Dumb phone general

Your anti-botnet.

Attached: serveimage.jpg (2400x1350, 490K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_phone_tracking
zen.yandex.ru/media/twower/spisok-telefonov-razreshennyh-v-armii-5a97a755dcaf8e11947f7565
twitter.com/AnonBabble

My phone is already dumb because its operated by a retard

If it looks like a dumbphone doesn't mean it doesn't spy on your like a smartphone. The phone in the image looks newfangled enough that it might contain a secret camera to spy on you!

Why not just make your own phone? It's extremely easy, even if you do it with baby shit like an Arduino.

>Reminder: Write your mums obituary

Nokia 150 DualSim for 29€ masterrace here

You can still be tracked and the microhpone can still be accessed remotely.

If you are this paranoid you gotta go all the way.

What's Sup Forums's thoughts on the Nokia 105. For £15 it seems like a bargain.

Attached: n105.jpg (285x285, 15K)

Daily reminder that your country can know your location even if you use a "dumb phone" with triangulation: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_phone_tracking
Just don't use your phone or turn it off.
Another solution would be to create a system that use your landline telephone from distance but you will need another way to communicate with your phone in your house.
TLDR: we need a new open-source freetard decentralized internet system to escape the botnet

Is there anything like the Punkt MP01 that is cheaper and available in Australia? I love the idea of a simple, clean looking 'dumb phone' with a huge battery life to avoid distractions.

Dumb phones can only give away your location, whereas smartphones leak a lot more information. They're still the better option.

location is really important, this is one of the most sensitive info (at least you can hide your camera).

better, yes. not completely fool proof though. but then again... what is?

Looking for something slim(ish) with nice square corners.

Anything good going?

Attached: she needs an ass bra.webm (640x800, 1.58M)

It's like the least important thing. I don't give a fuck who knows where I am.

True but your location is already given away the minute you step out of your home and into a public place. Even if the state surveillance is minimal, the numerous private cctv footage can be subpoenaed against you.

The state will first want to know who you are and what you're doing before deciding it's worthwhile to track your location. If they can't see through your 7 proxies, your location doesn't even matter.

> fake ass
> holes in underwear
> goes outside only to stare at palm trees

0/10

>there are people right ITT who are too retarded enough that they cant turn off mobile data instead they get a shit phone
millennial are so far the dumbest generation in human history. they just jump le dumb phone bandwagon

Attached: 1481790478230.jpg (638x547, 23K)

>230$ for the dumbphone
Why the fuck?

Turns out it's easy to get money out of tinfoil-hatters and hipsters with little self-control.

>he actually thinks that does anything to get rid of the botnet

BBBRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPP

Attached: samsung sgh-x480c.jpg (480x360, 16K)

had the nokia 100, really liked it

Nokia 150

I have had the 108 for about 3 years and recently got it unlocked so I can use my SIM (it was locked to Tesco, who even uses tesco lmao) It's really decent and still going.
I actually bought one for my dad a few months earlier and it's still going strong as his daily driver. All for £12

only dumb people use dumb phones over touchscreen devices in this day and age

Here's the list of phones approved by the Ministry of Defense of Russia:
zen.yandex.ru/media/twower/spisok-telefonov-razreshennyh-v-armii-5a97a755dcaf8e11947f7565
The others are considered botnet and are banned in the Army for example(since March 1th). This one is supposed to be an ACTUAL anti-botnet phone with some anti-spy measures built-in.

Attached: 03d8290e41cf4e5ea029c23a8758b37c.jpg (398x600, 14K)

>reminder: Write your mums obituary

Well that's just unpleasant, OP.

*1st

>location is really important

No it fucking isn't. In order to find out where you live, the attacker must be nearby to track your cell phone. The government has you anyway. It's a LOT more about the data that leaves your phone.

That's an anti-NATO-botnet phone.

Attached: 1493364050231.jpg (450x450, 69K)

you must get a lot of pussy

Would installing a custom rom possibly help with the anti botnet or are they botnet on a hardware level?

Attached: 1492493312663.png (480x466, 139K)

>preferring NATO over russian botnet
NATO is literally a corporation at this point.

Kind of bothers me that there aren't any carriers that offer only calls and texts. Everyone tries to shove data down your throat even for a dumbphone that will never use it, and then crank up the price accordingly.
Fucking Jews.

t.virgin

I'm using t-mobile and have that option, the cheapest plan that's not pay per use. It's $5 extra per month to enable data. Although they route any pictures texted to you as data so you might need to enable it for that. I don't know what other carriers offer plans without data but maybe most carriers pay per use plans would work.

Wireless technology in general is a botnet

What's a good dumbphones for technology inept parents? Their shitty 6 year old flips phones are almost dead.

Nokia? Is there some intermediate touch screen dumb phone that I can have my parents train on to eventually get a smart phone?

Nice (no, it's not nice actually) to meet you, virgin.

>This one is supposed to be an ACTUAL anti-botnet phone with some anti-spy measures built-in.
That means it's actually a super botnet.

Reminder that the only reason to use a dumbphone over a smartphone for security reasons is if you have no need for the extra functionality that smartphones offer (in which case securing one is a waste of your time) or you need something disposable and therefore cheap. If you aren't retarded you can make a smartphone just as secure as a dumb phone with no extra hassle when you use it by simply doing a clean AOSP install (or a major custom ROM like LineageOS) and not installing software that spies on you, along with using a VPN if you wish to use mobile data (since cell service providers have gone to the extent of letting approved companies look up your IP address and get your real name/address if you connect over mobile data and have been caught tampering with connections over mobile data in other ways).

>whereas smartphones leak a lot more information.
No they don't you mongoloid. Smartphones "leak" the same amount of data about you as a dumb phone if you actually take basic measures to secure them. Do you also think that all newer computers are at risk because you're stupid enough to run Windows 10?

