Will there ever be something this /comfy/ again?

Will there ever be something this /comfy/ again?

Attached: HTC_T_Mobile_G2-550x338.png (550x338, 188K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/k46-8XWeIbE?t=3m7s
fossbytes.com/zero-terminal-tiny-linux-raspberry-pi-computer/
n-o-d-e.net/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I had that phone, it was fucking sweet. But I did prefer the N900.

Sadly no

No.

I do wish they'd take that PDA with the mechanical keyboard and make a phone like that though. I'd use it no matter what OS it had, even Windows mobile. Of course, my first smartphone was pic related in 2005 so I'm not skurrt of O.G. WinMo

It can run KitKat too so that's a big plus

Whoops

Attached: xda_mini_s.jpg (410x427, 42K)

i loved this phone, but it got so slow in its later days.

I had mine pushed to 1.42ghz, but gradually apps have stopped supporting Gingerbread.

When this phone was released, the entire GAPPS package was only 28MB

Now the entire GAPPS install is nearly 2GB > this phone only had 1.5GB of user accessible memory...

the 512MB of ram, with 128MB reserved for radio and system functions just cant run much any more.

it can run. does not mean its a good experience. 4.0 onward just slowed down to a crawl on the device.

>landscape keyboard
Kill yourself underage

>When this phone was released, the entire GAPPS package was only 28MB
>Now the entire GAPPS install is nearly 2GB
botnet takes up a lot of space

i moved on.

Attached: photo_2018-03-23_18-36-05.jpg (1280x960, 96K)

Yeah, it'll release pretty soon.

youtu.be/k46-8XWeIbE?t=3m7s

Attached: twarren_motomods21.0.jpg (920x613, 51K)

Sure fag.

Attached: muhBlackBERRY.jpg (770x578, 61K)

The keyboard mechanism was flimsy and it was under powered. I even preferred Nokia E7 over it regardless of the abysmal software support.

Buy a keyone you dumb idiot

XT897, its board has a SIM card interface you can solder a SIM card housing to, cut a slit on the side of it and you can slide a SIM card in.

LineageOS runs, no wireless interfaces show up though, need to reflash the stock ROM and see how its interfaces are brought up... maybe I'll have spare time for this at some point.

>implying motomods aren't supported by more powerful phones than the keyone
I already have a Z2 Play from before the keyboard became a thing, and this phone will last a lot and have proper support. BlackBerry forgets about its phones a year after they're released. Who's the idiot?

Every phone now how bluetooth. You can pair a full sized keyboard to them now.

I'm assuming this is a DIY job. What's it from?

I'm too lazy to reverse image search.
pls responde

Dear Sup Forums, got a N900 currently unused what can i do with it?

Search N-O-D-E on youtube

(Me)
Got impatient and found it myself. Here's the URL in case anyone else wants it.

fossbytes.com/zero-terminal-tiny-linux-raspberry-pi-computer/

thanks. I have a pi zero I'm not using lying around. I might make this.

I also have a pi zero and considered this project. Still, the guy tends to update his projects quite often, so i'm currently waiting for an update on this one.

Also, check his site: n-o-d-e.net/
It contains updated links to to schematics and code.

Updates sound nice. Thanks user!

Planet Gemini PDA

Anyone looking at the Gemini PDA?

>Portrait keyboard

You make me fucking sick.

My nigga, this phone was awesome, remember bringing it in school when people didn't even know what touch screens were.

Portrait keyboards are for grown ups. Its the way blackberrys and palm phones used to be before they started making keyboard feature phones for high schoolers. Portrait is easily superior in every possible fashion.

Why are you using the future tense?

Seek help. Portrait keyboards on phones are superior. Keyboard is always there, you don't need to waste time to rotate the phone and pull the keyboard out.

Attached: source_merc_11.png (500x561, 234K)

Tried using a physical keyboard on a phone recently and I can't say that I miss it.

The speed of touchscreen typing along with autocorrect us just do much better.

Wat

I am sure your time is so valuable, you cant even afford to waste it on flipping your phone. Is that why you are on Sup Forums ?

These old smartphones sure are cute.

Attached: IMG_20180318_154526.jpg (800x450, 132K)

Should I buy a Nokia N900 ? Is it still usable to this day ?
I've never had one before, but I'd like to buy a phone with a physical keyboard that isn't botnet

Attached: 1496888341569.jpg (250x243, 7K)

Send it to me for free.
jkjk, install linoox on it, and have a comfy portable terminal.

I'm educating you right now and time spent on education is never wasted.

Yep, if only I could afford. Also patiently waiting for parts to come out on ebay/ali so I can use that keyboard for my own diy projects

If you need to use the web, or facebook, or google, for anything. Absolutely not usable. If not, it's a prefect

the 256mb ram and low speed single core cpu are very limiting in what you can do with it. that said, with a native linux distro like devuan running on it you also have quite some possibilites you wouldn't have otherwise.

If you're well seasoned in using the linux terminal, you can have a lot of fun with the n900. If not, it really depends on the price and whenever it's worth to satisfly your curiosity, as pretty much any cheap mobile botnet is already faster compared to the old n900.

with neo900 let's hope so.

Yeah internet doesn't matter at all, I'd like to buy an older phone for this purpose as well. The only other thing that matter is music, it's quite comfy to have music on the go. I guess that it's possible to put some downloaded music on the phone right ?

Thank you for the answer user!
Yeah I'm well seasoned with the terminal and I though that it could be fun to have a little Linux distro running on my phone.

I was thinking about buying a refurbished one on Aliexpress for 68€, I've looked up on eBay and a local website and it seems to be the cheapest