Why do software engineers prefer macbooks?

Why do software engineers prefer macbooks?
I always thought they were just for casuals.

Attached: download.jpg (268x188, 11K)

Because corporations don't like their employees using free, gratis software for some reason. Maybe it's for uniformity. MacOS is the closest to free software you can get in the proprietary world. No one would bother writing software in windows lmao.

Because they have the best combination of screen quality and battery life. All projects are built remotely so nothing else matters.

I don't know about professionals but it's one of the best choices for school.
>battery life
>light
>easy to repair & good warranties
>dev friendly

>easy to repair

Are you serious

>easy to repair
This has never been true. Replacing the HDD in an iBook was a pain to do 15 years ago.

terminal is superior

unix shells are pretty comfy to program on. Most devs who are more knowledgeable switch to a unix based system but then the average crowd buys a mac

price and memes aside, you can't really beat a simple macbook for simple tasks such as web browsing, music, and coding, with the added benefit of somewhat better security and laptop lifetime

Nah
i never seen macbooks in a corporate setting
everyone here is using either thinkpad, hp or a dell

user had a stroke and ever since gets PTSD flashbacks on sight of the word 'macbook'. As a coping mechanism, every image and mention of them is unconciously replaced with "thinkpad".

>I always thought they were just for casuals.
They are.

aren't most environments windows? Not talking about servers

>macshit
>any of those things besides light

Attached: 1494986937613.jpg (1800x4500, 1.94M)

>software engineers prefer macbooks?
This sounds a bit odd, I've never ever seen a software engineer use a macbook - ever. I've actually never seen it in a professional setting at all. Perhaps it's specific to my country or something but this doesn't seem to be the case.

>"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""software engineers""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Attached: 1491183689952.png (704x817, 309K)

>battery life
Pretty shit for 94wh
Also the reason why the new one is more garbage is because they well for thin meme and now don't have a big enough battery to sustain it
>light
Yeah I guess
>easy to repair
>needs a special screw driver to open it up
>all of the components are soldered
I mean yeah you only have one thing to replace so that is easier but having to buy a new mobo for every repair isn't cheap
>good warranty
Ask me how I know you're 100% a fucking shill at this point
>inb4 you complain about a walmart tier laptop at 10th of the price
I can buy a new one AND move my hard drive without having to desolder anything
Also pick on someone your own price, Lenovo will come to my workplace and kiss my ass right on the spot for a 1k thinkpad let alone a 2k workstation.
>dev friendly
That's because Unix and apple development forcing you into mac os
Linux and windows has good tools too

Software engineer is not real engineer tho.

Must be your country. At American tech companies pretty much everyone uses a Mac. I work for a big saas company, we have 70% macs, 25% windows, 5% Linux. You get to choose what you want. For some reason all the folks in India prefer windows, EU and US it’s macs. Most of the windows footprint is from non-tech staff outside of India.

wtf? do you know how rare it is to replace parts?

Attached: 402393_341380405874280_1650962168_n.jpg (480x360, 31K)

>American
Makes sense.
Brain dead Americans choose computers for brain dead retards.

This

>battery
>development machine on battery

We are sooo advanced now, guis. We are always on the run, gotta make sure we have enough battery to develop and stuff. Otherwise, we're useless.

how you gon write that fart app at starbucks without dat battery life yo

>for some reason all the folks in India prefer windows
Yeah what’s up with that? Go to YouTube and search “how to Windows”. Just that phrase. Many many videos will have some dirty fucking pajeet. Now do the same thing with Mac or Linux. White people. Why? What draws the curry people to Windows?

most reliable machine available, easy repair centers all around you.

Sup Forums memes aside, they’re nice. You don’t have some unstable operating system like Windows 10 that could BSOD any minute. And Linux is nice, but with a Mac you know that just about any dev software you’ll need will be available for Mac.

windows comes preinstalled on their $100 acer netbook you dolt

cuz everyone is using one since the employer is providing it.
Most systems could just as easily run nix, but why run through the hassle of having product managers and such on windows and developers on nix?

>macshit
>reliable
Fuck off shill.

Attached: 1512412383795.jpg (989x1006, 165K)

yeah it fucking is, I can bring my broken one in and within the day they give it back looking brand new, the steep price on repair is worth that level of service.

Look at the smug bastard laugh while cucking your personal data.

Lol he even has trouble looking like a human.
>act natural

>pay $2000 for chinktrash garbage
>forced to drive 2 hours to nearest apple gay bar
>wait in line for 3 hours with smelly hipsters
>level of service
>meanwhile dell IN-FUCK-HOME-WARRANTY sends a tech to my home next day when it's convenient for me and fixes my problem while i watch tv

Mactards are literally brain dead.