So, when is the year of the linux desktop arriving?

So, when is the year of the linux desktop arriving?

Attached: 20180324132726_1920x1080_scrot.png (1267x164, 125K)

Other urls found in this thread:

searchengineland.com/report-57-percent-traffic-now-smartphones-tablets-281150
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Next year.

and next tear, when is the year of the linux desktop coming?

year*

Next year.
What's so hard to understand?

Linux can't be a desktop OS on itself. It's just a kernel.

GNOME takes us closer with each passing day

The current generation of people will live under Linux. Linux in 20 years.

I'm using a tiling wm on an OS that uses Linux kernel, I was doing so last year too. I think your question is actually "when will /jee/noo+linus(techtips) have the market share for pajeets and peoples nans?"

Linux already has desktops, and in a lot of situations you don't want a fucking desktop on your linux box.

Debate me.

Attached: ygttyd.jpg (1200x1200, 351K)

this

I don't ever want Linux to go mainstream because by necessity going mainstream will cause it to become restrictive and less-free so any brainlet can feel comfortable using it

It's happened in 2013.

yeah, its not coming though. So when I ask you next year, what are you gonna tell me?

Never: There's no linux desktop, just a linux kernel and neither sheckles hungry shill fags at the linux foundation nor microsoft's "donations" will change it.

next. year.

Didnt you say that 2 years ago though? I bet you did. And 3 years ago too.

Pfffft no it doesn't look the real reason Linux isn't at all popular is that most people actually don't know what an OS is and they can't be arsed to learn

Being this retarded

probably never
lignux on the other hand, probably next year

why, though? Havent linux retards been saying this for years now? Im just making fun of something that happens and you are ironically calling me retarded for it.

Do I need to explain the joke to you? Or is this some awful troll

yeah, explain it to me

Linux is next year, every year.

>desktops
kek

get with the years grandpa
searchengineland.com/report-57-percent-traffic-now-smartphones-tablets-281150

yeah thats what im joking about and you keep aaying its gonna be 2019

Why would any Linux user want their OS to be dumbed down as much as android
I mean, even if it does, it probably wont be free, just as android

Attached: 1521828719048.png (1000x669, 950K)

i thought freetards said linux was easy though
something being hard is not something good when its something like an os, believe it or not

Because it's 2018.

No one said its going to be be 2019. We said it's next year. This has to be a troll. No one is this autistic.

GNU+Linux*

no its 2022

Honestly, I hope linux never becomes a normie desktop. Normies ruin everything.

Attached: 1461972891523.jpg (901x1201, 211K)

year of unknown os when?

>desktop
*OS

the world ends in 2012 dec 21 stupid. everyone knows this

Who fucking cares, the community is big enough to support garbage like omgubuntu

It doesn't need to be appealing to complete illiterates

>GNU/Linux has not even 2% marketshare
>normalfag R*dditors, wiminz koderz, and SJW faggot diversity hires at RedHat have already ruined it
Well, it's only a matter of time until Linus kicks the bucket and the actual kernel gets fucked too. At least for now it's just the userland services and apps and the GUIs that are being destroyed. GNU coreutils are also safe. So for the time being I can stick to Alpine Linux and not have to worry about Gnome or systemd cancer. I guess when the Linux kernel goes to shit I'll move to one of the BSDs, or maybe even back to NT in the form of React OS. Who knows, maybe some microkernel OS like MINIX or GNU/Hurd will bear fruit sometime in the future.

Everybody like and share my blogpost.

Attached: 1508549049436.jpg (415x392, 51K)

Say what you want about systemd but it makes creating daemons out of anything stupidly easy

It's easy, except for actual retards like you.

>OSX THAT LOW
LMAO MACFAGS ON SUICIDE WATCH

INB4 >WHATS A COMPUTER
FUCKING PHONESHITTERS

LITERALLY THIS

AND ANDROID(LINUX) HAS SHITFLOODED THE MARKET, IOS IS STILL ONLY LIKE 20%

maybe his keyboard is broken?

its almost 10 times more than linux lmao
And lets not talk about windows...

The ease of use is not worth the one million lines of spaghetti code, the scope creep, the shitty logging, the inefficient handling of memory, the security vulnerabilities, the occasional hardware bricking due to bad defaults, and also dealing with the insane SJW crybaby creator.

I refuse to use Poettering's shitware on my personal computers. I would rather use Windows 10 Home or even FreeDOS for the rest of my life than use systemd on any home PC ever again. I'm already getting gray hairs from using that shit at work. I don't want or need it when there's plenty of free software alternatives that work just fine without it.

God, I wish that little Lennart faggot would get hit by a bus.

Attached: fuck you pottering.png (1280x2084, 619K)

Why do you think these numbers are legit?

I'm livin' it.

Create your own reality, user.

Join us.

