Explain how this is any different to coldplay

explain how this is any different to coldplay

i'm serious

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5XP5RP6OEJI
strawpoll.me/10332395
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Well it's a lot more depressing

The aggressive strings in BTW would never be used in a Coldplay song.

explain how your not autistic

i'm serious

How are they more aggressive than Viva la Vida

took the test at age 13 and was nowhere near the spectrum

Well for one thing, it's good.

explain why you're such a fucking faggot

i'm serious

how is it similar?

How are the strings in VLV aggressive?

lmao

I mean did you listen to the verses
Every single note is a punctuated marcato

You know sometimes even doctors and tests are faked.

that moment when coldplay does radiohead better than radiohead

Radiohead are the most banal and insufferable band. They're literally *THE* entry-level, gateway band to 'proper' music, and their naive fans need to stop projecting all this bullshit onto them as if to say they're anything more than that.

If you consider yourself a Radiohead fan, then you simply need to listen to more music beyond the scope of the Sup Forums essentials and P4K. Radiohead are white bread and nothing more.

Different songs
Different musicians
Different producer

i like white bread

>stop liking what I don't like!

If you consider white bread the top tier of food, then you're ignorant.

Similarly, if you eat nothing but white bread, you get horribly sick.

Well things can change over the course of two years.

all i said was i like white bread

Its good

Is the idea of eating to only eat the best food in existence? or is it about simply getting sustenance to recoup lost energy?

Also if you eat nothing but only the best bread, then you'll eventually get sick of it and it too will become ordinary over time, without a lesser bread to compare it to.

Good, then you're not like 90% of Radiohead fans.

>Also if you eat nothing but only the best bread, then you'll eventually get sick of it and it too will become ordinary over time,
What a shitty argument

the one kid i know who lavishes radiohead with praise also refuses to eat any fruit or vegetables of any kind, and will sit for like half an hour picking them out of any kind of meal he has before he eats it

to me that speaks volumes about the band

thats ok with me
so whats yr problem

How so?

You essentially wouldn't know X is shitty or Y was great without both X and Y

So you're basically arguing exactly what I was - that Radiohead only serve a function to give context to bands that are actually worthwhile.

>implying your parents would tell you

>bands that are actually worthwhile.
Such as?

meanwhile, u can still like white bread

Not really because Radiohead themselves are a musically sophisticated rock band.

I was talking about Coldplay

Can/Neu! who they took from
Paul Lansky and krzysztof penderecki who they took from
Charles Mingus who of course they took from

Good ones beyond the scope of the Sup Forums essentials.

all of those artists are p entry level too thou

What did they "take" from?

how in the everloving fuck is penderecki entry level lmao

So? All those artists took from others as well.

>all of these people replying to bait
He'd probably stop posting if you ignored him for long enough.

thankfully they were good at it and original

honestly the only thing worth your time with radiohead is the technicality of nigel godrich's production and mixing. the guy is a wizard

Can/Neu! is obvious, electronic/rhythmic priority in rock music
Lansky is Idioteque Penderecki is HTDC
Mingus is obvious
Shut the fuck up moron, they did not.

maybe he's not entry level but

we're talking abt something else now

>thankfully they were good
Subjective and thus yot relevant.
>at it and original
If they took from others, then no. That is the opposite of originality.
>Shut the fuck up moron, they did not.
Well let's see:
>electronic/rhythmic priority in rock music
Rock Music alreday had a rhythmic priority, but see The Monks iof you are curious. Also the United States of America predates them for electronics as well as other electronic musicians.
>Mingus is obvious
If it's obvious, you'd be able to explain it, Try again?
>Lansky is Idioteque Penderecki is HTDC
What are you referring to here?

Also looking for specifics they "took". Overall aesthetics are not relevant.

HTDC sounds not at all like Penderecki.

can we get back to shitting on radiohead

right but its still 3x my favourite bands

>Radiohead fans don't listen to anything else

>Rock Music alreday had a rhythmic priority,
Yeah The Beatles pop work was definitely focused on rhythm
> but see The Monks
Already have, they aren't significant and didn't do anything radical.
>Also the United States of America predates them for electronics
Well just raw talking electronics Brian Wilson would be the innovator there
>If it's obvious, you'd be able to explain it
National Anthem you fucking moron
>What are you referring to here?
So do you not look up anything about the albums you listen to? Do you even care about music?

yikes
why are u getting so worked up over this thou

>Yeah The Beatles pop work was definitely focused on rhythm
Correct.
>they aren't significant and didn't do anything radical
Show me 30 bands that sound exactly like them
>Well just raw talking electronics Brian Wilson would be the innovator there
How so?
>National Anthem you fucking moron
How so? Explain it.
>So do you not look up anything about the albums you listen to?
It's your argument, you need to explain it.

