Hey Sup Forums. I need a mic mostly for YouTube...

Hey Sup Forums. I need a mic mostly for YouTube. I'll be recording gameplay footage with commentary (either live commentary or commentary after the fact, explaining what happens in a clip) as well as informational videos.

The consensus online seems to be that pic related, the Blue Yeti, is the gold standard for this purpose. Just wanted to get your opinions on this mic, is there anything better/more cost effective out there? I don't know much about mics.

Attached: tn4w4ehaynvsdnx0fa3x.jpg (620x620, 40K)

Just get a blue yeti

I have a Fluoreon bm800 and a cheapo phantom power supply that I got from amazon. Cost me under $50, and it gives great recording quality.

fuck off

Get a radioshack mic or watch the soulbrotha video

I have the AT2020, it's great.

>don't know much about mics
So then get blue yeti or get an Antlion modmic if you want to save money/space. You could get a AT20xx series mic along with a mixer for cleaner and adjustable vocals but its not worth the hassle.

>I need a mic mostly for YouTube. I'll be recording gameplay footage with commentary
no one will watch it

U R MR GAY

seriously don't get a blue yeti they're awful and have incredible background noise. don't know why they're shilled so much

the better way to go is get an XLR input device to USB (dedicated soundcard in a box basically), i'd rec "Scarlett Solo 2nd Gen" but if you can find one cheaper that's fine too
for the actual microphone, i personally use a Shure PG58. it's pretty good and you gotta get pretty close to it - but it clears out most if not all background noise/frequency noise(?).

PG58 is like, 50-60 usd, scarlett solo is around 100 i think, might be cheaper

i personally use a RUBIX22 as well as a scarlett so i can fuck with 3 xlr ins, one 6.5 in, two 6.5 outs, and a midi out/in

to add onto this:
you won't be too popular with a shitty mic that has no clarity unless you've got incredible charisma

How's the Rubix22 compared to the scarlett?

3 Good Voiceover Mics
>Shure SM7
>EV RE20
>Heil PR40

I have one too and can confirm that its great.

i would do this but i already have a dedicated soundcard for my headphones with no XLR. you can't use two seperate soundcards for headphones AND microphone right?

Not OP. How is the AverMedia Multi-Purpose Mic?

> I'll be recording gameplay footage with commentary

Could you just fucking not instead?

neumann u87 and decent preamp
also recommend you to buy rack compressor for vocals instead of software shit

Everyone would rather hear nothing than any of your recordings on these topics.

I have a blue yeti I got cheap. It kinda sucks, quality wise. Get a real mic if you care about that

Just get an sm57 or any other decent dynamic mic and call it a day.
Its because condensers sound like trash in an untreated room.

lmao i just watched his vid the other day

>Blue Yeti runs $120 on Amazon
>Get a real mic if you care about that

Wha- And what kind of price-point constitutes a real mic to you?

It's not about price point, it's about the technology behind it.

Yeti sounds good but is way too sensitive, even on the lowest gain setting. Antlion mod mic is a decent alternative but it needs a decent USB soundcard to work and you also need to High pass the fuck out of it to make it sound reasonable.

I have the yeti. It's good for YouTube, not so much if you say, want to go into voice acting.

mine USB blue yeti one of the worst shit I ever bought

SM57 is a great mic, but for the same price there are better mics for voice. Like Sennheiser E835.

get a snowball
same quality if not better than a yeti for way cheaper
>source: i own both

Blue yeti is fine for commentary, but for anything remotely loud such as yelling or musical instruments, it clips.
You will need to invest in acoustic panels for your recording room, either way.

blue yeti is fucking terrible for anything other than sitting infront of talking into. if you plan on recording voiceover while playing a game you can pretty much disregarded the blue yeti. it picks up a fucking pindrop in your neighbours house, so your keyboard and mouse is gonna be heard constantly.

this