Why are machine learningfags so butthurt over blockchain...

Why are machine learningfags so butthurt over blockchain? You do realize Bitcoin is gonna replace our whole financial system right? You do realize for that fact alone, that makes it worth more than any other tech out there?

Sorry, but something that might be able to predict what customers are going to buy, and make a company a mere 20% more is not a big deal. That's what most machine learning companies do anyway. That's it and I couldn't give two shits about that.

>but muh predictive markets

Okay, then go and do that. There are already companies that do this with the stock market already. Blockchain is more revolutionary than machine learning and AI and will uplift more people out of poverty than anything. Deal with it.

Attached: kikgramlolearning.jpg (1021x1124, 208K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HSmm_vEVs10
youtube.com/watch?v=tjf-1BxpR9c
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

lol buttcoin morons are this delusional
memelearning is also dumb

>have a 6/10 gf
>check another 6/10 chick which basically looks the same

i never understood this epic facebook meme

lol fiat morons are this delusional.

have fun with your currency nobody backs or even uses
every single person I have met has never heard of memecoins

Girl in red has a way better ass.

It's literally the same girl in a different dress

Machine learning is basic level ai development.

If we get really good at it wont it make the whole blockchain thing irrelevant?

I am not really knowledgeable about either, but I don't remember buttcoin having magic cryptography that would be immune to an even mediocre ai's assault.

>You do realize Bitcoin is gonna replace our whole financial system right?

Attached: 1397895914450.jpg (3316x3430, 1.88M)

Attached: hough.jpg (400x460, 23K)

Its not, it hasnt, it cant

just Bitcoin (not counting all the other cryptocurrencies) is already stretching power resources to the limit and has almost zero mainstream adoption, it cant scale, its a dead end ponzi scheme by design

I work in the AI division in my fat company, the jokes about Blockchain are less about the functional use of Blockchain (we would know, we are the biggest company pushing it right now), but are more about the fact that literally every other company is just sticking "Blockchain" in their name to increase their valuation on the stock market.

In other words, Blockchain in and of itself is fine, the problem is that nobody outside of our company and the companies we deal with seem to understand the actual use of Blockchain, instead just bandwagoning onto the terminology and turning it into a meme.

Blockchain doesn't mean cryptocurrency, brainlet.

All of these cryptoniggers need to get the fuck out of this thread, they don't know shit about blockchain.

Ooooh wooooowww I have a distributed database with harder-to-breach integrity

Soooo amazing, this change everuthing!!!

Kill yourself

>I don't understand anything about supply chain management or the value of making an accessible database to instantly look up transaction records between multiple companies

There's no teaching you cryptoniggers.
Go take out another loan. Buy another GPU. That's all you brainlets know.

Kek

Look kid, let me explain something very simple to you.

Markets often give literal bullshit extremly high value because business idiots ike you don't have a single brain cell but are conditioned to bow down to big words. This bullshit, however, only has this high value for a certain time. Than even the business morons get that it's bullshit. This is called a bubble.

I made a decent 400k from Bitcoin, Ethereum and Litecoin. I knew from the beginning it was bullshit, but scamming /biz/idiots like you is very rewarding.

You know, the only memecoins that actually perform well enough to support the transaction level of a credit card like VISA do so by introducing centralizing elements, eliminating blockchains benefits. If you had a single clue of what blockchain rally was you could see that your silly ideals simply cannot be realised with it. It's waaaaaaaaay to slow.

But go ahead, boy, let me scam you. It's a dog eat dog world and I don't mind eating people like you

If it's not a tradeable currency or ICO, then most VCs don't give two shits about it, because that's where the money is right now. It replaces the trillions in fiat that we use.

Yes, there is some money in putting medical records or fucking wine bottles on the blockchain or some bullshit, but it's not nearly as much as the derivatives market and how disruptive crypto currencies are going to be.

Don't even delude yourself that this isn't /biz/ by claiming that it's about 'competing technology'. This is about business focuses.

>do so by introducing centralizing elements
HURF DURF
It's almost as if big companies are centralizing elements.

