> Most likely reinstall because you did a mistake
> Google answers for hours
> Constant praying it will work and more importantly won't break the system

Windows / Mac:
> 1-2 clicks
> Works perfectly fine

Attached: 8.png (317x159, 6K)

>t. someone who hasn't used Linux in the last decade

Windows used to crash for me every other week and I had to stare at the screen every monday for 1-2 hours when fucking updates came

Linux for me has been very stable for me with no crashes for about 1 year now. I'm using ubuntu which is supposedly brainlet-tier

I use Windows every day, and have for the last ~20 years.

Thing is, I have none of these issues with Linux / Unix / BSD.

A computer is a tool, use what works best for the task at hand...

> Works perfectly fine
oh ok...

Attached: 1506391849690.jpg (640x360, 39K)

Nope, no problem here...

Attached: dU31u.png (1024x768, 377K)

>changes his kernel command line to root=/dev/invalid
>linux is bad XDDDDD

fpbp
OP is full of shit.

I literally get this sort of shit when i try boot linux distros off a usb
but y'know, it "just werkz"

I have never seen this before on the other i have seen many times before

>can't get windows to run smoothly without crashing
Man, I thought you were as retarded as they come, then I read this part

>had to stare at updates every monday
You are a new breed of retard, it's hilarious. You are so dumb that you couldn't even get an OS designed to be used by the general population to work and behave properly.

Why are you even on this board if you know so little about how a computer works?

The amount of shilling in this post is hilarious

Attached: 1519885551548.png (814x806, 15K)

>5 command lines for one task
Your mileage may vary, but my experience is the opposite:
>1 command line for one task
>But on Windows and Mac, usually 3-4 clicks through menus before you get to what you're looking for
Sometimes there is no GUI for what you're trying to do, and then if you're really unfortunate then you're on Windows and need to dig up archaic cmd commands that no one knows how to use anymore, constantly searching around forums for the proper fix, even watching videos on youtube with some pajeet give some half-assed solution that might not even work anymore. I have been there.

Your case OP is that you just used something you were unfamiliar with. In general, despite efforts to make Linux desktops that are user-friendly, it is still largely not for people like you. The very nature of Linux stems from a culture of developers, programmers, and hackers that wanted a system that supported them better than Windows could. So they built their own, and continue to contribute to it to this day. It's still not really for the average media consumer who barely knows what a computer is.

Windows shills are so desperate that they have resorted to calling people who don't want to deal with windows' bullshit retarded. What a time to be alive.

If it's so easy, I'm sure you'll solve this puzzle for me:
1) how do I convince windows to allow me to invoke context menu on mouse-button-down and select an item on mouse-button-up
and
2) how do I convince windows to scroll inactive window with scroll wheel when I have mouse over it

>saying the truth and it hurting you is shilling
SEETHING

>Windows
>have to get it to run smoothly
>doesn't just do that by default
Each one of your posts is just another nail in the "just works" coffin. If you have to fuck around just to get Windows to work, what's even the benefit of using Windows in the first place? There is none, considering you can get most of your software on Mac in a system that really does "just work"

Attached: Windows-10-BSOD-fLIKR.jpg (1366x768, 30K)

>winlet can't accept that his OS is shit and takes decades to install the forced updates
>resortes to calling him retarded
>gets called out
>pretends he was saying the truth
kek

>waaah why does windows crash all the time? I just used a pirated ISO and hold the power button to shut off my machine every day
>waaah how do I set the time of the week to install updates? It's too hard so I am going to stare at the updates every time it happens
>waaah why are people calling me retarded for not being able to figure these things out? They must be working for Microsoft! Those shills!
Pathetic

>waaah why aren't people buying my OS
>waaah why are people saying my shit is shit
>waaah why are people realizing that even mac is better than windows
pathetic

>my post actually has things posters complain about
>you can only strawman
Kek, I guess your post sounded better in your head.

The one strawmanning is you claiming all issues in windows are caused by the user and not by rajeesh's shitty poo code

You can do everything you want with AHK. Windows can nearly do all the functions of Linux with a mix of AHK scripts and installed third-party tools.

I forgot to mention one thing tho. Linux outshine Windows a little bit with GUI customizing and some terminal commands.

I maintain several windows 10 installs on various different desktops and laptops. No issues like anyone here has complained about.

The only Pajeets are the ones in this thread with their PhDs trying to tell everyone they can't get windows working.