>not just enjoying the music

Holy shit underrated

>implying music is to be enjoyed and not subjectively (under the guise of objectively) picked through painfully

Coldplay write songs with hooks that get radio play on Top 40. Radiohead strip away all that and mope and whine 'cause they're serious artistes. Really there's little difference between AMSP and Ghost Stories when you get down to it. Two sides of the same coin.

>Correct.
Oh so I guess Schubert was as well then
youtube.com/watch?v=5XP5RP6OEJI
>Show me 30 bands that sound exactly like them
This is a ridiculous request. How old are you?
It's just rock music performed by amateurs.
>How so?
If you don't know how BW innovated with tape music in rock you are
W-O-R-T-H-L-E-S-S
>How so? Explain it.
The free jazz-style brass section featured in the song, influenced by jazz bassist and composer Charles Mingus,[3] creates a soundscape of chaos, and has been described as "a brass band marching into a brick wall" by one reviewer.[3]
The song also features an Ondes Martenot, played by Jonny Greenwood, an early electronic instrument which was picked up by Greenwood for several songs on Kid A and subsequent albums.[4] Greenwood's usage of it was inspired by the music of Olivier Messiaen.[5]
>It's your argument, you need to explain it.
The string orchestration for "How to Disappear Completely" was influenced by Polish composer Krzysztof Penderecki.[1] Jonny Greenwood's use of the ondes Martenot on this and several other Kid A songs was inspired by Olivier Messiaen, who popularised the early electronic instrument and was one of Greenwood's teenage heroes.[44] "Idioteque" samples two computer music pieces, Paul Lansky's "Mild Und Leise" and Arthur Kreiger's "Short Piece". Both samples were taken from Electronic Music Winners, a 1976 experimental music LP which Jonny Greenwood had stumbled upon while the band was working on Kid A. Thom Yorke also referred to electronic dance music when talking about "Idioteque", and said that the song was "an attempt to capture that exploding beat sound where you're at the club and the PA's so loud, you know it's doing damage".[7]

THIS TOOK 2 MINUTES LOOKING UP THE MUSIC ON WIKIPEDIA

>Also if you eat nothing but only the best bread, then you'll eventually get sick of it and it too will become ordinary over time, without a lesser bread to compare it to.

right that's why so many rick people take breaks from eating expensive healthy fresh foods to go fuck homeless people, because they get sick of fucking rich beautiful people.

Fucking nerd

Radiohead are the most banal and insufferable band. They're literally *THE* entry-level, gateway band to 'proper' music, and their naive fans need to stop projecting all this bullshit onto them as if to say they're anything more than that.

If you consider yourself a Radiohead fan, then you simply need to listen to more music beyond the scope of the Sup Forums essentials and P4K. Radiohead are white bread and nothing more.

>Artists borrow samples and inspiration
Wow dude, that shit's just unheard of.

I'm glad that the Radiohead fans who knew absolutely nothing about the very well known influences on Kid A are now telling me they totally understand how pointless it is.

Like you can tell they're just trying to defend themselves liking an overrated album too much.

>Oh so I guess Schubert was as well then
Not relevant.
>This is a ridiculous request.
You made the claim, now back it up.
>It's just rock music performed by amateurs.
Not relevant
>If you don't know how BW innovated with tape music in rock you are
It's your argument, you need to explain it.
>The free jazz-style brass section featured in the song, influenced by jazz bassist and composer Charles Mingus
The true beginning of free jazz as it is understood today, however, came with the recordings of Ornette Coleman. Coleman pioneered many techniques typical of free jazz, most notably his rejection of pre-written chord changes, believing instead that freely improvised melodic lines should serve as the basis for harmonic progression in his compositions. His first notable recordings for Contemporary included Tomorrow Is the Question! and Something Else in 1958, garnering Coleman national recognition.[12] In terms of free jazz history, these albums revolutionized concepts of musical structure, as many of the compositions on these two early albums do not follow typical 32-bar form and often employ abrupt changes in tempo and mood.[13]
>The song also features an Ondes Martenot
Show me a Mingus song with this instrument.
>The string orchestration for "How to Disappear Completely" was influenced by Polish composer Krzysztof Penderecki
Already covered this see: >Overall aesthetics are not relevant.

>THIS TOOK 2 MINUTES LOOKING UP THE MUSIC ON WIKIPEDIA
Which is probably why your argument is so garbage. Cherry picking artists you knew influenced them base doff what you read on wikipedia won't work if you don't know anything about those particular artists. .

