What is this shit, i seen it in some threads...

sys.Sup Forums.org/derefer?url=

what is this shit, i seen it in some threads, it appears to be a meaningless URL string that just redirects you to the actual site thats added past the = sign

what exactly is this for? does it negate the "spam" warning for certain domains?

Attached: 5TYqHny7WXRiQN_zbQJt6xg9Elj8MZcZMaVoRb05kdQ.png (344x442, 208K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP_referer
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

you are too stupid to live

>Derefer
Just think about it a little bit longer!!

when you go to Sup Forums.org/derefer its just a blank page

so you have to KNOW the url string in teh first place to use it, its not a UI that lets you paste in a url and adds it to it like other URL manipulation strings

how would anyone, or why would anyone even use this string?

if you google it theres TONS of instances of it being used on various boards

Are you trolling or literally retarded OP?

im asking a fucking question, if you answered it instead of ad hominems we could move on

what does it feel like to have a negative IQ?

Pure fucking autism, thanks for the laugh, I needed it.

Great way to start the morning off thanks for the nozzles op

top kek

it removes the referer header, you fucking idiotic piece of shit.

Why are you on this board? leave.

haven't had a kek like this in a long time, thanks op

GOD DAMN IT!

SOMEONE ANSWER OP'S QUESTION!

SOME OF US ARE BRAINLETS AND NEED IT SPELLED OUT!

WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT LINK DEFERER THING?

anyone that can actually answer OP's question?

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP_referer
>DErefer
figure it out

refer is weed
derefer removes weed

Samefag?

To answer your question, it removes the referer header so that you cannot tell what the previous url you were linked from was

when you click a link, your browser will then try to load the webpage in the link, your browser will also send a little message to the new website telling it where it came from ( the page you were on before), and that information is useful to the stats for that site you just clicked on. If you don't want that info to be passed to the new site, the de-referer will mask the actual page from Sup Forums you clicked the link on.

If you don't mind, can you show me an example of where on Sup Forums I can find this supposed "de-referer?" you are talking about? I didn't know Sup Forums had this.

wow, and I thought I was retarded

Some websites can tell which url you came from. For example, if you click on a YouTube video on Facebook, they'll know you got there from Facebook. It's like footsteps.
Derefer removes those footsteps.

You should probably Google this kind of stuff before asking here. This board is really useless most of the time and you'll probably leave with your question unanswered or with superficial information.

Probably not. Probably just various Sup Forumsentoomen laughing at your stupidity.

Please don't spoonfeed idiots. They need to learn to look things up and lurk.