Tim Cook LITERALLY acknowledges iPhones are for poorfags

>Tim Cook LITERALLY acknowledges iPhones are for poorfags
LMAO

Attached: 1518617280517.png (830x971, 769K)

>by cook's logic why not $2k
what is this fucking shit tier fallacy-ridden "argument" ?

Still less than $4 a day goyim. Buy our poorfag fruit phone. :^)

Poorfags who will be forever poorfags because they don't know how a basic budget works.

Or that you can make your own coffee that hasn't sat for half an hour for like 5 fucking cents

I have no interest in defending apple. Who and what they are is blatantly obvious at this point. My question is why there is so much incessant bitching about them. Everyone knows who and what they are, and if someone is willing to pay for them, power to them. If not, good for them, too.

You don't see this kind of hate over anyone else, so why do so many people let a company impact them in such a way that they are willing to give up their very finite time on this earth bitching about them? It's fucking Sup Forums-tier.

>billionare ceo urges the poor to rationalize fiancing a phone for 56 a month
Jesus chris this is a new low for apple. He really thinks you are a bunch of suckers

Question is why anyone is surprised.
Of course a company wants to encourage as many people as possible to buy their product.

Anyone who understands basic finances knows tim told you to fuck yourself over to buy his product. Its used car salesman teir tactics

This fucking argument is so painfully retarded.

>new $10000000 phone
>don't worry, it's the same as buying a cup of coffee every day!*
>* for 9999 years

For the low low price of 2.50 a day!!!!

Stop buying avocado toast and lattes and maybe you could afford a house and an iphone

>buying iphone yearly
>making good investments
Hmm

still better than buying an android phone

Where are you getting that iPhone is for poor people from?

His quote literally says its for rich people. A standard coffee is around $2.50. A nice coffee is ~$6-9 bucks. On top of that, poor people hardly drink star bucks coffee, let alone coffee.

Trying to convience people they can afford a product by foregoing other products is clearly targeting the poor

>nice coffee
>USA
Your coffee tastes like crap. If you are paying $~6-9 for that shit no wonder apple is targeting you idiots.

He didn't say that. In fact, he's saying its "so cheap" that it costs less money than the daily coffee trips.

Obviously his understanding of "so cheap" is different than poorfag's understanding of "so cheap".

Obviously Apple has always been targeting the starbucks/hipster crowd. That's where the status symbol/fashion sense is. Once you target them, the poorfags from ghettos copies them.

>trying to rationalize 56 a month as cheap by comparing to coffee
Still not seeing how anyone who isnt poor cant see right through this.
>its half what you spend on groceries in a week!
>its the same price as a nice bottle of booze a month
>its the same price as your water bill
>its the samw price as 20 energy drinks a month!
What kind of poor idiot needs to be explained the value of a dollar while financing a fucking phone

Reading from that OP's image, he says "those expensive coffee places." I actually don't know any other coffee places than starbucks. Now that I am more "aware"' about expensives coffee places, I would assume star bucks is actually more of a lower/commoner side of the coffee shops. Actual "expensive coffee places" are probably ~$10-$20?

Makes it more retarded. Ive never even seen a 10 dollar coffee

Starbucks is "Expensive" coffee in the eyes of most people, and most coffee joints offer similar price ranges for expensive stuff

It's ridiculous too because Starbucks is the McDonalds of cafe's yet they charge like they aren't because of their image

There are poor people, poor people who want Apple stuff but cant afford it, rich people who can afford apple stuff.

The complaint is from the middle group, the poor people who want Apple stuff but can't afford it. The rich fags wont complain as they can afford it. So Cook is telling its "cheap" like how coffee is cheap. Cook is confused on why rich people are complaining about the price. He doesn't realize poorfags who want the iPhone status are the ones complaining.

Kopi Luwak Coffee. $60-$100 per drink.

>Poor people hardly drink starbucks coffee

Have you ever been to a university where they offer starbucks? People will complain they can't buy groceries then go buy frappucinos

True poorfags will still buy a $70 android phone and complain about the lag.

A black coffee from starbucks is 2.12 though. Its rather cheap

Rich people know the value of a dollar though, thats why they are rich. His comment was targeting those who dont understand budgeting, aka the poor

Not a lot of people go to starbucks for the actual coffee, though, they go for lattes and frappucinos which regularly reach 5-7 dollars, and this is a thing people do multiple times per week then wonder where their money goes

Well not the poor people, but the poor people who want the Apple status.

Yeah, its sad. Fat and poor because of their 700 calarie coffe drinks

Right. Which is middle class territory. Enough money to live beyond their means to appear rich while doing everything they can do remain poor.

see also : drinkers in canada

canadian college students drink as hard as fuck even though it's stupid fucking expensive

Aren't latte/frappucino just a coffee variant?

I don't feel sad for them, its just a choice they make. If they were smarter, then they'd get rich fast. Look at all the asian immigrant families. Came here dirt poor, worked at shitty convenience stores, saved up all the money, buy house, save all the money and spend it and invest in useful things like college/business.

