Hi Sup Forums

hi Sup Forums

will this work?

gaming pc in the basement
50m thunderbolt cable
thunderbolt dock in my room + mouse + keyboard + dual monitor

Attached: thunderbolt.png (800x600, 268K)

ur gonna have to go down into ur spooky scary basement everytime you want to turn on ur pc

Yes

Probably but why would you want to do this

Im guessing noise and heat

>why would you want to do this
So I can download/render/etc while I sleep with zero noise and still use the loudest fans,

would it still work with 3 1920x1200 monitors?

>what is wake on LAN

at 50m there will most likely be problems with signal degradation, that's way too long (and the cable will probably be quite expensive)

Understandable I always listen to music to fall asleep so noise isn't a big worry for me when I leave my computer on all night

I know that feel. I always got extremely anxious if I had to render overnight, it would keep me up for hours and I always felt like I had to check things every hour or so for whatever fucking reason.

Aren't there repeaters you can get for this?

why did you even type that out? it was clear from the picture what you meant.

You need to find one of those optic fiber extensions. They're quiet pricey, the ones that works, but have a practically unlimited range.

Just get a server for that. R710 or something.

Just buy a water cooler

50m >> use optic fiber cable

Just kys. Lol problem solved

It might work, but most docks have an extra thunderbolt out, and HDMI. So maybe not dual display port, but one HDMI then one display port.

Also, don't use OWC shit. They sell overpriced shit to macfags that'll die on you in a month.

What about mdp to ethernet to mdp?

yes, if you are using fiber based thunderbolt.