Corporatized Linux fucking sucks

Remind me again why shit like Gnome, systemd, Ubuntu, and RHEL even exist? Enterprise lock-ins? NSA funding? Somebody explain what this shitware brings to the table. Tell me why I should turn my back on the UNIX philosophy in favor of a big stupid hairball of services that looks like a microkernel failed abortion with Down's syndrome running around on three legs in the userland.

The UNIX philosophy has created software that's easy and pleasant to use, modify, and port. You get small resource footprints, small amounts of well documented code, and unmatched stability.

Now what's the opposite? The opposite is whatever the fuck Microsoft and Poettering do. There's not even a philosophy behind it. It's just pure chaos. Their philosophy might as well be "if it compiles and runs we ship it as is".

What do we do about this? How do we stop it?
>inb4 plan9
Legacy program compatibility through at least partial POSIX compliance is a good thing. Plan9 failed because it was made by spergs that don't care about making software that people can actually use. This is why 9front continues to fail. After all these decades I still can't even shitpost on Sup Forums from that stupid OS.

Attached: systemvirgin_vs_chadunix.png (3660x1346, 1.47M)

GNU's Not Unix nor Linux.

lol shut up virgin

You had me until you dissed Plan 9. I like good OSes, and I don't arbitrarily require that they come from the 1970s.

>Gnome, systemd, Ubuntu, and RHEL
Just don't use them. I don't.

muh UNIX philosophy
muh microkernels

You use BSD if you want truly free OS.

Attached: 1365425116685.jpg (1280x720, 95K)

You suck linux. Your OS sucks, your software sucks, nobody who matters uses it. Fuck you.

Hello winlet.

Stop being a fucking manchild.
Linux was not made to be a ricing machine.
Enterprise needs it, funds it and uses it fairly well. Look at commits to kernel per organization. Without corps you'd have nothing.
It's normal that for everyone's good system gets homigenized. So yeah, systemD is actually a good attempt. Maybe not done in the best way but hell, one day it will get there.
It's funny that you mention Ubuntu. They were the only ones who tried to be different and were hated for it. Upstart, Unity with different GTK, Mir. Shuttleworth finally saw that fuckers like you are ungratefull brats and decided to adopt Systemd, Gnome and Wayland because maintaining your own code is not worth it.
I partially agree, because I also hate massive, monolithic applications yet they are a way to bring standarization which Linux clearly needs.
I mean we, people working in enterprise, need. So fuck off.

This shit is literally worse than Windows at this point. I would use Windows 10 LTSB as my main OS if there weren't hobbyist distros without systemd. It's getting ridiculous with systemd having over a million lines of code.

Anything you can't audit in a single lifetime should be considered botnet trash, regardless of the source model.

Attached: 1514854135559.jpg (240x210, 5K)

You weren't supposed to post your first copy/pasted "ricing" shitshow in the desktop thread. That's why the other kids made fun of you and you hate Linux now.

>I would use Windows 10 LTSB as my main OS if there weren't hobbyist distros without systemd. It's getting ridiculous with systemd having over a million lines of code.
I autistically hate systemd and gnome (and I don't use either of them), but you are retard if you seriously believe this. Windows is completely unusuable. At least you can somewhat work with poettering-ware.

>"corporate lock-ims are bad!"
>defends OS X Aqua
Retard.

>I believe in software development by groups of people to give to the community but God FORBID they become richer by doing it!
you're a dumbass

>At least you can somewhat work with poettering-ware
Until it bricks your hardware.

>bitches about Aqua
>says nothing about Photon or CDE or IID
>gets this rectally reamed over a chad vs virgin meme

This has to do with code quality, not money. Besides, just imagine how many more people would buy Linux distros (you can sell GPL software) if they weren't trash. Your argument is gay, faggot.

Attached: fuck you pottering.png (1280x2084, 619K)

Most people buy these distros as they are, because they don't really care about inconsequential things unless they make software unusable, which most of the GNU projects are.

>big companies will eat shit from your hands if they think it'll help their bottom line
What's new?

Just because companies will buy any slapped together shit pile that doesn't mean it's right. The best software and hardware out there was created when real effort was put into making them as nice as possible. An example is SGI's IRIX. It was perfectly tailored to the best MIPS hardware around in the most unique and memorable cases. It had an awesome UI built on top of SysV UNIX, and stuff like 3D file manager. It was ridiculously expensive but had a good run and made lots of money.

But now it's all a race to the bottom. People literally weight out which turd will be the easiest to swallow. Do I want to run closed source spyware from Microsoft on x86 or do I want to run unoptimized RedHat spaghetti code trash on more x86? Hmmm... so many choices.

Guess what? Both are horrible. I just watched that /r9k/ guy eat a shotgun shell in another window and thought "god I wish that were me". Seems like every operating system out there is just the worst fucking Pajeet shit imaginable. Having to use Gnome on my personal workstation would be enough to seriously consider suicide. It's horrible software.

Attached: 1516503390777.gif (480x480, 3.07M)

There's plenty of hobbyist OS's out there for you to entertain yourself with. Supercomputers and servers run better on software produced software by large organizations with a common unifying goal and set of standards though.

>running servers with increased attack surface

It works for *BSD

>Just because companies will buy any slapped together shit pile that doesn't mean it's right.
If it works it is right. You just cant fathom someone using software because it does the job, not because it doesnt meet your criteria of "good" software.
>hurr i dont like it REEEEEEEE
Get over it, if you dont like give your own shot at making a nice piece of software. Of course it's a matter of time before someone spergs just like you just because you earn money doing your trade.

No, Plan 9 failed because lawyer meddling delayed its opensourcing by over a decade - in 1995, it was probably still possible to replace POSIX, not so much in 2010.
>was made by spergs
Keep telling yourself that.