Everything is exoensive as fuck in canada yet life finds a way. But muh """"free"""" social services

Yeah its a social issue. Chinese people save and invest like crazy. Likely a result on growing up in a world with no safety nets

Lattes are espresso and steamed milk, usually flavored with all kinds of sugar syrups and whipped cream

Frappucinos are espresso, cream, and blended with ice and syrups and whipped cream

a lot of the frappucinos don't even have coffee anymore though, it's literally just syrupy milkshakes and you have to add espresso

> Our client base of gullible idiots has halved, so we'll simply double the price of our product with no discernable improvement in quality
Isn't this ths kind of logic they used in the 90s? Can't wait for them to crash and burn that hard again.

Downtown all of the welfare queens have Iphones wtf...

(spanish and african women with loads of kids funded by the state)
Majorty of them don't even work but have a $600-1000 phone.
(I used to work in assisted housing)

I can't complain though, I've gotten a lot of "free" health care, i know somebody who's life was saved by it, and with student insurance i got two pairs of glasses for like 25$ and regularily get chiro and massages

Now what is espresso? Just a fancy term for water?

espresso is a type of coffee, yes

What's your point?

The Apple hate can be explained. Apple makes stupid decisions all the time which people hate, but they just won't go under. In fact they keep getting more money all the time because the brand is so strong. Other, smaller companies want in on this money so they mimic Apple, making people furious that there's now even less options because of Apple trends. Nobody asked to never be able to replace batteries easily. Nobody asked to have vendor-lock cables. Nobody asked for soldered RAM and soldered SSDs. Nobody asked to have to use iTunes for transferring files instead of folder drag & drop. Nobody begged for Apple to make phones thin enough to only hold a half a day battery. Nobody asked if Apple Pay and Apple Watch would require you to get more Apple products as well. Nobody asked if they could please have a phone that wouldn't have expandable storage because it would be too damn practical. It's not something people asked for, they just tolerate it because the brand is so strong. Apple sets the trend and others follow, even if Apple hasn't been the first one in any new innovation.

I was asking what a latte was. Whether it was coffee or not. The answer I got was Latte is espresso. I then assumed espresso was NOT coffee and just water.

So is espresso and by extension latte coffee? I'm still confused.

>not living in Alberta or Quebec

Just use google you dumb faggot

espresso is prepared in a different way (italian style)
It's way stronger than normal style coffee grounds. (french/brazil)

Its not important enough for me to google search.

Espresso is coffee made from super fine grinded beans and a lot of pressure to make a small cup much stronger than the same amount of coffee

the easiest comparison is like comparing a shot of hard liquor to a beer, it's basically as strong as a cup of coffee in a little shot,, and it forms the basis of a lot of "specialty" coffee drinks because it gives the coffee flavor easily

Latte is adding steamed milk, Cappucino is adding foamed milk, Americano is adding water to taste more like drip

A lot of Starbucks Frappucinos don't even have espresso anymore, which is ridiculous

Attached: espresso-overdose.jpg (720x380, 46K)

The hate exists for good reason. Large corporations who use underhanded business tactics and put profit before people are always disliked, but the hate is always reserved for companies who remain hugely successful despite producing terrible products and being generally terrible across the board. Apple are perhaps the greatest example of this out there.
Apple inspire an almost cult-like devotion in its followers (not hyperbole, there was a scary bbc documentary about this that showed followers were psychologically wired to view Steve Jobs like a messiah, google it). They are a massively wealthy, profitable and influenfial business, despite the provable fact that their products are typically below average in quality, and insanely overpriced.
They fuck up time and time again, make bold claims that are either unfounded or straight up lies, repeatedly gouge their customers, and still act like the future. Their success over the last 15 years or so came down primarily to marketing, and in a nutshell that success is simply not deserved.
Companies like EA also draw this kind of hate for similar reasons, but there's another factor that put Apple over the top - noone defends EA, they are universally acknowledged as awful, but Apple has legions of blind acolytes, fervently protective and seemingly as impervious to facts logic and statistics as your typical far-left nutbag. It's frustrating as all hell, the reason the hate is justified, and why scores of people will continue fighting the good fight against them until they are bankrupt as deserved.

>tfw came to 'murrica at 5
>mom and dad had $200 between them and dad couldn't speak any english
>worked in restaurants for years
>then office jobs
>both are now accountants making 50k+ ea
>put me fully through college
>always bought everything on utility and value
>never buy appleshit because it's just chinktrash with a gay logo
>have a cousin that worked at iSlave factory and realized appleshit is no different than huaweis he made at another factory
>parents finally getting on in years
>they want "status" while they're still young enough to show it off
>splurge and buy lexus and mercedes
>still using their old RAZR flipphones

Attached: 1518523967060.jpg (711x800, 133K)

Don't forget the 'Apple ecosystem'

Attached: pti6ovq625pz.jpg (663x1080, 150K)

Because it's funny

That makes sense. Still, why those names. Seems too "hipsterish".

