Favorite black metal albums thread?

Favorite black metal albums thread?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=seE04phpHnI&list=PLWV8d0zKt5hGnX5GBpX-71PJJkbDQsnTo
youtube.com/watch?v=XLNoxUYQm8g
youtube.com/watch?v=4X6ZFm948XQ
youtube.com/watch?v=vkRP2l3HORM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

As soon as I'm done going through Morbid Angel's discography I'm taking my first plunge into Black Metal.
Wish me luck anons.

same
I'm mainly doing it to try out new genres and further from my past plebeian self

If you're going chronologically, a) I'm sorry and b) that's gonna be a fucking trip, depending on where you start with BM.
Which artist are you thinking of ingratiating yourself into the genre with?

At least if he starts early enough, he'll have a reasonably smooth transition into the style. The rougher sorts of first wave BM isn't that far removed from sloppy death metal or crust punk.

Well, starting with the second wave, I mean.
I've already gone through Bathory (fucking great) Venom (One good album, the rest is OK) HellHammer (good) and Sarcofago (Pretty good)

Absolutely, early Hellhammer ( I guess it's all early) and Bathory are what I'd recommend.
My perception is just a bit colored by DSO at the moment.
I've been awake for almost 24 hours and decided to finally listen to Fas for the first time.
There's... a lot to digest, but I like it a lot.

My all time favourite BM album

Xasthur is got me through a major time of depression in my life, mostly because it was nice knowing there is someone much more miserable than me out there

Immortal - at the heart of winter
Dissection - storm of the lights bane
Destroyer 666 - rise of the phoenix

Basically all the black metal I have. If anybody can recommend bm with non lo-fi production and vocals where you can hear the lyrics I would appreciate it.

Eyyyyyy

>and vocals where you can hear the lyrics
>black metal
stop

>Darkspace - III I
or
>Leviathan - 10th Sublevel of Suicide

WE DEM SADBOI

I apparently only like black metal when it is fused with other genres, especially thrash and death. I like Absu a lot but they are closer to thrash than black.

You ought to love Melechesh then.

Listening to Sphynx for the first time right now.
Me gusta.
Thanks user

my nigga

youtube.com/watch?v=seE04phpHnI&list=PLWV8d0zKt5hGnX5GBpX-71PJJkbDQsnTo

Same. I'd often listen to his albums on repeat when I was feeling incredibly low. He manages to create a sound that perfectly went with how I was feeling.

good taste

pic is probably my favorite

whoops

Tremendous album

one of my absolute favorites

One of my favourites

Another terrific BM album.

This followed by Storm of the nights and Filsofem are my top 3

there are simply too many.

Recently picked up the ulver reissue on vinyl

Yeaaah

Skeletonwitch maybe
Also I - Between two worlds if you like ATHOW

the album is definitely fucking nice, but that whole vinyl reissue thing seemed more like a cashgrab to me.

Its never been released on vinyl apart from the original which are crazy hard and expensive to get

they did that vinyl boxset, which was supposed to be 'limited' and 'exclusive'. I mean it's nice to see it on vinyl again but the label's intentions are more than questionable

Do you listen to good black metal too or just this atmospheric garbage?

just the garbage m8. I'll leave the real metal to the real men like you.

The GOAT

Good attitude

>non lo-fi production and vocals where you can hear the lyrics
So you don't want black metal, you want modern garbage that is so far removed from the original meaning of the genre that it's basically its own steaming pile of shit?

did you like that cake?

>atmospheric garbage
There is some pretty good stuff but also a lot of narcissistic idiots who jerk themselves off to their 'so atmospheric and depressing' stuff.
'Real Black Metal' isn't much better in this regard though.

It's not about the people who listen to it, it's about the music itself. Atmosphere is a staple in black metal, but the atmosphere isn't meant to be depressing, enlightening or trandescending as so many shitty "progressive bands" lead you to believe, the goal of black metal was to make the rawest fucking shit and embody misanthropy, intolerance, hatred, grotesque bullshit and darknesswith the raw vocals and tremolo picking or riffs.
So many people misinterpret what makes albums like Transylvanian Hunger the best black metal album ever, so many people, even Emperor, didn't know what made Burzum such a great fucking artist, it's not just the atmosphere.

you seem way too invested into that whole thing m8.
try not giving that much of a fuck

>rawest fucking shit and embody misanthropy, intolerance, hatred, grotesque bullshit and darknesswith the raw vocals and tremolo picking or riffs.

