/Noise/

Is there any modern industrial or power electronics that doesn't sound like shit?

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/ourexitbag/tricky-plexus-what-was-pain
clyp.it/nk2khftd
youtube.com/watch?v=uSly37mTHfc
ourexitbag.bandcamp.com
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

This is neither funny nor does it elucidate any point(aside from my point regarding how terrible noise fans are at explaining themselves).

Assuming you've heard next to nothing, I think the last two major wolf eyes records, especially No Answer Lower Floors, are great entry points.

tell me why my noise is shit

soundcloud.com/ourexitbag/tricky-plexus-what-was-pain

not enough variety, too much reverb. still really cool though

I've come to disregard Sup Forums noise "producers" on principle after having to suffer through one too many track of offensively bad Audacity garbage, sorry.

If the problem was as endemic as you're suggesting you'd think you'd be able to identify how exactly I fit into the archetype pretty quickly. It's cool though you're just my excuse to spam.

Thanks, I sort of envisioned that specific song as a colder more traditional take on the genre. I think a lot of the others are more vibrant.

clyp.it/nk2khftd

hurr durr all music in X genre sounds the saaame what the HOT HECK!!!!

Hey man I don't usually listen to this genre, but I really liked what you did.

It doesn't. At least not in any genre that has some depth and expansiveness to it.
Unless you've got something substantial to say you should keep your braindead adolescent snark to yourself, you fuckwit.

i liked that one more. how long have you been making music?

>Thousand year old copypasta
>"All Sup Forums noise producers are shit"

Great fucking start

Thanks. I don't do what I do to be accessible but I can see how it would be, at least the more recent stuff.

Years, I suppose, but It was all sound design for my animation.

youtube.com/watch?v=uSly37mTHfc

I only started making music for music's sake just over a year ago.

Let's talk Jazz, anger-man

wow that's really cool. how old are you? your stuff deserves a lot more attention

It's been reported because you spam it daily, and it's going to be deleted again. Kill yourself. Ever think other people on Sup Forums get upset at shitty daily spam too?

these threads are so shit now, i almost wish they'd totally die
watching all the good posters leave has been depressing

Thanks.
I'm 21.
I think a big problem is my complete lack of connection to other musicians. There isn't a local scene for anything and contacting labels hasn't been very fruitful at least with labels who could provide me anything I couldn't provide myself. I also don't really have any idea who to approach, what I'm doing now isn't really a good fit for most noise labels but it's too harsh for most electronic labels.

Just self release. You'll get more attention once you put out a full release instead of just tracks. Contact some of the artists who have posted in these threads for splits or compilation efforts. Digital only releasing is fine if you can't go physical. Start up a net label or get together with like minded artists from these threads and start one, or just self release on a bandcamp.

I'm down to do a split (being serious)

I've actually completed 3 albums now during previous projects but they've never really felt up to par for me and I've only released the first of them.
ourexitbag.bandcamp.com

This album though is coming together as a much broader realization of what I've been trying to accomplish so I'll probably market it more aggressively when it's finished.

Where can I hear your material?

Nowhere, I don't upload anything and I delete everything I make. Realizing now that's probably not a good idea. But if I did a split I would want to make all new stuff anyways.

>I delete everything I make

This triggers my artistic OCD

I'm really critical of the stuff I make; I just want to get better and better, so naturally I just want to delete the things I make and move on to the next thing.

I archive everything I record until I'm absolutely sure I'm not going to use any part of it anywhere else.

i can start work on track and send it to you when I finish to see what you think. how can I contact you

I'm not Exit guy, I was just responding to your post

oh woops

You can contact my facebook page or my soundcloud if you have any ideas or material.

Deleting it probably isn't a great idea, but I often wish I hadn't released some of the early material I did.

"Noise"

/noise/ has been shit for a while now, ever since it imploded back in early winter.
It's just been a slow death by bleedout since then.

>all the good posters leave

To be fair even at its best /noise/'s count of quality posters rarely went above a handful.

Does anyone has high res photos of the 2-sided poster from the Skin Crime boxset? Thanks.

When did noise dry up? These threads were really active like three months ago

When all the meta-posting and bandcamp/SC hate started getting out of control

honestly seeing this guy exist in anonymity makes me want to never make anything ever

Well although not noise that EP is dope you posted OP. I don't know maybe Prurient and The Rita are a great place to start.

"Music"

Are the voices you singing or did you sample them?

I use all original vocals and instrumentation. I think there's about 3 instances now where I've used other sources all only a few seconds long used sparingly as percussion

That's really cool. Do you mind sharing your process for getting sounds really distorted? I really like for example, the really distorted sounding bass synth that comes in around 4:20 in So-So Sufferers.

I use almost completely hardware and I don't keep patch notes but I think that was just part the lead I filtered out from the recording I used through a spring reverb I was fucking with with some feedback and magnets.

That's sick man thanks, keep up the good work. I'll follow you on SC once I remake my account.