensively and WinAmp always came out on top.
Foobar has always been a player for contrarians who had to 'be different' to the 'crowd'

Dope, nobody actually cares senpai. It's literally all the same shit.

Also I highly doubt that, but I'll give you 1/10 for trying.

I don't know. Why haven't you provided a source that it's a botnet?

Nigger nigger nigger nigger Nigger nigger nigger nigger Nigger nigger nigger nigger Nigger nigger nigger nigger Nigger nigger nigger nigger Nigger nigger nigger nigger Nigger nigger nigger nigger Nigger nigger nigger nigger Nigger nigger nigger nigger Nigger nigger nigger nigger Nigger nigger nigger nigger Nigger nigger nigger nigger Nigger nigger nigger nigger Nigger nigger nigger nigger Nigger nigger nigger nigger Nigger nigger nigger nigger Nigger nigger nigger nigger Nigger nigger nigger nigger Nigger nigger nigger nigger

Anything that doesn't provide source code should be assumed a botnet, since there is no reason to not provide source code to your software unless you have something to hide.
Certain corporations might argue that their software is novel in such a way that how it operates is special enough that they must hide it to prevent competitors gaining an unfair advantage - however that point is moot here, since FooBar2000 is freeware, it isn't protecting a profitable non-novel software method, it's software provided for 'free' that isn't otherwise supported by advertisements or cost.

It's 'free' (as in beer only) software - but it hides the source - why unless there is something to actually hide?
What could there possibly be in an audio player that requires hiding?

>2018
>not using clementine

Ah yes Foobar botnet is true, The RIAA FBI CIA and the goverment really care what you listen too. Peter Pawlowski collects your data and sells it to A, B or C. All parties need your music listening habits because... well because.

I have no proof and it might be a fallacy just so people have something other to bitch about foobar. Usually its how foobar is not open source boo hoo.

>not using web payer

sluggish as fuck with big libraries. also, no multiple libraries

and how it does not have an official linux port. That one i really feel.

Dude probably has iphone kek

How AIMP?
I barely hear anyone talking about it.
For me it's just works.
I had winamp before but this one was on ninite site. So with other stuff i downloaded this too.
Also later i found out that there is an android version of this just as good as the desktop.

>Anything that doesn't provide source code should be assumed a botnet
So you have no source

cmus for music
clementine for audiobooks

>on Sup Forums
>using anything but ncmpcpp

Attached: 2018-03-23-163916_1920x1080_scrot.png (1410x649, 273K)

it's a healthy suspicion and safety measure, user. just like you'd never point a real gun at year head even when you know that it isn't loaded

what does it better than cmus? tried ncmpcpp, but not being able to add music on the fly was a deal breaker for me. at least the visualization is cool though

Have you heard compressed music?

you can add music on the fly
>add album to your music folder
>have auto_update in your mpd config or press u in ncmpcpp to update
>go to libraries
>add new album to playlist

>>add album to your music folder

that's not on the fly for me. i have music on different disks and they need to stay there