Firefox maker Mozilla to stop Facebook advertising because of data scandal

Why haven't you switched back to Firefox?

usatoday.com/story/tech/talkingtech/2018/03/22/firefox-maker-mozilla-stop-facebook-advertising-because-data-scandal/448849002/

Attached: interested linux frog.jpg (640x479, 57K)

Other urls found in this thread:

xx.reddit.com/r/firefox/comments/86lqx9/hi_rfirefox_i_am_a_mozilla_employee_ama/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>A company that has a product that gathers user data which they then sell to third parties blocks another company's ads because they have a product that gathers user data which they sell to third parties.
Really makes you think...

Attached: 1497452611609.jpg (573x573, 57K)

what the fuck is mozilla advertising on fb in the first place?

>sjwzilla has a severe identity crisis
activated my almonds nicely

>20 Sup Forums tabs open uses 3GB of RAM
>still sucks at Youtube
I still use Firefox but it's kinda ridiculous. Also the SJW politics from Mozilla are annoying.

>I still use Firefox

same, out if habit mainly. I realize they are as toxic as google. I want to believe they are not a front for google to avoid antitrust, but they could not do a better job if they were.

>saving users from themselves
>framing the discussion to normalizing data collection/telemetry
>researching 'acceptable ads'

they should have integrated ublock/adnau since ages instead of pocket and pocketing the jewgle bribe money.

What is the difference to Chrome anyway, sending all your stuff to google indirectly? Could not name one instance where Moz://a took a pro user stance, yet they are supposed to be the champions of privacy and whatnot.

I believe they gather fully anonymous data, though. That I can agree to. Data is essential for progress.

>20 Sup Forums tabs

Why would you do that

>I believe

that's where you are wrong, just a quick glance over their privacy policy

>Sensitive data: Crash reports include a ‘dump file’ of Firefox’s memory contents at the time of the crash, which may contain data that identifies you or is otherwise sensitive to you.

what does anonymous or pseudonymous mean anyway though? It only includes your fingerprint? How hard it is to cross reference that?

>>Sensitive data: Crash reports include a ‘dump file’ of Firefox’s memory contents at the time of the crash, which may contain data that identifies you or is otherwise sensitive to you.
you can disable crash reporting though. And I don't think that's sold on to 3rd parties? not sure.

>what does anonymous or pseudonymous mean anyway though? It only includes your fingerprint? How hard it is to cross reference that?
Usually data is just a spreadsheet of numbers.

Say you went to the hospital, they'd log a number for your condition and how severe it is.

you'd end up with something like:
case# condition severity
0 [0-x] [0-10]

pretty terrible example, but that's the type of shit I've seen. More variables though.

too bad firefox is bloatware and has no addons

Sup Forums tabs open uses 3GB of RAM
30 tabs here + Discord, around 600 or 700 MBs used.
I don't know what issue are you having with Youtube but compared to Chrome, it works perfectly fine using Firefox on my end.

Attached: Untitled.png (1360x768, 81K)

>he thinks using 700MB RAM is okay
try again around 300

Attached: .jpg (1920x846, 201K)

It's fully semi-automatic data, actually.

Based.

Woah, when did Chrome git gud? It seems to be using way less RAM than I remember. It still lags on Youtube at 720p60 though, sad.

If it wasn't for that and the unnecessarily big UI, I'd use it.

Attached: Untitled.png (721x386, 47K)

I can have 20 tabs open and use ~950MB

Attached: hmmm.png (1923x1269, 108K)

It has better extensions than chrome

firefox has no extensions since quantum

It has everything I need. Also Firefox is at ok out of the box, while Chrome is completely unusable without extensions.

Youtube videos have a short delay whenever I stop then press play, also they occasionally crash and mess up a random tab, usually the first one. It's hard to explain, a tab will go completely white and you won't be able to use it again, it has to be closed. Even typing in a new address does nothing, it's "dead" without actually being frozen. Youtube is just far slower and buggier than Chrome, I imagine it's probably Google's fault.

Ah, an apple user.

It's true though. Literally the only reason you see Chrome users go on and on about "muh extensions" is because Chrome is 100% unusable without them. It's a trash browser, worse than even Internet Explorer. Look at something like Vivaldi, it has extensions but your average user barely even needs them, since the browser is so customizable by default. Vivaldi, Opera, Firefox and Safari are browsers, Chrome is a toy used for checking Facebook.

>data is progress

Attached: 4L_KJbZYrkU.jpg (501x504, 63K)

hey nibba,
6 gig of ram(i've got an apu so 2gig are for the gpu... i don't have 4+2 dimms),
3 tabs total (2 Sup Forums + youtube homepage) ram as pic related on ff quantum (59.0.1 as we speak)

Attached: nibba.png (932x165, 34K)

Around 1.1 GB. It looks like you're not into about:config tweaking, sad.
I'm also using 59.0.1, not the official but a custom build though.

>jewtube
not using hooktube

Some faggot mozilla employee is doing a leddit ama right now:
xx.reddit.com/r/firefox/comments/86lqx9/hi_rfirefox_i_am_a_mozilla_employee_ama/

Based mozilla.
Striking another blow for social justice.

Attached: 1521659798251.jpg (467x328, 98K)

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-03-23 13-47-14-or8.png (1297x1023, 69K)

>based
Woke

>Privacy is very important to us.
>Why Google is the default engine then?
>You are always free to change the default search engine to whichever you like.

I picture a big shit eating grin while they type these answers

The fuck are you on?