youtube.com/watch?v=RIbe8uXS8mE
youtube.com/watch?v=Htp4JtKLneM
youtube.com/watch?v=vf-k6qOfXz0
youtube.com/watch?v=v9AKH16--VE
youtube.com/watch?v=2uYs0gJD-LE
vimeo.com/11219730
youtube.com/watch?v=3YtlFRb3UeE&index=8&list=PL159B9C1D37EC89A9
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

She kind of is. But she's too good to be shitposted here constantly like Grimes.

youtube.com/watch?v=TUgDfo-vHuk moose been dead now hes lurking up outside his grave

>Borders what's up with that
What did she mean by this?

She meant to question a) whether political borders are the best way for our world to function and b) why the United States and Europe is hesitant about accepting Muslim, Mexican, and South Asian refugees but are not suspicious about immigrants from other areas of the world.

Get off christgau

i second that

Love her. I think a lot of us do, she just doesn't get brought up much because most of the female artist discussion is straight shitposting.

Andy Stott
youtube.com/watch?v=q3KE-_wkiCc
youtube.com/watch?v=RIbe8uXS8mE
youtube.com/watch?v=Htp4JtKLneM

youtube.com/watch?v=vf-k6qOfXz0

she's a funny looking jewess

But user Charli XCX is well known on Sup Forums

I've only just realised that the Om symbol on Matangi's cover is repurposed to spell 'MIA'. Cool.

Anyway, in regards to Sup Forums and are right I think. Any female artists that's popular on Sup Forums is either waifu'd or shitposted to oblivion.

On a larger level I don't think she's more popular because of MAYA. Coming of the back of Paper Planes' hype, she subverted people's expectations with MAYA and a lot of people fell of the bandwagon.

You look at Kanye West and M.I.A. and they're both among the greatest artists of the 2000s. Arular/Kala and College Dropout/Late Registration were both unanimously adored, but with their third albums things split. Kanye made an album that consolidated his popularity and fame with an album where every song was aiming for chart success and easy listening. M.I.A. released MAYA which was largely abrasive and chaotic and atypical of M.I.A.'s sound. Kanye released his 'difficult' album, his MAYA equivalent six albums into his career, when he was at a level where he could, both critically and financially.

I do really like both MAYA and Yeezus I just wish people treated the former with half the amount of respect that the latter gets. tbf it does seem to have garnered a lot of new found respect in recent years.

Could be said to be bad career management on M.I.A.'s part but I don't think she ever wanted or knew how to handle superstar status. She knew exactly what she was doing with MAYA.

Daily reminder that if you like sampling you should listen to Solex.

As for MIA I like a little bit of her stuff but I actually think she's kind of overrated and don't really see why people consider her a genius.

Anything Bernie says that isn't directly domestic policy related can go straight into the trash.

This.
M.I.A. has been great, always.

Solex is GOAT, but I wasn't very fond of that album.

Bjork is great but she's shitposted her constantly

I think it's a decent break from the stuff she normally does, and the concept is cool. Hopefully any new album kind of builds on Laughing Stock of Indie Rock though as I really do want more of the stuff she was doing before.

I remember come walk with me being the nicest song

best songs on that album?

Bad Girls has no place on the album but in isolation it's an awesome pop song.

Know It Aint Right is a sultry, oriental RnB banger.

Bring the Noize is hard.

nice write up

is that gif from the mura masa vid btw?

youtube.com/watch?v=v9AKH16--VE

The gif is from the Double Bubble Trouble video.

Shitposts have no bearing on an artists quality but Bjork threads are just /hr/-style image dumps these days. Bjork is amazing though, yeah.

Only 1 U
Warriors
Bring the Noize

how is this "good"

stop advertising on this board

the whole ADHD tumblr aesthetic is very much an acquired taste. She does some more traiditonal visuals too.

youtube.com/watch?v=2uYs0gJD-LE

vimeo.com/11219730

I love YALA

I meant the music you idiot

I think YALA is the worst track on any of MIA's albums. It's so grating and annoying.

it makes your booty shake

Typical leftist context denial. Muslims and Hispanics are treated with greater suspicion than Asians and Europeans because they're factually much more violent and unintelligent.

Probably because she's a bit of a moron and doesn't know how to compose a pop song--all of her "talent" is manufactured by others, similar to other plastic media figures like Kanye West and Beyonce. She adds nothing but a public face for a interchangeable team of musicians

muh instruments

BRING THE NOISE WHEN WE RUN UPON THEM

DIN DUN DAN DUN DUN DUUUN DUN.DUN.DUN.DUN.DUN.DRRRRUN
DUN.DUN.DUN.DUN.DUN.DRRRRUN

I specifically said "compose a pop song," not play a pop song with instruments.

>hesitant of accepting refugees
>when there's plenty of other places to go to

Why is the US THE place to go to when you're a refugee. If we're so horrible for our refugee policy go somewhere else?

Plus, for muslims, is it really that hard to understand why we don't want them? When ISIS said they would infiltrate through them? And plus there's a ton of countries surrounding that you could go to.

the song and video are pretty clearly attempts to juxtapose pop culture with "real" world events and call into question the separation people put between the two, while also attempting to put things like "police shots" and Syrian refugees on equal footing in the mind of the lay consumer as things like "slaying it" and "being bae." Its essentially a metonymic song about the contemporary relationship between media, digital connections, struggle, and pop culture. Its form reminds me a lot of Louis Zukofsky's "80 Flowers" poems.

10/10 would bang her

the refugee crisis is basically limited to europe due to geography i don't why americans act as if they're on the forefront of 'the battle'

Regurgitator

the nose gives her away

youtube.com/watch?v=3YtlFRb3UeE&index=8&list=PL159B9C1D37EC89A9 Marquis de Sade

sweet trip is forever underrated. all of their stuff is perfect.
all of her albums are fuckin fantastic. arular is probably in my personal top 20 albums of all time and kala is almost as good. still havent listened to matangi though because i didnt like ΛΛ Λ Y Λ, probably going to listen soon though

Matangi is nothing like Maya and it's far closer her to her typical sound. People who dislike Maya tend to like Matangi, and vice versa.