2018 - Year of the Linux Desktop

> gs.statcounter.com/os-market-share
Are you hyped yet?

Attached: linuxdesktop.jpg (201x123, 8K)

Other urls found in this thread:

netmarketshare.com/operating-system-market-share.asp
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supercomputer
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>she doesn't realize that every IoT device is running a linux variant

Only android, and nowhere near desktop

>Android 40.11%
>Windows 36.69%
Its already ogre

What does IoT have to do with desktop?

>2018
>year of the SystemD(tm) desktop

desktops are the past, grandpas. embrace the mobile. there are even IDEs for smartphones already.

Attached: StatCounter-comparison-ww-monthly-201702-201802.png (1280x720, 95K)

I bet that data comes from certain sites that check your OS while you visit. That leaves out every embedded device, people who avoid those sites, people who spoof their data and people who use script blockers. There's no reliable way to measure Linux users, that's why the number is so small. Even Steam is focusing on Linux but while people might have Steam installed and use Linux, they might not have both on the same device. That means there are hidden Linux users who use Steam in Windows, but might use it in Linux in the future.

you can even connect a full-size bluetooth keyboard to your android

Fucking every thread about desktop share some freetard brings up mobile and IoT. Mobile and IoT are not desktop.

sadly, this. microsoft might go down and the year of the linux desktop really arrive but it won't matter anyway because only a fraction of people will use desktops at that time

The government wouldn't let GM fail. They won't let Microsoft fail.

I bet those are used as servers also but admin are too dumb for server distro of linux
Real number maybe is near 0.005

These numbers are as accurate as 2016 exit polls

>Mobile and IoT are not desktop.
What is your definition of a desktop operating system for a home user? Not a definition that you quickly search from Wikipedia, I mean how would (You) define it? Tablets have taken a giant share of home users' everyday computing, making regular PCs less popular all the time. Of course PCs are more common at workplaces because they are more suitable for hours of work. Also people rarely can even decide their operating system at work. Home users can choose their systems freely.

2018 - year of the Gentoo desktop

>whats a computer? hurrr
Nice deflection.

I'm not fishing for empty (You)'s here, give me a full direct answer or go drink bleach.

>market share of the tech illiterates who can't install a fucking adblocker and still use web with linux or have linux useragent

Attached: LCqDWmV.jpg (1910x1200, 368K)

I'm just saying that mobile and iot devices are not "Linux on the desktop", and you trying to turn it back and go all Socrates on the poster is not an argument.

Of course your sperm in the trash isn't a human, but it has the potential.

>I'm just saying that mobile and iot devices are not "Linux on the desktop"
I asked for a definition of a desktop operating system for a home user. This is not it.

this is how delusional linux shills are

Great argument, fag

Why do you use a biased source?
netmarketshare.com/operating-system-market-share.asp

Attached: E98CDE71-C6A7-4BED-B25A-ECF8E06DF305.jpg (1125x771, 150K)

im just calling out your retarded questions, not trying to prove anything

You can have desktop environment with chroot or samsung dex on basically every android phone. Also for normalfags there isn't much different.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supercomputer
>As of November 2017, all of the world's fastest 500 supercomputers run Linux-based operating systems.
Is it true?

yeah sure fault the government for your shitty timesink os not being popular thatll sure work

>Mac OS
>8.41%
what

>Unknown 2.46%

I'm scared...

Save it on your personal blog, fag. Your posts have no value.

phone | computer

fuck me you're not smart or deep.
You're actually fucking retarded.
If you can't see the distinction without someone giving you a full fledged definition then you ARE retarded.

>graph shows consistent data trends representing mobile and desktop use indicating no major gains or losses on either side
>desktop use holding steady

>hurr desktop is kill

statfags are the worse, they can't even interpret what they're posting

Phone hasn't been just a phone for decades, but I didn't say anything about phones. I said mobile, which includes tablets. The reason you are not giving the definition is because your tiny brain is incapable of doing that. Now go back and read it again. You're not making yourself look any smarter by throwing around meme words like "retarded" every time you choke.

Why posting the mobile+desktop combined market share then? This is the desktop onlymarket share, linux+chrome os is over 2 percent.

Attached: 2018-03-24-132726_1920x1080_scrot.png (1267x164, 125K)