Is Discord Stallmann approved?

Is Discord Stallmann approved?
It's not on his "bad software" list.

Attached: 20180325_110459.jpg (1440x701, 432K)

Other urls found in this thread:

stallman.org/stallman-computing.html
gnu.org/philosophy/free-sw.en.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coca-Cola#Colombian_death-squad_allegations
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I dont know if he even know it exists Im pretty sure he only uses irc

mail him and tell him about discord, i'm sure he will add it

Discord is proprietary centralized botnet, has no option to self-host, devs have stated no intentions to open source, and it came out perfectly polished from the get-go and was shilled all over various platforms with anonymous investors backing it. Basically manufactured from the start, hence it's quick adoption by everyone.

I'm sure the thread was meant to be tongue-in-cheek, but:
>Skype requires the use of a client program that is not free software; in other words, the users don't control it — it controls them.
>A nonfree program denies users freedom, which is unjust in itself. Making the ethical issue sharper, for you to use Skype is to encourage someone else to use Skype, which means you're pressuring someone else to surrender freedom as well. This is plenty of reason to refuse to use Skype, but there are more reasons.
>Skype refuses to say whether it can eavesdrop on calls. That almost certainly means it can do so.
>Skype gave personal data about a Wikileaks supporter to another company without any legal obligation to do so.
>Skype churns the meaning of preference settings, and gives its users a run-around when someone cheats them.
>Microsoft has changed Skype to make it easier for states to snoop on users.
>Skype messages are not encrypted for the whole trip: Microsoft can read them. And Microsoft does read them.

Replace "Skype" with "Discord" and all of those are pretty much true, so I would assume no.

guaranteed not. it scans and uploads all of your process info as well as every message you send.

How does he even use the internet? Aren't all public pipelines on non-free hardware?

non-free hardware still can't magically break encryption, though

He's concerned about the software running on his computer.

Is discord in browser better? I use Rambox.

It cannot scan processes running on your computer when you open it in a browser, but thats just slightly better.

>Likewise, I don't need to worry about what software is in a kiosk, pay phone, or ATM that I am using. I hope their owners migrate them to free software, for their sake, but there's no need for me to refuse to touch them until then. (I do consider what those machines and their owners might do with my personal data, but that's a different issue, which would arise just the same even if they did use free software. My response to that issue is to minimize those activities which give them any data about me.)
stallman.org/stallman-computing.html
gnu.org/philosophy/free-sw.en.html

It's only a tiny bit better than skype. (technologically worse though, skype used to have p2p voice and other cool things)

>it uploads every message you send
No shit?

There are systems that don't do that.

Signal
uploads your messages to the company that makes signal, but the company can't read them because they're encrypted

utox, Briar, irc
doesn't upload messages at all, they only are stored on your computer and the computers of the people you send them to

>it scans and uploads all of your process info
do you have a source for that? what does it upload exactly? the names of running processes, or more?

>This entire website
Interesting read, though I think he's a paranoid fuck.

This, I'm quite sure he doesn't even know of its existence.

That's not a comprehensive list of software that he thinks is bad.
It's just a list of articles he's written about bad software

>non-free hardware still can't magically break encryption
user...

>I do not post on Sup Forums. I have nothing against it in principle, but I am told a lot of the posts nowadays are right-wing bigotry which I condemn totally. I have occasionally answered questions for interviews for Sup Forums, but I have never posted anything there. Any posting there that says it is by me is by an impostor.

Attached: 123123.png (363x349, 11K)

the main problem we would have is that they would require him to use non-free javascript to be able to use

Sup Forums btfo by Stallman

I think free software is good but trying to remove all proprietary software from your life is vegan-level difficult. Didn't Stallman say he doesn't have a cellphone?

If you only use stallman approved stuff you might as well live in the dark ages.
He went from someone with a neat idea to an insane cult preacher

overton window.
stallmanu almost single handedly saved modern computing.

>Wendy's

Did he get the shits one day and then decided to write an essay about it?

What's bad about Amtrak? It's literally a government mode of transport

he has autism over their tomatoes

Requires ID
Also stallman sperged out about coca cola apparently funding a Colombian death squad

>replacing windows and flashing an app without gapps / preorder librem 5
>difficult
>not eating some foods
>difficult

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coca-Cola#Colombian_death-squad_allegations

>A friend once asked me to watch a video with her that she was going to display on her computer using Netflix. I declined, saying that Netflix was such a threat to freedom that I could not treat it as anything but an enemy.

A real hero and good example to follow.

He's right you know.

fucking Giga-Chad

Attached: arnold is numero uno.jpg (1600x1208, 139K)

Is fresh feces safe to eat? It's not in any "unhealthy foods" list.

>Then again, maybe you shouldn't eat any fast food. It is meant for fasting, not for eating.

wtf did he mean by this?

Attached: 1049F0D2-87EC-4C53-A6E1-266B3328A9A6.png (1136x640, 95K)

Slightly related but does anyone have that table comparing E2E encrypted chat apps that has been posted here in Sup Forums a dozen times already?

Wtf I love Pepsi now

>tfw botnet wants you to die a virgin

B-b-but desu there are other clients for Discord, you can even write your own, it already has a CLI client

Discord is botnet listed. they are literally mining.

it's a shitty pun that says it's not good enough to eat.