Jesus fucking Christ. It's like talking to a child.
I'm not talking about Silicon Valley bullshit. I'm talking about Fortune 500s. Silicon Valley can go ahead and pull whatever investor scams they want, I don't care about them. That part of the world is fucking idiotic.

The real value in blockchain is in validating transactions between untrusted parties. Between Fortune 500s.

buttcoin and cuckchain will remain fringe funny money for retards as long as there are legal tender laws demanding you accept the paper money I wiped my ass with.

This guy gets it.

Blockchain has little to nothing to over people in the consumer market. The real value is in the financial services market where due diligence comes into play. If someone can produce a reliable blockchain that can't be bullshit, the whole diligence industry becomes moot because anything and everything becomes both public and verifiable.

Attached: 1520035350638.jpg (510x510, 44K)

op I think you misunderstand that image
machine learning people aren't butthurt, they're just becoming blockchain devs because muh bandwagon

>If someone can produce a reliable blockchain that can't be bullshit, the whole diligence industry becomes moot because anything and everything becomes both public and verifiable.
except this is getting zero traction from fortune 500 companies who have zero incentive to replace tried and true accounting for something that will get them goxed

What is JP Morgan?

No, there isn't a lot of publicity but there is a lot of R&D going on.

Oh look, a salty nocoiner larping on Sup Forums.

>Okay, then go and do that. There are already companies that do this with the stock market already. Blockchain is more revolutionary than machine learning and AI and will uplift more people out of poverty than anything. Deal with it.

do people unironically believe this?
the whole "ICO" shit that seems to happen almost daily should tell you all you need to know about "blockchains"

the only decent blockchain project is XMR ( Monero ) and ETH. rest is shit.

This is how I know that you know nothing from blockchain

as someone who works at a fortune 100 financial services company that is investing heavily in hyperledger for various projects & Ripple, I'm here to tell you that you're very wrong

t. bought ripple at $3

>as someone who works at a fortune 100 financial services company
the fact that investments banks set up speculative trading in crypto doesnt mean shit and has nothing to do with a 'distributed ledger' of transactions

good arguments, please explain?

It has almost a decade to do so. How far has this "blockchain technology" gone yet?
Oh that's right, literally nowhere. It had a funding of millions of dollars because cryptoturds will buy any shitcoin because they have no fucking idea what a ponzi scheme is.
Even with a decade of time and millions of fundings it has gotten literally nowhere.

>AI and will uplift more people out of poverty than anything
Ai will cause mass unemployment. It will be worse than the depression and the wealth gap will be dark ages feudalism levels

Yeah you're retarded, go back to school you fucking peasant.

Show me who backs the value of bitcoin or how it has intrinsic value.
I can at least wipe my ass with a dollar bill.

deepweb + every other trade activity which isnt allowed on paypal

That really doesn't answer his question you know.

They are both memes.

Where did this delusional faggot come from?

No, I mean really, who would think like that and be sufficient enough to function in society.

jobs will shift just like during industrial revolution
automation doesn't just happen overnight

Jobs will shift? Shift to what? Who would hire jamal when a t1000 will do it faster cheaper better and work nonstop 168 a week?

Easy, turbo/v/irgin. He hasn't dicked red girl yet. That's it.

[pictures of fish ignoring a big hook]

At the end of the day, it's just new backend technology. No one proclaimed Maria or MongoDB as revolutionary or world-changing.

there will be new different jobs

Blockchain as technology is here since 2008. No single large company has ever developed serious product on top of it or even mentioned any interest. I am talking about large tech companies like Google, Cisco, AWS etc. Just memecoins.

it has value because people need to buy it to trade it for shit ton of drugs, just like prisoners use cigarettes and they have value for them, so does BTC on deepweb/criminals

nope, you haven't worked a single day in finance if you think this will ever happen

>Bitcoin is gonna replace our whole financial system right?
Blockchain technology has been around for a little over ten years, and yet its only tangible application so far has been inflatable cryptocurrencies....

Blockchains bring about as much value to the financial system as derivates did in the 2000s. They are both jewish tricks for reaping high risk profit.

