So I just got some Dr. Dre Beats for my birthday. What should I do with them...

So I just got some Dr. Dre Beats for my birthday. What should I do with them? I've heard they're pretty shitty and I'm thinking of selling them to some black kid on craigslist for $200 but I want to know what you guys think.

>selling them to some black kid on craigslist for $200
really what other option is there

i do actually need a new pair of headphones

normally i'd sell them but my sennheiser's just broke and i'm desperate and i figure beats can't be that bad besides the price

You could get better ones with the $200 you'll get from that black kid, I'd argue you could get more.

OP, listen to me as this is far and away your best option:

1.) Sell your Beats for as much as you can.
2.) Take your money and go to and read their sticky.
3.) Buy a better-quality pair of headphones and pocket the extra $100.

Sell for $200, use $200 for a pair of Sennheisers.

This

Buy a pair of sony mdr v6's

Beats are ass dude. Just sell them and get some decent ones.

You're paying for the brand. I used to have a pair but my $50 Sony's were much better.

Yeah I'm prob gonna sell them and get some Sony's for $100 or so then get some weed or something with the rest of the money.

Sell them for $200 to some black kid and buy a pair of actually good headphones.

thirded.

if you can get 200 do it but beats aren't bad desu

not worth 200 but i got mine for 80 and they're very nice for that price. a little too much emphasis on the bass but they're not nearly as bad as some of you are making them out to be.

>inb4 t. dr dre

Aren't ur rents gonna be mad dat u sold ur bday prez?

They're not even worth $80. 30 dollar Sony's and Panasonic headphones you can get at fucking walmart sound better. Even Skullcandies are better.

>selling a birthday gift

holy shit what the fuck is wrong with you you piece of shit

i just don't tell them
i get enjoyment out of it in the end anyway if i make money off of it so i still appreciate it.

just think about it though, they must have knew you enjoyed music when picking out the headphones
they took the time to think about what would make you happy and then you just go and sell them
pretty shitty

i'll be happier if i sell them than if i kept them so :^)

yeah I guess they didn't take in to account that you're a total bastard so I guess i'd be alright

Why don't you tell them "hey, I don't like these" so they can return them to the store?

why do that if i can make money off of them

that wpuld be even worss than selling them off discreetly

I'd say, if you haven't opened the packaging yet, sell em. Follow advice. If you have opened the packaging, then at that point you have to decide whether keep them because you won't be able to sell them for as much money. The problem with Beats isn't that they're shitty, it's that they're far overpriced (for $40-$60 they'd be acceptable.) A lot of people really like them, maybe you'd be happy with them too.