Is Sup Forums the most expensive hobby there is?

is Sup Forums the most expensive hobby there is?
>$800 smartphones every year
>$800 graphics cards if you even buy one
>$400 CPU's every year

Okay maybe not as expensive as /o/ with their engine swaps and turbos and such, but still!

Attached: 547846123C6.png (1127x685, 37K)

/o/ is a very cheap hobby.
Bus passes are reasonably priced and shitposting is free.

so if thats the case then everyone on Sup Forums is shitposting at the school library

>every year
let me stop you there

depends if you're a hardware faggot
I'm still running hardware from 2010 and it runs fine
if I play any video gays they just can't be from after 2015 and who really plays game made after then?

>upgrading yearly

why?

not even close. there's /p/. they have some cameras that cost fucking 8 thousand dollars to take pictures of strangers on the street and post it to the internet.

>every year
retard confirmed

I'm 38, have plenty of disposable income, know a lot of adults with plenty of money and an interest in tech, and the *most* anyone gets to this is apple fanboys getting the latest iphone as soon as it comes out. Other than that, everyone I know will get new phones every 2-3 years and computers are basically use it until it dies. Even the gaymers don't upgrade that regularly.

So far you missed Sup Forums completely. We pick the best cell phones that are usually not matched until 3-4 years later. Graphics cards are /vg/, We have them, but just purchase wisely. CPUs? My Pi Zero was $3.74 at Fry's last week. Fun note: Posting this from a Core2Duo system running linux but have 1 i7, 6 i5 and a few core2quads running around here.

the le everyone is just like me me-me

Sup Forums is cheap unless you're a grade A retard.

>expensive
not when you have free as in freedom software and a nice cheap thinkpad to get you though the nights

Attached: 1504177545474.jpg (1750x1991, 534K)

>every year

Attached: 1364110272214.png (250x238, 92K)

What kind of idiot rebuys the same shit every year? You need to turn off the TV and install an adblocker or something because you seem very susceptible to commercial propaganda.

>is Sup Forums the most expensive hobby there is?
No, not even close.

Lets try equestrian activities, like dressage, jumping, racing...

I mean, my saddle alone was $3500 and it's just a ranch saddle...

>/o/ "post your car" threads
>$2000 or less shit boxes and shitstangs

>my saddle alone was $3500
how

Old ten/twelve speed is cheaper

Attached: 1zwm0jq.jpg (1024x768, 112K)

>how
Hand tooled leather, stitching, flexible tree, etc...

It pales in comparison to photography.

>mid-range camera $4-5K
>lenses $1-2K a pop
>literal flash minimum $300
>decent tripod $800

Don't get me started on professional grade lenses, which can be upward of $10K

>buying things is a hobby
>buying a new phone every year
>buying a new cpu every year
>buying a new gpu every year
You should just stop. Materialism isn't a hobby, it's a character flaw

Attached: 1505655626066.jpg (187x269, 6K)

I paid $179 for my 4.8ghz i5 2500k in 2011

Maybe you're doing it very very wrong

I'm still using a 5 year old phone. It works just fine except the battery has gone to shit. My next phone will probably be a moto g 5 so I can replace the battery and keep it even longer.

excuse me?
> pc i built 4 years ago for 600€ doing just fine
> redmi note 4 140€

although Sup Forums did make me have 4 mechanical keyboards, loads of chink shit and a thinkpad.

I would say fashion fags.. 4k jackets and shit

But what you described isn't Sup Forums. It's

Oh god, lil bro is into photography AND firearms. I give him like multiple thousands U.S. dollars a year in gear. He couldn't afford neither if I didn't.

Well said Sup Forumsentleman.

Attached: Fukken-saved.jpg (240x225, 19K)

/o/, /fa/, /ck/, /biz/ all are more expensive hobbies, especially per year costs.

t

>buy new phone every two years or so
>build new top of the line PC every 3~ years or slightly after depending on when new models come out

really not that expensive, it's all just about deciding what you want to allocate your funds to

This.
AAA titles are fucking garbage nowadays.
I do occasionally play games when I feel like it, but it's almost always retro/indie stuff.

Sup Forums collecting is pretty damn expensive. One doesn't need to spend too much on Sup Forums tech, and a lot of us are into software related things anyway.

>every year
ok kid

Haute fashion is far more expensive.
As are automobiles
As is going out drinking and taking drugs every weekend.

Sup Forums is relatively cheap

>Every year
Anyways, hell no look at /k/ or /o/

no.
most of Sup Forums is running a 10 year old thinkpad and doesn't have a personal wiretap/tracker in their pants all day.

Sup Forums is one of the cheapest hobbies that exists.

try doing the full 3D animation pipeline as a hobby. this requires alot more that just the camera equipment.

and yes, you do need the camera equipment for that.

>every year

Attached: Untitled.png (776x559, 45K)

That was a close one Sup Forumsents

We were almost bullied today.

/k/, /o/ and /p/ are more expensive than Sup Forums

>road bike
go jack off in your lycra, faggot

There's something like an entire 3 people on /o/ not counting that one richfag whom actually drive fast cars that arent cheaped out clapped out rusted pieces of shit.

And no cobalts arent fast, and no a 1965 V8 swapped into a civic isnt good.

not even close go to /diy/ if you want to see expensive hobbies

What the hell are you talking about? Sup Forums is the cheapest hobby there is next to Sup Forums. Only literal poorfags consider it a hobby

>(every year meme)
I dont get this either. The trick is to pay a fuckload up front for high-quality gear and let it carry you for 3-5 years. I'm currently on a 980ti and 1800x, so I could feasibly upgrade the CPU/GPU independently of a full rebuild, but there is no fucking point. I already get 250-300 FPS @ 1440P in all the games i care about. I probably wont upgrade until gen 3 threadripper desu.

/o/ and /k/ would like a word with you

not by a long shot

Attached: WIN_20170902_15_22_13_Pro.jpg (1920x1080, 291K)

oh?

Attached: IMG_20170828_121423.jpg (2560x1920, 2.13M)

>every year
Retard.

Buttblasted /o/ nigger detected

True, /k/ is the worst, possibly second only to /p/ folks that don't settle for above average equipment

I buy $50 chink phones every 6 months or so

Look at those fucking cumstains
I bet you were jerking it to man ass you fucking faggot

Doesn't cost anything to learn/develop FOSS software.

It can be if you're fucking retarded. Technology only significantly improves every 4 years or so. The newest Note 9 isn't gonna be twice as goof as the Note 8 for example.

this.

I can get an RB25DET for $800 with transmission in the united states and put it into a Z or something and have more fun than some nvidia gpu

This, I mean if you were to get the most expensive consumer graphics card on the market today that's only like $3,000 for a Titan V. I spent more than double that on Carbon Ceramic brakes alone on my Giulia Quadrifoglio. You could easily spend 4 or 5 grand on a SLP leather or suede jacket. There's a reason why so many kids and teenagers are attracted to Sup Forums related hobbies.

not really I just bought a $14.000 setup to make a small cup of coffee in the morning