How do I get into Pink Floyd?

What albums do I listen to?
What albums should I avoid?
Any Flowcharts?

just listen to DSOTM, WYWH, Animals and then maybe Meddle, Atom Heart Mother and Piper at the Gates of Dawn.
then never post here again
thank you

Avoid
>The Wall
>The Final Cut
>A Momentary Lapse of Reason
>The Endless River
and if you don't care for soundtracks - avoid More and Obscured By Clouds - but listen to them later on because they're GOOD.

Best way to do Pink Floyd is chronologically.

Don't avoid the wall. You might want to avoid ummagumma

Chronologically is best

I didn't even like pink floyd that much until i heard piper at the gates of dawn. It remains as my favourite album to this day

You gotta listen to Dark Side of the Moon first.

Ignore everyone else in this thread and use this flowchart. It'll tell you everything you need to know, and even includes some solo stuff.

I jus tried getting into them by the Wall and Dark Side of the Moon, not a good ideia, I loved The final cut, so try that

Dude same here. I don't know, but that album made the rest of their discography sound better

>flowcharts
>listening to artists discography in any specific order except chronologically
>not listening to all the studio albums of a band you like
Please give me a good reason for doing any if these things

Just give everything a try and if you like it,great. If not, don;t listen to it again. The only project I refuse to listen to again is The Final Cut, but that's just me.

Pink Floyd really are one of the few artist I'd argue are best listened to chronologically. You can really tell how their music developed and how each artist influenced the music. Also check out Syd and Roger's side projects.

So Meddle and A Saucerful of Secrets for an acid trip?

listen to the big 4(DSOTM, WYWH, ANIMALS, THE WALL)
Watch live @ pompeii
go back and enjoy the rest of the catalogue

What's the appeal of the Dark Side of the Moon?
I haven't listened yet.

This.

the wall it's just pretentious shit

Animals.

>Whats the appeal of this entirely subjective experience?
Just listen to it family. Most people don't regret it :)

ok!

The Wall is their best album, dont let 4virgins fool you with their experimental crap

for this purpose - live part of Ummagumma.

The wall is great but seriously both Darks side of the moon and Animals are superior.

>Experimental crap

doooood.

here ya go dude

recommend
> The Dark Side Of The Moon
> The Wall
> Wish You Were Here
> Meddle
> Animals
> The Piper at the Gates of Dawn

Avoid
> Ummagumma
> The Final Cut
> A Momentary Lapse Of Reason

or you can start with Compilation album like The Best of Pink Floyd: A Foot in the Door or Echoes: The Best of Pink Floyd, it's also a good way to get into PF through their hits

Hey You is my first moment of PF and The Wall is always the first one of my 5 favorite albums.

Don't avoid the wall

Ummagumma has Careful With That Axe, Eugene!

I know, but the double album is still too experimental for beginner, unless OP likes experimental stuffs.

Live at Pompeii