You just described most of the punk I listen to (minus the screechy vocals).

Agreed. Although my favourite modern album is [spoiler]Teethed Glory and Injury[/spoiler]

The version that was on the split with leviathan was the best version of telepathic with the deceased imo

best immortal is best

+ The guys band who got me into black metal and made me stop giving a fuck about things
That's my teen angst speaking but I love werewolf

Aphonos tho

Why don't people talk about the other Emperor and Ihsahn solo albums? They are great as well
Prometheus is really underrated

TORN FROM MY BODY
A SIDE OF ME
YOU NEVER KNEW

no mayhem

no darkthrone

what

>Why don't people talk about the other Emperor and Ihsahn solo albums? They are great as well
They are not black metal, this is a black metal thread.

All Enslaved albums, they are all great

Too many of the classics are favorites of mine, so here's a recent great album I can't stop listening to. It's so fucking great in its entirety.

youtube.com/watch?v=XLNoxUYQm8g

>They are not black metal
What, they still have clear bm influence despite being more prog

damn right its a BM thread!

The early Emperor releases up to In the Nightside Eclipse are black metal, everything afterwards is symphonic music, not black metal.

Emperor is symphonic/progressive black metal dumbass

>progressive black metal is not black metal

Listen to the music before you make dumb statements like that, please.
You will realize that everything after As the Shadows Rise is not black metal.

>Storm of the light's bane
Absolute killer album

Right, it's not.

How about you, you literal nigger.

What mental gymnastics will you pull to say this isn't black metal?

youtube.com/watch?v=4X6ZFm948XQ

Brief reminder that black metal subgenres are apparently not black metal anymore.

>implying this isnt the epitome of bm

Nice, you are right.

At this point they have had too much focus on the symphonic element to be considered black metal, it's not raw, the production is just shit.

>At this point they have had too much focus on the symphonic element to be considered black metal

Are you retarded? The song is comprised of black metal riffing, blastbeats, and shrieked vocals the entire way through, with symphonic elements over top.

2nd wave black metal is focused too much on tremolos and blast beats to be considered black metal.

I'd like to recommend, given what you have already listened to, that you start in the norwegian wave by listening to post-At The Heart Of Winter IMMORTAL (including the mentioned album), as it is really pleasing to the ear and even close to thrash metal.

After that, maybe DARKTHRONE and the first 4 albums of BURZUM (those 4 are particularly good and relevant to the genre), and EMPEROR. The importance of MAYHEM is that they started up the way back in the mids 80's , but I wouldn't blame you if you wanted to skip on them. De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas is definitely a good album, but in my opinion BURZUM and DARKTHRONE have better albums.

Just remember that low-fi is a meme, burzum is shit, DMDS wasn't that good and Emperor was the pinnacle of 2nd wave

nice meme

No memes.
Though Transylvanian Hunger is the pinnacle of the second wave, not Emperor.

dont ever reply to me unless you're contributing to the thread

I'm too bleh to think right now but this, pretty much all kpn's discography, twilight of the idols and gorgoroths 2010ish album, diapsiqours anti

>gorgoroths 2010ish album
Why not good Gorgoroth albums?

underrated

Nokturnal Mortum is one of my favorite bands, but that has to be one of their weakest releases, why this one? It lacks all kinds of intensity

I like it a lot for some reason

1. drawing down the moon
2. transilvanian hunger
3. meaningless leaning mess
4. torgeist - devoted To Satan
5. forest poetry

> Implying rebirth wasn't one of the best post-ghaal songs by them

plus the cd came with my first bm patch which is another reason why it's special to me.

Temnozor or graveland though?

havnt heard much Temnozor but Graveland is the shit

youtube.com/watch?v=vkRP2l3HORM

One of the members is the main guy in M8L8TH if you've heard of them

>M8L8TH
Not a fan, they went too buttrock in recent years

By the Black Wing was the album that I personally loved, so their early stuff, but I didn't mind their newer stuff

Yes really, no bait.

cool

you buncha plebs

EK KALLA RAGNARÖK