who /thuleanperspective/ here?

youtube.com/watch?v=FYCjO_1nLHQ

Nice early thread, incest-lord.

Vektor - Terminal Redux

the other thread has over 300 posts dumbass

nth for WoC

does /metal/ like their groovier albums? i'm guessing no

@65251120
I don't understand what you want from us.

what have you been listening to lads? Post your weeks and r8 h8 masturb8

THE GREAAAT
SOUTHEEERN
TRENDKILLL
DAS RITE
YEAAAAAH

Hi

please refrain from replying to shitposters

It isn't old Decapitated, but it's still good metal. I like Exiled in Flesh, TBPTDGC, Instinct.

Suicide Note part 2 has the absolute BEST metal riff in existence. Don't even try to argue that.

youtube.com/watch?v=_YqGCs1BR9I&feature=youtu.be&t=18

lots of things
+++anaal

isn't that outer isolation?

please refrain from replying to shitposters

>symphonic black metal

Overrated trash

Emperor >> Mayhem and Burzum

Pus > vomit & shit

Your point?

atmospheric > all BM

>"""red anarchistic black metal"""

LOL

>melodic black metal
>atmoshit

I like metal a lot!

me too user

What's your favourite metal? I'm big into sweet iron (can't go wrong with the classics, ha!)

youtube.com/watch?v=jRGrNDV2mKc

My favorite metal band is Metallica

>all these external meal threads

did something happen? what's the point of the janitors generously allowing this general to exist if you fill the rest of the board with your Kidz Bop music anyway?

Oh.. I meant the musical genre! Darkthrone are good!

>Pantera
>big boy
>riffs
pick 1, brother

cuck detected

>implying janitors do their job

If you've ever been inside this thread you'd realize janitors don't do shit

>implying Pantera isn't the Cuckest metal ever

walk on home boy

ok kid

Yet someone posts a wayward tit and everyone with the ability to delete threads/posts/ban people rush into the scene.

Fuck off Cletus, don't you have some moonshine to cook?

Anyone know of any good one note metal bands

You have put into doubt my maturity by suggesting I am in fact a child! Alas! Ruffian! I am undone!

because believe it or not, not everyone likes indie pop and trap rap

Sunn O)))

>did something happen?
This general transcended the meme barrier

It's only a matter of time before Sup Forums is flooded with metal threads. Prepare yr anus

If you lived in a parallel universe where genders were swapped, which female versions of metal musicians would you bang

do you talk like that in real life or only on the internet?

in all seriousness the band bong has songs that are actually one note

chuck

oh man you're KILLING tonight

>bong

lmfao

thanks

nice meme!

Peter Steel
would bang him as a male too desu nohomo

well emperor is one of the few bands that actually did symphoshit right

make way

big dick grooves coming through

Monuments is scientifically designed to be enjoyed by small-cock betas, though

they're by far my favorite post-ironic stoner drone band

that would be power metal son

monuments and djent is for three legged men only

no that's pic related

I like Faith No More desu

good shit, I prefer mr. bungle though

If you think Helloween's first three albums (A.K.A. everything worth listening within the Power Metal style) aren't the epitome of fuck-bitches-raw music then you're a small-cocked cuck.

But we already knew that, since you listen to Monuments.

Tessseract is good unlike Monumemes

Angel Dust is one of my fav albums ever

It's a sad day when i'm the first to post death

New Paragon Belial
youtube.com/watch?v=KbCjIjBjdCo&feature=youtu.be

Tesseract more like Lesseract HOAHOAHOA

And you went ahead and posted their worst album, too!

Their only good album is altered state

while both monuments lps are bangers

KEK FUCK

Skyharbor is better than TesseracT

what is the stance on this kind of alt-metal anyway? like, The Real Thing (and Angel Dust) has a pretty metal guitar tone if you ask me, and tracks that kinda resemble thrash like "Surprise You're Dead"

but if they're rock, not metal, then what does that make their cover of War Pigs? that's literally a Sabbath cover, is it suddenly not metal just because of patton's voice? surely the song Jizzlobber is metal? Is Alice in Chains metal? What about Metallica's Black Album? Why isn't Slipknot and nu-metal considered metal? I know they're shit, but why can't they just be a shit subgenre of metal? i wish this stuff wasn't so uncertain and confusing, the metal community is really elitist about this shit without actually making it clear what separates rock music from metal

mike patton is a great vocalist

not every metalhead is a metallum autist dude

Anybody from the Windsor/Essex area that are going to this and want a ride?