>hurr it works for me on my shitty hardware that's all the same

Linux:
>Must have an above average IQ to use
>Respects your freedoms and privacy

Windows:
>Target demographic is pic related
>Sends all of your usage information to Microsoft every time you wiggle the mouse

Attached: 1426043943296.jpg (570x587, 43K)

Attached: oops.png (1064x787, 224K)

this board is nothing but larpers and bait

Linux: free to roll your own
Windows: it's our way or Linux.

Lets not generalize
There are some linux distros that are in fact worse than windows in the usage information tracking, and there are some windows people that are much smarter than Sup Forums's collective forces
Personally, I like minimalism and knowing what my system does and why, so I use Arch and openBSD unironically on my machines

The amount of strawman your "argument" relies on is ridiculous. Windows crashes whether it's an unauthorized copy or not especially since most people use the vanilla ms iso along with an activator to get their unauthorized copy of windows.
You shouldn't be forced into scheduling updates and updates shouldn't take hours to do along with a restart. Updates should be quick and only require a reboot for kernel or other system component updates.
Finally the fact is that most of the people who defend windows on this board are either shills or people suffering from an excess of brand loyalty.

Man the shilling in this post. How much they paying you, poojang?

Linux:
> 1 command to install library + dependencies
> Build your project with dependency on the library and it just werks

Windows:
> Download library and download their dependencies from separate sites until you have all dependencies.
> Add dependencies to your project
> Build fails because library was compiled with a different visual studio version.
> Find library files that were compiled with same visual studio that you use
> Build still fails with linking errors, after googling around you realize it's failing because of mismatched runtime type (multithreaded vs single threaded).
> Find library files that were compiled with same visual studio version, same architecture and same c runtime library type
> Build still fails because library was linked against dynamic library of c and your project requires static linking.
> You dont find any compiled library that matches the requirement so you try to build from scratch.
> All libraries are designed to compile on linux, there are no finished project files to compile libraries with your setup.
> Create new project, add library files and try setup correct project setup.
> After linking errors, you see that the project has dependency on another library, so you download that one and do the same thing for that
> Only a few hours wasted
> Heh, Windows "just werks"

Microsoft is literally in agreement with the United States Government to supply user information, and you think some chink Linux distribution is worse? The worst one I can think of is Mint or some trash, simply because of its policies on proprietary software. Even that I would consider "more secure" than a modern Windows operating system.

I dont trust mint/ubuntu/RHEL
The rest are probably good to great

>1-2 clicks
It's more than 2 clicks to change a setting in gpedit though...

Do you get paid in piss cow, Rajesh?

I had to format a friend of mine's laptop running win7 recently
Heres what I did, and tell me what is easier FOR A DUMBFUCK USER, this or an Ubuntu default install
>have the actual bootable USB
>Format SSD
>Install Windows
>find something else to do for 30 mins
>Get back, all looks great
>Restore all data from external HDD
>Click Chrome
>No internet
>no Ethernet drivers
>no wifi drivers
>on a fucking 8GB install
>Manually search for specific drivers from desktop PC by typing the entire fucking hardware ID that I copied from system settings
>download them
>bring them to laptop via USB
>install one
>reboot
>install another
>reboot
>it now works
So tell me

Edit: I meant to say try to download chrome from stock IE

No one pays people to shit on microsoft and shill GNU/Linux.

Attached: 1200px-Flag_of_Ukraine.svg.png (1200x800, 881)

Linux:
> 5 command lines for one task
> Modify 4 files to make it work
> Most likely reinstall because you did a mistake
> Google answers for hours
> Constant praying it will work and more importantly won't break the system

Windows / Mac:
> 1-2 clicks
> I'M SORRY YOU DON'T HAVE PERMISSION TO ACCESS THAT
>elevate myself with admin privileges
>NOPE SORRY YOU CAN'T MODIFY THAT
>edit the registry and task scheduler and confer the highest kernel access privileges
>SORRY user, NO DICE
>google the answer
>"blah blah Microsoft doesn't allow this folder to be edited because good goyim don't question their corporate masters"

Fixed that for you winblows shill.

t. A shill

The joke is that 4 of those applies to Windows as well.

what fucking folder were you even trying to get to?

You forgot:
>no way to use the full 1336x768 resolution of the laptop.
>usb firmware is 1.1
>have to install all drivers manually one by one.

You need to see a psychiatrist.

Who is paying the shill bill though?

Apple

/thread

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Attached: 1517494506350.jpg (3720x2800, 3.18M)