/pmp/ Personal Music Player general

/pmp/ personal music player general
Hiby R3 edition
This thread is for the discussion portable mp3/FLAC/OGG Vorbis players.
>inb4 phone
>inb4 spotify
Useful Guide(s)
• Converting an iPod video 5G/5.5G to a rockboxed player with an msata SSD and a 3000 mAh battery nullvoid.station.moe/Freedom-Hardware/Video5G-Rockbox/
• Third party battery guide
iflash.xyz/3rd-party-extended-battery-guide/Guide for iPod 6G/7G needs adding/making
• Reminder to use Rockbox DEV builds when available.
• Use the SonyNWDestTool to remove the volume limiter/warnings on most of the Walkman series
rockbox.org/wiki/SonyNWDestTool

Attached: Hiby R3.jpg (1280x720, 128K)

Other urls found in this thread:

aliexpress.com/item/Sabaj-Da2-Portable-Audio-DAC-Headphone-Amplifier-32bit-768kHz-Mini-USB-DAC-AMP-for-PC-Mac/32822086684.html
mysku.ru/blog/aliexpress/61552.html#mcut
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

any sub $80 pmp with bluetooth? I know bluetooth audio quality is shit but it's so hard to go back to working out with wired earbuds, plus the gym isn't the place to be using any nice earbuds.

The upcoming shanling m0 is rumoured to be $99

Attached: m0_gif.gif (1000x562, 268K)

Ruizu x06, Benjie T6 (rockboxable)

What about the Klangtop?

Looks just like a sansa clip, which I used to use.

Anyone here compared the output power between the shanling m1 and m2s?

I found my old ipod touch 5g. I tried to sync it with my library, but sometimes I an "Unknown Error (-54)". Should I keep it or trade it for something more new?

Sell it and get an iPod Video

bump

release date

I plan to buy DP X1A. Can I root this device?

Attached: TB2lS.9yUhnpuFjSZFpXXcpuXXa_!!788005.jpg (635x460, 132K)

Galaxy S9 reporting in

FiiO X5 III

Attached: 20180326_124013.jpg (2660x1711, 2.32M)

Daily reminder any phone with a $50 OTG DAC/amp will outperform $500 DAPs.

>but muh space
aliexpress.com/item/Sabaj-Da2-Portable-Audio-DAC-Headphone-Amplifier-32bit-768kHz-Mini-USB-DAC-AMP-for-PC-Mac/32822086684.html
Not an excuse.

>but muh battery life
It's current year user. Every phone can handle music playback for at least whole day while doing other tasks.

>but muh space
Phones can take SD cards. Access to streaming and cloud services on the go with mobile data is also something your DAPs aren't able to do.

>aliexpress.com/item/Sabaj-Da2-Portable-Audio-DAC-Headphone-Amplifier-32bit-768kHz-Mini-USB-DAC-AMP-for-PC-Mac/32822086684.html

I dig this bad boy, but with propetiary drivers, it might not working well with my ps4

I know the DA1 worked with the PS4 so I don't see why the DA2 wouldn't.

da2 uses xmos usb receiver while da2 uses TAS1020B

one russki on mysku.ru/blog/aliexpress/61552.html#mcut
mentions that it needs driver to function to function, so no plug & play I guess. It works flawless with phone though

That looks pretty good. No complaints with my M1 though so wouldn't really buy it. And unless they change the UI, doesn't seem that great to use with a touchscreen.

Attached: IMG_0166.jpg (624x832, 81K)

Never mind just looked it up, the UI is different.

Attached: 20180325_113153.jpg (3264x2448, 3.76M)

Most Chinese Android devices either come rooted or can be rooted with Kingsoft

When in doubt, though, buy one with forum support/a community

who /rockboy/ here?

Attached: Literally perfection if it wasn't for 16 horizontal pixels and that shitty blue tint on the emu (1280x960, 603K)

Is that benjie t6?
Still waiting for mine to arrive from Singapore

It's the Rocker, but it's the same as the Benjie

Since this rockbox port run as app, does that mean it can use cards formatted in ntfs right now? Or fat32 only?

/fa/ isn't facebook, user

Perfection

Attached: Sansa_Clip_Zip_Rockboy.jpg (2844x1280, 612K)

You haven't lived until you've beaten the top 4 on a 96x96 monochrome display

Attached: pokemen_on_sansa_clip.jpg (1920x1440, 291K)

I use a V20 and Neutron, is that any good?

What's that?

Do I need some extra Apps to use it, because it has USB In?

Even better pic than the dark shitty one I took before

Attached: 20180326_221934.jpg (4032x3024, 3.87M)

ayayayyy!! el hombre invisibele!

I think it's Italian you uneducated goose penis

Attached: 1512860654852.jpg (425x387, 44K)

Doesn't play music
Literally trash

>expecting mutts to understand any romance language beyond Spanish

I just bought a Cowon Plenue D, waiting for it to come in the mail, my first ever hi-fi player. Did I do good?

Attached: 61HroCX-CaL._SL1500_.jpg (1241x1500, 111K)

You are one retarded nigger. There isn't much reason for Americans to learn Italian because they don't share a fucking physical border unlike they do with beanerland.

t.mutt who cant distinguish Italian and Spanish

Can the thread just report this Sup Forums Sperg and move on? Don't let them ruin the thread.

What's everyone's MINIMUM space requirement for their music?

Good enough i guess but cowon comes with a lot of kinks. Goofy UI,screen lag, file limit which usually gets removed later but you should check. I had a X9 and it used to sperg out and freeze on some of my cd rip flacs at 1411kbps.

I already have a note 8. Why shouldn't I just buy a LOD (razer phone dac is like $20) and an amp?

Do you all not have smartphones? What is the point of all of this?

If you're comfortable with your phone there is no reason to get a pmp. I personally couldnt give a shit about dacs and opamps. I just like having physical buttons and not draining my phones battery. Also consider the fiio a1 for a little meme amp.

I wont buy another fiio amp, the one I have(E11) got all loose in the headphone port after like 12 total hours of use. I bought it a long ass time ago to pair with my s3, but gave up on high quality portable audio for the next 5 years.

Yeah its not really worth it. So long as your phone can power your shit without hissing or being ultra quiet. My g5 plus is pretty weak but i cbf amping.

My DAP makes a better DAP than my cellphone does.

thoughts on the Hidizs-AP60?

Anything besides players with Rockbox support that can play Opus?