Cost of printer ink

Printer ink is unreasonably expensive, and printers in general don't innovate nearly enough between generations to justify the ever changing standards and forced obsolete.

youtube.com/watch?v=AHX6tHdQGiQ

I lost my shit when I realized that there are states in the USA and countries in the world where its illegal to manually change the ink in the cartridge, and I was 9001% mad when I realized that the cartridge chip and the printer driver software will prevent you from printing if the ink levels go from a lower point to a higher point, that is if you recharge them.

How is any of this shit acceptable? Revolution when?

Attached: 1521898146192[1].jpg (1500x1916, 654K)

>artificial liquid costs more to produce than natural liquid produced by 7 billion people each making 41mL a day.

Why hasn't someone modified LinuxCNC to do standard ink jet printing?

Just get a laser printer, problem solved.

Just use crude oil, problem solved.

The production costs for printer ink is like 30-40 cents per cartridge.

This. The chat don't lie.

>100+ times markup on a piece of tech that hasn't evolved whatsoever in a few decades

Attached: 918[1].jpg (600x590, 32K)

Inkjets are shit and anyone who falls for the scam deserves it for being dumb enough to buy it in the first place.

Get the bootlegs off eBay. I got 3 full XL sets of all the colours for £7. The colours are shittier, but apart from that it's no different from the stuff that costs £10 a cartridge

wrong pic

Attached: 1515605133406.png (5000x5838, 822K)

They are the same thing anyways, just different caricaturists.

What would be a good laser printer to buy? I only need monochrome but I do need WiFi? What works good with Linux, everyone in my house uses it. Is Brother OK? I'm in EU and I would give up to 160e for a printer. Any recommendations?

Bottled water is still the biggest scam, followed closely by human blood.

>pic
>omg we value printer ink more than human LIFE
retarded thinking

Many offices are moving to color printers, so they dump all their monochrome printers.

I recently bought a second hand office laser printer/scanner/copier for 50 euro's.
Even came with two extra cartridges - which alone cost over 300 euro's.

That picture is so fucking confusing. Why did they use a volume container to illustrate price per 1ml? At first glance it look like ink is the cheapest because you get so much.

I feel you pain.

Yeah I know, there are some really great prices. What did you get? Also what printers are Linux friendly? Especially for WiFi because in current setup I need that shit.

>What did you get?

Can't actually remember and it's not here.
It's an HP with a flatbed scanner on top.

>Also what printers are Linux friendly?
Not that one lol.

I had to manually configure everything through CUPS.
Works fine now but CUPS is a fucking nightmare.

what a retarded graph

I just bought a thermal printer off ebay
ink is for soy boys

Never had a problem with Brother printers on linux.

You buying special paper from ebay too?

>Human blood costs that much
That's even more unreasonable desu. Literally everyone makes it all the goddamn time and people are giving the shit away for free.

>Printer ink is unreasonably expensive
"""ORIGINAL""" printer ink is.
If you buy """ORIGINAL""", then you're just a fucking imbecile and that's only YOUR problem.
Now close this fucking thread!

>How is any of this shit acceptable?
Hmmm, it might have to do with the fact that 15-20 years ago, cheapo ink printers were starting at 200€ while now you can get entry model for fucking 10€. 10€ won't even cover distribution cost.

In my country they don't even pay the donor.

People donate for free and then a company called Sanquin sells it to hospitals making astronomical profits.

>How is any of this shit acceptable? Revolution when?
Years ago?

Attached: CISS.jpg (640x640, 84K)

>hasn't evolved
>printers are so precise these days that they can print living cells and circuits.
Come on now.

I mean, I DO agree that it's fucking bullshit that these costs are being pushed on to the average person that doesn't care to print with such high precision.
But don't think for a second printers aren't stupidly advanced now. They are generations ahead of the shit you used decades ago.
They are also more efficient on ink use too.
Even more so if you use those fonts that save more ink. It all adds up.

They are pretty easy to hack though.
Plenty of guides online for pretty much every printer. Many people re-fill with just as good if not sometimes better ink.

what we need is a pastbin or an entry in the installgentoo site with a list of Loonix friendly printers and printers that respect our freedom. maybe info on ways of hacking print cartridges.

Attached: d705648d-599b-4c20-9732-a1661a6c64f1..gif (288x277, 2M)

Oh wow I didn’t realize my home printer had the latest bioengineering technology. I guess I better print myself a second dick to shove up my own ass

THATS NOT WHAT WE’RE TALKING ABOUT RETARD

Ink cartridge printers haven't advanced. Other completely unrelated tech with the word "printer" in the name isn't part of the conversation. If Tesla announced a new car code named Printer, that would be equally related.

Those are a pain to setup on some printers.

The cost of making the advances in PRINTERs was pushed on to the ink cartridges, you monglords.

i like how epson sell ecotank printers for less than 50 GBP in asia yet sell them for 250 to 500+ GBP in europe.

>Printer ink is unreasonably expensive
reminds me of pic related

Attached: download.0.0.jpg (920x613, 54K)

or heck just use human blood

You're giving these companies the money they use to exploit you. It's all par the course really. The gun lobby, big tobacco, the Republican party...

Inkjet printers used to be half-decent before QA/QC went to the shitter sometime in mid 2000s.

The bloody cartridges dry out way too easily at room temperature/moderate humidity.

I really do miss old impact printers. At the least damn things work for years without issue. You don't need high resolution for simple documents and aren't printing out novels.

>implying the Dem party doesn't sell its soul for money
and they are even cheaper.

you pay for the cartridge as well.
you can just get them refilled for like $4

also use toner not ink, fucking idiots. way cheaper.

The cartridge is just plastic. Manufacturers admit that the cartridge, plus the inc in it, costs less than $0.50. They supposedly charge 100 times that amount because of all the research they have to do to improve the cartridge and the ink. Except neither has changed whatsoever in a very long time. We've done more progress in colonizing space and gaining immortality than we have in getting good printing done via inc in cartridges.

In the US you don't get paid for whole blood, but you do get paid for plasma. It's nota. ton of money but it's like an hour twice a week and averages around $300-350 per month. Pretty sweet deal imo.