>not enjoying bread

>influences =/= rip off

>very well known
Where's your source on that?

I've listened to more of Ornette Coleman than you have, so why did you put that in there?
>Show me a Mingus song with this instrument.
Try reading the paragraph again kid.
>Overall aesthetics are not relevant.
"Hey if they were channeling this artist's style and wanted to callback to that artist THAT'S NOT RELEVANT"

I'm glad that the Radiohead fans who knew absolutely nothing about the very well known influences on Kid A are now telling me they totally understand how pointless it is.

Like you can tell they're just trying to defend themselves liking an overrated album too much.

Like do you see this kid You can tell he's never studied any bit of music in his life, he's never read anything about music in his life, HE DIDN'T EVEN READ MY POST. THE MARTENOT WAS CLEARLY SAID TO BE AN INFLUENCE FROM MESSIAEN.

Goodbye Radiohead kids, let me know when you grow up.

I'm not going to argue people who won't read.

Do you need to have the differences between The Beatles and The Rolling Stones explained as well?

I love this thread, with the bread, radio's, Schubert, and people who think they know everything.

If you consider yourself a Radiohead fan, then you simply need to listen to more music beyond the scope of the Sup Forums essentials and P4K. Radiohead are white bread and nothing more

>so why did you put that in there?
I'm showing you the logical inconsistency in your argument.
>Try reading the paragraph again kid.
Done. Now explain it.
>Hey if they were channeling this artist's style
Show me how Paranoid Android is Mingus or Can's style.
>damage control

hotheads

Difference is Coldplay is actually good.

It's not damage control, you just didn't read.
Answer me this. Who are your 5 favorite artists/composers?

lmao what made u think storming off would make u seem like u came out looking better

>THE MARTENOT WAS CLEARLY SAID TO BE AN INFLUENCE FROM MESSIAEN.
Can are clearly rip offs because they weren't the first to play guitar, bass, drums and keyboards
Mingus is clearly a rip off because he wasn't the first to play bass and piano

etc.

Ohshit, someone is about to get
D E S T R O Y E D

Radiohead aren't innovative, they never were. They are a great gateway band for more experimental stuff. They make great music with interesting chord changes, time signatures, textures, melodies, blend of electronic/slightly experimental stuff. They have some variety to their sound, and do it really well.

To say they're "innovative" or "the best band ever" is dumb.

To say they're garbage, bland, boring, etc. is also dumb.

>Who are your 5 favorite artists/composers
Harry Partch
Karlheinz Stockhausen
Alvin Lucier
Delia Derbyshire
Alan Lomax field recordings.

Yours?

sure, but they aren't the slightest bit dissonant. also in BTW the strings are played col legno which gives them a percussive sort of texture

Nice

I'm none of the guys that you're talking to, but this is some good taste. Lucier is the man, and Lomax is such a crucial figure.

Poll for all Radiohead fans: strawpoll.me/10332395

Nice fake list, kid.

Pierre Boulez
TVU
Arnold Schoenberg
Glenn Branca
Louis Andriessen

Now, give your favorite release/composition by each of them.

How long have you been studying music theory?

You may genuinely like these, but this post comes of as a parody.

>Nice fake list
D E S T R O Y E D

...However this guy has also got good taste.

And considering this has also made me doubt you.

How do we know his list is fake also?

OP is just a tryhard baiter using the old "anything that wasn't completely radical and game changing is a 4/10" that Scaruffi often falls into as well. Radiohead was/is (perhaps, I haven't listened to anything since In Rainbows) a very good pop group who are head and shoulders above the manipulative and formulaic Coldplay. That's not some kind of terrific achievement, but come on.

It doesn't really matter either way. They're just trying to convince the other they have the biggest Sup Forums-peen, and they are both being ridiculous. Just let them be and enjoy your bread.
>mfw select all images with bread

>>mfw select all images with bread
Did you choose white?

Coldplay based their entire career on High And Dry.

Radiohead covered more genres and did more complex, interesting stuff.

It's pretty try hard to say they are the same thing.

There was only white to choose from
I'm sure that is symbolic of something, I just don't know what

Not really, I'm just trying to show everyone that this kid doesn't know anything about the music he listens to.
Like seriously, he was asking if the Ondes Martenot was related to Mingus.
He's clueless.

>he was asking if the Ondes Martenot was related to Mingus
You made the claim that National Anthem was ripping off Mingus because of the use of a martenot. Are you aware you are retarded?

Musician for 10 years
Music Theory for about 3