I don't think you people understand what's possible with location data. It's not something that is only available after a group puts in a request for it. See pic related, metadata about your connection to cell towers is recorded and was being kept for at least a year back in 2010. Police can get a warrant for it and cell service providers even

There are if you actually look. I only keep a cell phone for emergencies and my plan only includes talk and text with a limited number of texts/minutes.

Attached: data retention by major cell service providers.jpg (1275x1662, 189K)

Any more news on 4G dumb phones for when companies in the US kill off 2G/3G support in late 2019/2020?

Why do you care?
Unless you're a terrorist or drug dealer?

Anyone have the first one?

Attached: light_phone_2.gif (800x568, 49K)

Attached: nanophone.jpg (1280x853, 193K)

can you use it as a bluetooth headset for your smartphone?

thinkpad imitator
GTFO

The same comfyness without all the thiccness ;^)

Attached: x505-compressed.jpg (1280x853, 202K)

whats the model?

I don't think so. It connects to bluetooth speakers/headsets though

Why aren't there any modern feature phones with J2ME support?!

Fake and gay

I fell for this meme
is it a botnet?

Attached: 1-Nokia-3310-Front.jpg (700x720, 267K)

>filename

What model is that?

read the fucking filename you mouthbreathing mongloid

What's a good cheap dumb phone with long battery. Need to drop my smartphone addiction

lmao subtle

the NSA has been spying on phones since before smartphones were a thing dumbass. Now the "only" info they can get on you is location, microphone, calls and messages, well done

This is what happens when you don't forward chain letters.

Why even bother with swimwear at that point.

If you're in the UK:
IMO Dash. It's a dumbphone with 3G
Mobiwire Pictor. A really cheap dumbphone with Edge network access and the opera browser.

Presumably at least covers up her slit.

do the Nokia dumbphones have podcast apps? I'd hate having to download the mp3s each time

*meaning podcast apps that can stream obviously

how is it anti bot net?

>using a proprietary phone that removes your control over it more than a smartphone.

yea

>he thinks slapping some unaudited pajeet ROM on his phone will save him from botnet telecoms
jej

thinking about just getting a landline and an answering machine
fuck it, if anyone needs a faster response, email will be fine

Why not just get an already available second hand dumbphone? Pic related what I use. Has a 1320mah~ battery, for a dumphone this makes it last easily more than 1 week of non ideal conditions (say no signal, which makes phones use more battery) use.

Attached: 12_08_58_nokia-x1-00-review.jpg (520x471, 41K)

I use a flip phone. I like the simplicity and low cost, and it serves my needs. I have an Android phone that I sometimes use as a wifi device.

aren't a lot of countries turning off 2g and 3g soonish? Actually read somewhere 2g will last longer than 3g in some places

How safe will dumbphones be in the near future considering newer 4G models (which will also be necessary in the near future) are coming with software for Google Assistant and Facebook preinstalled? How can I be sure that software that has a history of spying on people and comes preinstalled isn't spying on me?

There will always be startups for the privacy-oriented, though perhaps at a premium.

>he thinks that will work.

Unfortunately in the US. Thanks anyways!

Attached: Refurbished-Original-NOKIA-1100-Mobile-Phone-Cheap-Phone-Old-Cellphones-Can-t-Use-in-North-America.j (640x640, 120K)

Qwerty options
I still text a lot and would appreciate something that doesn't have me fumbling with T9

This. I could live with a dumb phone if texting wasn't so tedious on them.

Are you serious?

I do, wanted to use it as my main phone, but most services (banks, accounts, businesses) require text verification of some form, and the battery was ironically so weak that a single long call would wipe it, only held a few day charge at that.

I've already bought in for the next version, considering I get a lot of one-on-one support and commentary from them previously, I have confidence in them delivering what looks to be my perfect phone.

As someone who has also tried a myriad of dumbphones (in USA's rail-thin and disappearing freq ratings), I've stuck to older Nokia models, but Alcatel and Blu make a few solid models as well.

t. hipster trash.

Attached: 1520211567947.jpg (800x600, 193K)

>he think limiting his own control on his device with some chink closed source shit will stop le botnet

just wondering who uses regular phones and for what purpose? like who do you call? for what reason? seems retarded

Fpbp

Is the point of these to completely stop all tracking (impossible), or to just abstain from mobile applications that gather user data?

I have an old nokia gsm phone that is sim locked to cingular. I tried an unlock code and did not work. Has anyone had any luck getting at&t to provide an unlock code? The form implies you have to be a current customer.

Attached: nokia 1280.jpg (1166x1166, 82K)

Give it back, Tyrone

>3dpd

>t. hipster trash
appreciate the honesty user, just this one time you're not a complete faggot

Are there any dumbphones that I would be able to write my own software for? Like are there Homebrew methods for old (or new) Nokia's?

Attached: 1496028351477.jpg (250x250, 10K)

This.

This is relevant to my interests.

Does anyone know if the Nokia 100/105/150 do the "An SMS will be sent for every new SIM inserted, and you will be charged for it"?

Samsung does and it completely defeats the point of the phone.

I have a Nokia 515 and its a great purchase, specifically because it supports 3G which is the minimum my carrier offers (no 2G).
I wish Nokia brought out a 4G model of dumbphone that isn't the 3310 (looks bad visually) or the 8110 (again looks bad), the 515 is the perfect shape and design and Nokia should make an update of it.

All cell phones are botnets
All cell phones connect to nearby towers, therefore tracking you. The only non botnet way to talk is to have a landline, or better, use a pay phone

I want a "dumb phone" aesthetic but I still want to use Signal to talk to people, is this possible?

Nokia XpressMusic 5730

No