What is the Sup Forums approved car radio ?

What is the Sup Forums approved car radio ?
Ideally I want to be able to use a sata SSD with flacs on it.

Attached: car-radio-on-a-white-background-vector-illustration-illustration_csp36364827.jpg (272x194, 8K)

>flacs in a car radio

Attached: 1515007970126.png (398x436, 34K)

I don't want to go through the hassle for transcoding my entire library. It's less hassle for me to buy more storage than to transcode to ogg or mp3

get something werks like kenwood, pioneer or sony even better if it had navigation on it.

The ideal for me would be something where I can slide an SSD into the front like one of these things on a PC case

Attached: Dual-Bay-3-5-2-5-Inch-USB-3-0-external-hard-drive-enclosure-SATA-III.jpg (1000x1000, 175K)

It blends really nice in older cars.

Attached: 20161101_075202.jpg (4160x2340, 1.39M)

no it doesn't lmao

why is your steering wheel wearing a casio?

>Premium lossless 120hz audio
>Can't hear shit when stuck in traffic behind an actual Hertz

Its the fedora thing to do.

I just whatever came with the car.

It's a toyota.

I'd have to listen to FM radio then

that's a mazda miata, you uncultured swine

Carbomber detected.

>everything on car round and smooth
>HARD EDGE, SQUARED OFF BUTTONS
no it doesn't

It's a joke with how toyota usually have a shitty digital clock that looks like a casio.

The one that comes with the car.
>integrates well with the multifunction display
>can be controlled from the steering wheel
>blends with other car components
>can be programmed from the diagnosis software

Anything with Android Auto or Apple Carplay

> car is so base model it doesn't have one in the dash

Modern car radios pretty much all suck.
Shitty tiny buttons, useless shitty features like Spotify integration. Barely working Bluetooth that usually takes ages to connect (if it does at all).
And still NO FUCKING GAPLESS PLAYBACK in motherfucking 2018 (the current year).

Which model is that?

Android Auto is a fucking joke. You can only use a few approved apps and you need to connect your phone with a fucking CABLE.
And without the phone it's just a regular dumb car radio, it's not actual proper Android.

Kienzle MCR-1016BT

Basically this. I drive an Peugoet 206 GTi. I have the stock CD radio it came with and I don't have plans to replace it. It integrates really well with the car, both in functionality and design.
I hardwired an AUX port, later I replaced it with an audio Bluetooth adaper. The sound quality probably it's as nice as built-in DAC in high-quality radios, but in a car I wouldn't be able to tell a difference.

>inb4 muh golden ears
You're full of shit.
t. /hpg/fag

Anything with aux and then something that can actually play from your dumbass ssd

If you car is a classic or just old enough that doens't have a radio with usb/SD/jack/BT then just get any from china, there are some with screens and such running android, but they are mostly gimmicks. Unless you can find one where some people have worked on so you can install custom themes or whatever, get the cheaper non screen radio with BT or whatever.

Well what apps do you want to use when driving? Fucking Clover?

Just looked at it but I can't find that exact model anywhere, just the newer one, which doesn't look as good. I guess I will have to get the newer model then.

My point is that it's mostly a gimmick that only a few people with actually use. Before adding features like that they should take care that the basic functions work well, but they don't.

(Besides, you can already control any phone music app with the standard radio controls.)

why not write a transcoding script and leave it running overnight?
but yeah, doing it manually for your entire library would be hellish

Attached: g158RSXGS9-F.jpg (620x378, 18K)

Throw a 256gb micro SD on it. Why SSD?

Gimmick how? It's incredibly useful over a stock infotainment with car manufacturer navigation
And please tell us what basic features it should have that it's missing

>$1500

>2018
>being poor

There's no car radio that has an interface extremely well optimized for search through a library of thousands of albums. No matter how well you have it organized you are still going to have to navigate through loads of folders and subfolders to get to a song and doing it with a few cheap plastic buttons and a rotary encoder is generally a nightmarish experience. It's okay for a USB stick that's only a few gigs with up to 100ish albums or so but much further beyond that it gets really cumbersome.

Phone is better. I use a 64GB Moto G5+ with 128GB microSD for music. Get a car mount, put it somewhere you can reach with relative ease, run aux to radio. All of a sudden your choice of radio becomes a whole lot more flexible.

this

> 32GB limit.

underrated post

The funny thing is that niggers won't jack your car when they see that. Not enough buttons and dials.

bro just get one with an aux jack wtf

>he doesn't have audiophile quality speakers in his rig
It's like you like being retarded.

i wonder if there is something like a mini pc in din1 size

personally, i think this is about as good as it gets.

Attached: g158XAV200-F.jpg (3000x1950, 235K)

Get one with USB/bluetooth support. They go for cheap ~$20-$30.

32GB limit is simply for fat32 format. Change to exFat and you're good.

my BMW plays FLAC from a USB SSD with the factory iDrive.

I just use the default it came with. It supports AUX, bluetooth, and CD. That's good enough for me.

Get an old nexus 7, run a usb hub with a DAC and a card reader with a decent sized sd card, run media player of choice

Worked for me for several years now.

>And please tell us what basic features it should have that it's missing
Gapless playback and good ergonomics (properly sized and placed buttons with a good feedback), for example.
99% of head units sold nowadays simply don't have that.

And then also things like good Bluetooth support or good file format support that includes AAC (cheaper ones don't have that either).

These are all pretty essential features, more than Spotify or a fucking MEGA BASS button or other silly gimmicks.

Attached: cdx-g1100u_2_.jpg (1000x1000, 98K)

casio on the steering wheel

Anything from ///ALPINE

/thread

quads confirm that

I bought a chink Radio from Aliexpress for cheap as fuck and installed it myself. Pretty pleased with it honestly, you don't need more.

>MEGA BASS
kek