>Blockchain doesn't mean cryptocurrency, brainlet.
See

It will only keep to have value if you can exchange it for something. Right now, bitcoin isn't that regulated, meaning that druglords can sell drugs for bitcoins and then actually cash it in.

actually bitcoin isnt used so much as XMR is nowadays due to ring sig, ring CT and one time addresses. cops are larping as buyers of BTC on localbitcoin and if u sell more than $5k u get raided. Also all bitcoin transactions are tracked for tainted coins and you get locked on exchanges until you provide valid proof of source of BTC (read: jailed if they come from a mixer)

>You do realize Bitcoin is gonna replace our whole financial system right
I wish it had done that but it's never gonna happen. it was a failed experiment.

Irrelevant to the quoted post.

This. It's literally just a variant of torrent. Nothing groundbreaking at all.

>Blockchain is more revolutionary than machine learning and AI
Blockchain is just a vehicle. You can load things on top of it, including ML and AI.

Bitcoin, though, is a failed experiment with blockchain, if for nothing more than the power consumption required to run the blockchain currently. Bitcoin just could not scale to the required levels and it is clear the creator never thought the value would increase to what it did. Part of the whitepaper was around the fact that it would be resilient to attack because you would require more than 50% of the entire computation in the network to attack the blockchain, making it more cost effective to just mine instead. But currently we have a very few big players who make up the vast majority of the computation.
So through the profitability of mining it they built up the vast computational requirement such that a few of them acting together could breach that 50% level to attack the blockchain.
It was also predicted that prices would self stabilize as mining coins got harder and the majority of profits would come through transaction fees but that hasn't happened at all.

Basically by being too free of regulations everyone jumped in trying to make money (that's money, not crypto) and pretty much ruined it as a currency.
There's some hope for other cryptocurrencies, but there are some massive problems that need to be addressed before they can be taken seriously as an actual currency.

Make the next big thing: machine learning blockchain. Silicon Valley will eat that up.

What about now?

Attached: 1513715218664.jpg (1920x1080, 228K)

owo

blockchain is hard to compare to machine learning, maybe there should be something more like an IETF RFC for blockain technologies. It's a method for creating a distributed ledger for transaction communication and managing distributed compute, but machine learning has more value. Google's Deep Mind beat the Stockfish chess computer after learning chess 4 hours before the match.

Attached: 32.jpg (1280x1024, 763K)

Deep learning as it currently stands is a fucking disgrace and a PR escapade. Everyone thinks they are getting sexy smart AI, when in reality its just a very complex digital signal processing solution that is tuned for a specific set of biases. There is no actual decision making occurring within the network. You have to have an iterative loop that simulates internal cognitive functions within the network to build inferences, and in the context of this, training the system is basically like training a new human toddler.

A real AI will look a lot like a game engine, with a fixed rate of processing that attempts to achieve a certain level of information output quality, in this case a decision instead of a video frame or audio (but those could also be incorporated).

I saw an interesting video about how machine learning can be used to take a really noisy dataset and render a 3d space using ray tracing in real time.

youtube.com/watch?v=HSmm_vEVs10

Next thing you know all the big players are into it and everyone with their toe in the 3d graphics and rendering is implementing it.

youtube.com/watch?v=tjf-1BxpR9c

So yeah...machine learning, ray-tracing, videogames.

Blockchain might be used for some neopets currency.

perfect.

How? What employer would ever pay a human when theyre slower and more expensive?

>muh pedophile money will replace real money! I swear! t.pedophile
keep dreaming

based

Machine learning has nothing to do with that. Machine learning is about compiling data to make create a heuristic that makes well informed decisions.

You know how humans try to determine when would be a good time to turn onto a road based on instinct? Machine learning uses statistical data to pick the best time

>Who would hire jamal when a t1000 will do it faster cheaper better and work nonstop 168 a week?

more importantly, who cares about jamal?
this attitude that we have to keep the economy dumb for a slowly becoming obsolete "normal intelligence" populous is ridiculous.

I'd hit it
Especially if it has a penis

It doesn't. It had though, not anymore...

Look at his eyes. I think the point is she has a really peach-like jiggly ass.

What about IBM?

This is a conflict that exists in your mind, OP. In reality, blockchain and ML developers working on serious projects come from similar demographics: early adopters who didn't sleep through their math requirements. The major difference is that there are a lot more non-serious projects in blockchain dev.