He still uses office suite to write documents and presentations

>he still uses office suite to write documents and presentations
>he doesn't use LaTeX and LaTeX Beamer

Attached: IMG-20180325-WA0006~2.jpg (467x864, 108K)

>>he still uses office suite to write documents and presentations
>>he doesn't use LaTeX and LaTeX Beamer

He has a well paying job because of his relevant skillset
He gets shit done quickly and succeeds in life rather than jerk himself off making documents that look the same in twice the time
He rises early in the morning to eat a hearty breakfast
He is virtuous

>documents and presentations
I gratuated m8. My work does not involve office crap at all.

Wait until you get an above entry level job, every well paying tech job involves presentations and excel sheets.

Why are Sup Forumsentooment so delusional that they automatically assume that anyone who posts on Sup Forums is in tech

Doesn't even matter, the statement is true for every field apart from some shitty physical labour jobs.

because a true gentooman works in /tech/ even though he hates it. when he comes home finally he has the time to escape from the botnet. a true gentooman hides his real powerlevel

I'd love to see your CV. Must be long as shit, having worked in every field

>tech job
What?

Are you really that retarded or do you have literally 0 work experience?

>job
What?

still waiting for the day sb develops a wysiwyg editor with the ease of word and the version control benefits of tex documents

Why do you even need an office suite installed? Just use Google docs and Google slides? Even libreoffice is good enough unless you work a job that specifically needs certain MS only functions/features. I made a presentation for my internship once and I didn't need to have Microsoft office to do it.

>Have worked in tech for years already
>Practically nobody outside of academia uses LaTex, including people who had to learn how to use it for their thesis
>Even those fresh from academia move over to using MS Office or LibreOffice pretty quickly as the actual content becomes more important than an end result that looks like a scientific paper from the 1970s

I know it feels nice to think of yourself as this uber professional guy when you're in a college and learning to use all of these cool things, but out here in the real world what matters most is getting things done fast and with little hassle.

Mind you, the first documentation I wrote was for a 3k line "if-then-else" mess that could comprehensibly only be explained with state charts within state charts and I used LaTex to do it and received praise from my boss for producing really professional looking work. However it was not only the first time I used LaTex outside of academia, it was also the last time I used it.

yeah but you're not a real man until you spend 3 hours doing a 5 minute job.

if you have the full ms office suite (outlook, lync, word, pp, etc.) it's just absolute frictionless to share work, schedule meetings with anybody from other devs to Office Stacy.
I love it.
And other than google docs it conforms ISO 27001 as far as I know.

>he uses LaTeX to take notes
>he unironically uses Beamer
your autism is funny. And this is coming for a huge LaTeX fan.

Hi Yuliya, what is your job?

Attached: Polandball_5853c6_5626851.jpg (640x853, 59K)

I'm a hooker ;D

I'm a pharmacist.

At least I'm not on your level, where you feel that you need to make such sweeping statements. Can you really not visualize non-entry jobs that don't require you to do office shit? Have you literally only worked in tech firms?

noice, how come you're shitposting on Sup Forums rather than /sci/ or something?

I like technology to some degree as well.

I'm a cocksucker. Here, in Country 404, we suck cocks for free.

lol

Tech, automotive and consulting.
And no, there is literally no non-entry level job where you do not have to report to management, present in front of customers, auditors [...].

This is what baffles me about people like you. Why do you expect people to base their entire existence around a single interest?
There is OBVIOUSLY no middle ground.
Is this what autism feels like?

BEHAVE! Femanon is an oldfag.

yes, we are characters in an RPG game and we can only follow one path in our lives.

That's not really a job then. More like a hobby

I guess so but that is why they give you a work computer. The company pays for the suite and mantains it. I don't know why people here say you need it on your personal computer.

having a low iq has its benefits too dw

Attached: brainlet.png (1066x600, 217K)

>as the actual content becomes more important than an end result
But this is exactly why we don't just use Office where I work, because the content we want to capture is not just the end resulting text, it's also the metadata about and relationship between parts of the system. We don't use LaTeX either, but the non-WYSIWYG authoring concept is similar.

>LaTeX

More like BloaTeX.

Use groff.

I have all the things you listed and I use LaTeX daily because it's simply superior than every office suite out there. What is your argument?

Do you work on the streets?

LyX exists.

>takes notes
Who said anything about that activity? If you want to take notes, just use notepad or leafpad. Using any office suite for taking notes is equally stupid. As for myself, I only take notes on my Blackberry Keyone, so I don't even need to bring a laptop with myself.
>beamer
>retarded
Try harder.

>latex

Use Markdown/Asciidoc like a normal human being.

Asciidoc (due to its association with Docbook) is far more relevant these days.

oldrag, you mean

How far removed from reality do you have to be to not use Office products? LMAO even our janitor uses Excel.

Asciidoc/Markdown are just good for very basic and simple documents that need neither formatting nor special page layout. LaTeX is much more powerful and less dumb than them, so it allows to do many more things.

>he still shills some dead ass language that's pretty much fueled by ancient people

html5 and css are the future of layouts. hell, you can mathjax your math too.

>Wait until you get an above entry level job

ok and how does that preclude the use of nonfree shitware?

I still shit out presentations with markdown -> html5 shit and use sheetjs to hack up retarded excel sheets.

Anyone else imagine LaTeX defenders enjoy huffing their own farts?

You don't either

Who the fuck still edits documents using text-only mode in the year of 2018? TeX, troff and the rest of that prehistoric shit only worked that way because computers only had 1K of RAM back then.

Attached: WordPerfect-5.1-Splash.png (720x400, 2K)

>hey Pajeet send me that ppt I need to make some last minute changes

>1K of RAM
Good ol' days...

because unlike toolbar garbage, using text to describe your layouts usually results in a more consistent and less garbage view.

I'd send him the html file then. doubt he needs to change the stylesheet since it's practically perfect. I doubt most office shitters even know what markdown is.

>I'd send him the html file then.

You never held a real job I presume

Attached: 1521057848794.png (563x407, 237K)

What's the best DOS word processor whose format can still be read today? I know Word 5.5 can, but what about the better WordPerfect?

I take it you never went to college then monkey? because even the most retarded business degrees at the state schools near me required office shitters to learn "haytch tee em el."

>XXI century shaman
kek, must suck knowing you could have been a real physician

>learn html to pass
>never bother with it ever again

Welcome to reality. Nobody is going to edit your autistic HTML markup.