The current state of welcoming and intelligent FOSS community.

>Sup Forums posters represent the FOSS community

kek

Hopefully never. Normies ruin everything

Sorry.

Never.

Being this delutional

Attached: 14.jpg (236x284, 18K)

2020 for me, when Win 7 support end

I'm touched. You care about other people taste in OS. Such a... freak.

that is not what the thread is about
I use it too, believing that makes it the year of linux is still retarded for various reasons

>autism.png

Thanks user, here's your (you)

What is that then? It's an excuse for shitposting and trolling without a clear definition, but then again, why should one care if Linux have huge media coverage and even MS use it? There you go.

Usable desktops exist. People can use it or not use it. What was the question?

YOU CAN COUNTERMEME WITH 2 THINGS

YEAR OF THE LINUX SMARTPHONE, IE EVERY YEAR SINCE ANDROID RELEASED

YEAR OF THE LINUX SERVER, AKA TOTAL SERVER/VM MARKETSHARE DOMINANCE

>SHILLING THE SYSTEMD BOTNET
NICE TRY CIANIGGER

SystemD is cool and good.

Did reddit banned you for being a complete idiot. It doesn't mean Sup Forums will accept your childishness. Oh wait!

t. NSA :^)

SYSTEMD SHILL DETECTED

Attached: botnetd.jpg (600x400, 7K)

MICROSOFT SHILL DETECTED

So let me get this straight linux is essentially in perpetual BETA for a desktop OS and will continue to do so until the heat death of the universe?

Attached: 1521830159820.png (760x400, 381K)

The "unknown" is actually Linux but the makers of this statistic got really scared that Linux is at over 4% already

It happened in 2014.

never. the question is when will the systemd desktop arrive?

Attached: 1402522819321.jpg (718x946, 123K)

NEVER EVER

Attached: kzJ4lD2.png (2000x2000, 527K)

never, and that's a good thing. normies ruin everything.

>FreeBSD at 0%

Attached: unknown.png (651x717, 104K)

Who cares? It's good enough for me. That's all that matters.

Why is OS X so low?

>Why would any Linux user want their OS to be dumbed down as much as android
Because pretending something is good just because it's difficult to do is retarded. I doubt something like Arch linux would ever allow itself to be dumbed down, but there's nothing wrong with debian/fedora/SUSE distros getting "dumber", whatever that means.

Last year

No, this is Patrick.

So assuming there are about 2 billion desktops in the world and about 4% (assuming that those unknown ones are linux machines) of them are running linux, it means there are 80 million linux desktops in the world. That is much more than I would've guessed.

>tips fedora

Linux users are much, much more likely to block trackers. Statcounter is a tracking service. Anyone who has uMatrix is automatically blocking the statcounter tracking scripts. So that market share is not accurate. You're looking at somewhere around 3-5.5% of the market share, depending on if you're including ChromeOS as Linux and if you're including half of the "unknown OS" as Linux.

Then just use bsd when it happens

what's a desktop?

If Linux isn't mainstream why does it have large media coverage?

It will never be the year of the linux desktop unless it becomes more normie friendly.

Mint is normie friendly. Linux needs salesman, better driver support and OEM contracts for destroying MS monopoly. That's happened with Android, but i'm not glad, because it's almost as closed as Windows and a pure botnet as well

How much more normie friendly can you go from ubuntu/gnome?

when theres linux for gaymer that work like windows XP

>inb4 use win 7

XP is turd with their shitty file locks and garbage scheduler.

>install ubuntu (or whatever)
>install steam
>play games
What is so hard in this?

Is Android free (as in freedom)?

AOSP is free, but the ARM is shit platform.

what is gnome?

This, unironically. They managed to invade any type of music I like until good artists where forced to stay indie because big record companies only want to push their own shit.
The internet was a great place, until the normie-invasion fucked it right up the ass.
Even some areas of programming have been tainted by 'easy to use libraries' and the 'everyone can write code :)' mentality.
Don't get me wrong, normies won't ever care about obscure distros and given the legal situation, don't think those will ever go. But somehow they'll ruin things, they always find a way.

Attached: 1520150266013.png (540x876, 345K)

normalfags are the real monsters. They're the reason this world is going to hell while they stay ignorantly blissful

Solus and Zorin are already normie friendly.

Android may be more open than windows, but android devices are more closed than desktops. If something goes wrong with them they'll either end up a brick or require a ton of time and luck to fix. On a desktop/laptop you can simply boot from a USB or another HDD and simply reinstall the OS no questions asked.

the needs of the many outweigh the wants of the few
if you disagree with the majority you're literally a subhuman sociopath and need to be put down

that's marxist talk and we all know what happened when commies and nazis were in power

About five years ago.

Jet-powered airplanes and the first man in space?

over 200 million dead

Ahh... Merely the price of progress.