Oh Jesus.

>but if they're rock, not metal, then what does that make their cover of War Pigs?
It makes it a cover of War Pigs.
>is it suddenly not metal just because of patton's voice?
Do you reckon if I were to sing Transilvanian Hunger with my best operatic falsetto, that it would retroactively make black metal not metal anymore for some magical reason?
>Is Alice in Chains metal?
Yes. Their metal influences overcome their other influences
>What about Metallica's Black Album?
See before
>Why isn't Slipknot and nu-metal considered metal?
Same. Their influences and their general compositive style answer to genres outside of metal much more often than any actual metal
>i wish this stuff wasn't so uncertain and confusing
It's not, you're just not doing any effort on your part to do your homework
>the metal community is really elitist about this shit
>what separates rock music from metal
Same thing that separates your bloodline from any other: Inheritance and crossbreeding.

IT'S

NOT

HARD

Oh, also? This

Faith No More are metal
Primus are not metal

well metalheads confuse and scare me because whenever I happen upon this thread the story changes, one time people were legit discusing Disturbed's album The Sickness and another people were saying that Opeth and Vektor aren't even metal they're just alt rock with growling and I just don't understand at all. I mean it's one thing to not like them but how are they not metal?

honestly the discussion this kind of music generates frustrates me and I don't understand it at all. I just don't think this community is for me. perhaps I'll just go put on some bedwetter indie album and cry myself to sleep. I'm sorry to have bothered you

shut the fuck up

people that circklejerk over what lables to put on music are generally autists, pay them no mind

You see, your problem is that you're discussing metal with the kind of people you can freely describe as "metalheads".
>the story changes
Mind you, this happens with every single form of artistic expression.

The best advise I can give is that you listen to more music. Sounds obvious, but I mean you should do a sort of journey through the years and see what was considered metal and when, and once you've been through enough and have listened to enough music, you start "seeing" the marks that make something metal, and start noticing when things simply lack that mark. It's like a bloodline, as I said. You start noticing the cheekbones of your grand-granddad in the face of your grand-grandson. And you also start noticing when some nothingface cuck wants to get into your family-only BBQ.

I found myself on the wikipedia page for nu-metal as a result of this thread and found this genuine sentence

>In spite of both its popularity and the fact that it is a genre of heavy metal music, nu metal has often been criticized by a lot of fans of heavy metal music,[52][53] often being labelled with derogatory terms such as "mallcore" and "whinecore".

nice work Sup Forums

idk what's confusing and scary about a music fanbase having diverse opinions. the tone of the discussion changes depending on how many people with similar opinions happen to be present at any single time.

mallcore is a legit term used for radio-friendly metal that often gets played in malls :9)

>radio-friendly metal that often gets played in malls
Is this actually a thing in America?

i have no idea i'm from czech republic

Personally I'd consider Faith No More more alt. rock with shades of metal and Slipknot is comparatively more metal imo, pretty sure the disdain is a result of images and fanbase and the "respectability" that comes with it as a result

I would also say nu-metal is metal, just not the kind of metal that appeals to "real metal" fans

o kurva

"Mallcore" makes metal fans on the internet sound like really open minded non-judgmental individuals. You really get a sense of the friendliness, unity and brotherhood of the community.

Soilwork are the perfect example of meloshit, while they have some catchy melodies here and there, their songwriting is extremely basic and riffs are very poor.
Not to mention the clean vocals which are both technically and aesthetically mediocre.

NATRHNUTÍ ČURÁKA PŘI PÍCHÁNÍ ŠPENDLÍKU DO PTÁKA A NAKOPNUTÍ KOULÍ
KURVA, JAUVEJS, TO BOLÍ!

DO PRDELE JOOOOOO

Whay are there so many more slavs in /metal/ than other threads?

wtf u talkin bout man

youtube.com/watch?v=sFaSXInnNtw
>2:53
riff