I don't get it

I don't get it

Why does Pitchfork think this is 10/10?

Delete this

Because it has Feel the Pain on it.

because pavement are the greatest indie rock band of all time and this is possibly their best album

Why though

don't be a dweeb and put it on in your headphones when you're alone on a saturday night on Sup Forums. Listen to it during the summer while you're driving around and doing shit

Kek

because songwriting

pavement take a while to grow on you, but when you see the light you'll know what i'm talking about

because its one of those bands that survives in a black hole of hype from critics
its like the more critics like it, the more they like it, like how a black hole compounds on its own gravity s of critics

I haven't hung out with anyone in 5 months and before that it was like a year or something so maybe it's not for me

you don't have to hang out with anyone, honey. just do anything with this music playing and make at least one memory to it even if it's a stupid memory

Does going out for an aimless walk in the middle of the night count?

absolutely

this was the most beautiful post i've ever read on mu, not even being ironic right now. good post.

despite them all being really good, i think wowee zowee is probably their best?

some would say so

i'd say wowee zowee is their best

Wowee Zowee > S&E > CRCR > BTC >>> Terror Twilight

also Slay Tracks is a very very good EP that no one ever talks about

because of that fucking guitar solo on gold soundz that's better than any jangle rem or the byrds did and then

So drunk in the August sun
And you're the kind of girl I like
Because you're empty and I'm empty
And you can never quarantine the past
Did you remember in December
That I won't eat you when I'm gone
And if I go there, I won't stay there
Because I'm sitting here too long
I've been sitting here too long
And I've been wasted
Advocating that
Word for the last word
Last words come up
All you've got to waste

Holy shit

that song is such a happy moment

"out on my skateboard
the night is just hummin"

another fucking perfect line

Terror Twilight is my fav though

Somebody please help me understand the hype behind slanted. It's the one pavement record I can't into. Should I just keep listening to it?

When you're no longer an autistic try hard you'll realize that Pavement is GOAT

Gold Soundz is so intense because it's like Malky had always maintained this aloof distance and then he swoops in with like a Blonde on Blonde lyric on that song where he's so bitter and unvarnishedly desparate. The album would have been too good if it was just Gomd Soundz and Range Life back to back.

How? It's super catchy. Don't let the """""""noise""""""" deter you.

because its fucking fantastic

>tfw pavement is one of my favorite bands
>don't get the lyrics

Am I just stupid?

They're smart and they slack hard. Like the cali stoner version of Sonic Youth. The ways in which they mess up are so deliciously messy. It's infectious fun for me.

weird opinion
it's still a good album tho, not like they ever released a straight up bad record

Gold Soundz is their best song because of that. I wish it was longer

weird. that one and CRCR came the easiest to me. WZ is def their most out-there

And wowee is my favorite too...

Maybe but I dunno, I think some people just relate to words differently. I don't think there's a whole lot to get. A lot of it just has to do with his delivery. If you catch his attitude you can kind of catch what he's talking about. And then you start picking up clever nonsense and it can be a lot of fun.

I don't get it

Why do you care what Pitchfork thinks?

Best song is in a mouth a desert.

Steve is a madman.

Oh yeah for sure. Boards of Canada's Roygbiv has a similar thing for me where it continually builds in a very focused manner and cuts out right when you can't believe you're listening to something that good. I wish it was longer but I also have a sense that it would be spoiled if it was dragged out.

Is Steve jewish?

I don't know what it is but Summer Babe just hits me so hard.

>Every time I sit around I find I'm shot

Took me awhile to hear it as 'your my summer, babe' vs 'your my summer babe'

And the solos get me everytime.

>silver jews

nah scaruffi gave WZ a 5/10

my man

now im gonna hear that everytime too ow

>because of that fucking guitar solo on gold soundz that's better than any jangle rem or the byrds did and then
I love that song as much as the next guy, but let's not get ahead of ourselves. Brilliant song though.

Berman--who had a (secular) Jewish father--came up with that name.