It comes from italian, because it's an italian way of drinking coffee, and giving them all different names not only makes them "foreign" and seem more expensive, but easily describes the difference once you know what's what

Americano actually comes from US soldiers watering down their espresso to taste like normal coffee, much to the confusion of italians which is a neat history fact

America is truly a land of opportunity. I hope they came legally
If not then you have to go back. Nothing personal

We came with my mom's student Visa and got to stay when Bush Sr. passed some bill that let foreign students stay.

Italian. Europe and the USA and other places use foreign language words and like it. Pasta or spaghetti probably isn't special to you either, right?

lots of people think pasta is special due to the weird names desu

Well shit, I finally looked it up after all these years and apparently that bill was passed because of the Tianamen Massacre and Chinese students fearing returning home. I literally got to stay in 'murrica because the PLA gunned down tens of thousands of students and civilians.

It's still a $1000 phone, you'll still be paying it off by the time it's time to buy another fucking iPhone because they're absolute shit. Stay classy Apple; you greedy, cheap, morally bankrupt pieces of shit.

Good for you and your parents mate! You are the people who will make America great again. Enjoy!

These are great

Tim cook is such a fucking faggot, it just radiates off him

I could lease a car for 56 a month

Apple is a poverty brand.

Attached: 1494462585534.jpg (966x554, 94K)

>all these words without explaining the actual particulars of what Apple's "underhanded business tactics" are

lemme guess, you don't want to spoonfeed us

>it's an iToddler with no argument tries to dismiss fact by feigning ignorance episode
kys

>implying people who buy "nice" coffees at starbucks and the like do it because they can afford it and not because they wanna look hip and fashionable to their peers because they're basically slaves to the way they're being perceived by the people around them

Except $1000 is $56 for 1.5 years, which is less than the device's expected lifespan.

the "cost over time" meme is marketing 101 tho
>$60 a month
>"well i make like $60 a day or so at full time working minimum wage that's not bad at all"
>"$20/week on something i use every day? i mean i already do that on gas so when you put it that way..."

>the absolute state

Attached: 1507004768135.png (830x971, 606K)

>1000k
I'd buy an actual computer or laptop for this money instead of the toy

>6-9$ for coffee
My food for the week is less than that
>inb4 ramenfag
East yuro, cooking with raw shit straigt from fields/slaughterhouse.

>ramenfag
Mom's friend from college literally died from that. Can't live on carbs and salt alone.

>56 a month
well then
butter my ass and sign me up
instead of making me pay $2000 all at once
i'll gladly pay $56 a month for your shit phone

1k is like 1 month's rent in Ohio

No, he is rationalizing it for people with enough dosh who are not sure if this overpriced device is worth their earnings but by saying just dun drink coffee anymore they think ok, I bend over and buy it. However, that doesn't mean that this logic wouldn't appeal to poorfags as well

You could literally state your case in a sentence containing a few commas. Instead, you wrote a wall of text with no real substance. Are you underage by any chance?

or you can stop drinking coffee and drink tap water.

> why not 2000
Fuck me I wish they would, fuck it make it 5000

Let's see the ifags defend that one

what in the everliving fuck is "nice coffee"?

Probably something that contains ~10% coffee.

Coffee at Starbucks tastes like it's burnt. No surprise that everything else on their menu is that plus a pound of sugar and other shit to make it taste better.

>what in the everliving fuck is "nice coffee"?
the modern version of marie antoinette's cake.

Sshhhh goyim, pay up for the holocaust!

>a coffee a day at one of those expensive coffee places
wtf isn't that expensive as fuck by the end of the month?

or that's exactly the point and I got memed?

I'm shocked you can even buy the devices, and you're not just temporarily leasing them from apple like a car. Maybe in a few more years.

that's the point nerd

A good majority of people in my country earn 1000€ per month and prefer to buy a shitty iphone instead of paying for health care insurance. I fucking hate this side of capitalism.

>coffee that hasn't sat for half an hour

Wait.
Those shitty "coffee" lemonades aren't even fresh?

>Coffee at Starbucks tastes like it's burnt.

True, they use a very dark roast.
Probably because they use very cheap beans.

$1000 also, ironically, the price of a decent espresso machine plus grinder.

>implying white girls can hold onto that much cash at once, ever

Attached: meme juice.jpg (531x531, 20K)

most of my friends moved from android to iphone, actually. they can't be bothered to learn anything but iphone's ui though you don't need to learn a whole lot if you only browse facebook or snapchat.

Attached: 1520995520878.jpg (654x643, 40K)

>A nice coffee is ~$6-9 bucks
lmao what, I can get enough coffee ingredients for 50 coffees for that price

The price of the coffee is about 10% of the actual price. 90% of the price is rent, power, salaries, taxes etc.

Attached: appleiphonexcucks.jpg (1172x1650, 1.11M)

>Apple doesn't have any other expenses than material costs

Considering Apple has no R&D except for their fake """"R&D""" they sell to themselves in Ireland to dodge taxes and invents nothing and just copies and rips off technology that other companies make, no, Apple doesn't really have any other expenses than material costs.

previous iphones and current flagship samsungs are in the $150-250 BoM range, if you don't understand that the BoM isn't the only manufacturing cost you probably shouldn't be on a technology board and if you think companies shouldn't profit from their products I have a free helicopter ride to offer you