My computer needs about $300-400 worth of upgrades. Should I just replace the whole thing while I'm at it...

My computer needs about $300-400 worth of upgrades. Should I just replace the whole thing while I'm at it? Any recommendations?

Attached: 1483854453548.jpg (1920x1080, 104K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KAbuZ_LQJCo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

post your current specs and what you wanna upgrade so we can give some advice.

Attached: 1521104756469.jpg (540x438, 25K)

Fuck you with that picture, he was an inspiration to us all.

Yeah dont fall for the amd monkey paw.

I want a graphics card that doesn't crash every couple hours, and a CPU cooler (probably watercooler) that doesn't sound like a jet engine.

Attached: Capture.jpg (460x416, 40K)

yeah OP you might as well build a new system am3 can't compete in current year. also those AMD cpus ran super hot.
What do you use your system for mostly?

gaymen, what else?

well if you dont mind the NSA having access to your pc just build an intel system if its just for gaymes. Regarding the GPU I would just waitâ„¢ for the new nvidia cards they were supposed to announce. Its probably your best bet so you don't have to buy a GPU at 200 dollars above msrp

What are the actual chances that the new gpus won't be absurdly overpriced too? Considering that the current ones are overpriced and that new ones will porbably cost more than those...

I would try to score a secondhand skylake bundle, miners are starting to dump their gpus, so you might be able to pick up an rx480/580 or gtx1060 for a decent price too. If you're patient, you could even set aside some money for a ssd.

Wait for Ryzen 2 on April 19th

Replace your PSU, unless your GPU is broken there's no reason for it to be crashing

and there's nothing you can upgrade to right now anyways, GPUs are double MSRP and low in stock.

I don't see how my PSU could be causing driver crashes and blue screens.

Not him but I'm building a new PC for gayming and I wnna get a second hand graphics card for cheap while waiting for new nvidias... But everything is megaexpensive, so idk what to do ;_;

What does your event Viewer say is happening after the crashes? are you on the latest BIOS and Driver? It's more likely that there's a power delivery issue, try setting the power limit on your card to 50% and see what happens, could be the motherboard or PSU in that case

did you try the GPU in a different system?

Just buy a Ryzen APU system, they're alright for light 1080p gaming.

> Watercooler
Lel, as if that was required in any way. Just directly air cool with a decent enough cooler.

Nothing is actually megaexpensive. It is hard to get much of importance for 1920x1080 gayming after you got to even just US$1-1.3k with your computer.

Can't get much quieter than a water cooler, I should hope.

I don't know where I should be looking. BlueScreenView says it's this error - I've only ever gotten this error since I bought the RX 460. When the next straight-up driver crash happens, where should I look in Event Viewer?

Attached: Capture.jpg (1904x885, 424K)

Wherever it says a fatal error occurred or something like that?

youtube.com/watch?v=KAbuZ_LQJCo

>Can't get much quieter than a water cooler, I should hope.
Well yes, a fully passive heatsink.

And the point is that this is silly, you probably can't hear a low noise fan inside your case anyhow.

>usbxhci
>usbxhci
>usbxhci
i wonder what the problem could possibly be