youtube.com/watch?v=BiiiGxUcVAo
youtube.com/watch?v=BYCkhYDjikU
botanicalhouse.bandcamp.com/album/for-lovers-digital-2004
m.youtube.com/watch?v=L0JVSrklxvo
youtube.com/watch?v=PoCze4CNEms
youtube.com/watch?v=jmyfXqtAJys
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

they fucked up my chart thread

Stratosphere in top 10 nice. Deathconsciousness not so nice but u probably get that a lot lol

sup

deathconsciousness is literally the best album I have ever heard and is the only album where I have had surreal meditative bizarre experiences while laying in bed listening to, while literally in a different state of consciousness. There is no other album that achieves that level of depth, you make me angry that you could be that naive.

Recs pls I am so bored

Hmmm, maybe Hammock? Their album Raising Your Voice... is pretty good, along with Departure Songs.

Juana molia - wed 21
Paavoharju - Yhä Hämärää

>green day
titus andronicus - the monitor
>lana del rey, the xx
mazzy star, julee cruise, newer julia holter
>evanescence
chelsea wolfe - the abyss
>grimes
mariah - utakata no hibi

what's the title of anime eyes, and the album underneath flood

Hmmm. I am sorry that you feel that way. I just feel like Dan Barrett had a minor stroke of brilliance with the 2nd and 3rd tracks. But the rest, with the exception of the last two, are very amateurish.

Bardo Pond s/t

Nice chart, check out set fire to flames, gentle giant (especially free hand) and some early animal collective

Enter Shikari - Common Dreads
Maps & Atlases - Perch Patchwork

Lurk more.

Titus Andronicus
MF Doom
Can
Justice

>TBDM in top 5
oh, wow

Sleepytime Gorilla Museum
Battles
Oxbow
Pere Ubu
Public Image ltd
Rotten Sound

Viet Cong (aka preoccupations)
Fucked up
Kvelertak
Saint Vitus

i have a lazy

try rosetta stone course on english

I'm not very good at recommendations
+++++bo en, really fun stuff!
we have very similar taste
+all the Ween
+MGMT, BoC, Cocteau
You would probably like some post-punk i.e. Television - Marquee Moon, This Heat - Deceit, Gang of Four - Entertainment
Age of Adz is really the best isn't it
nice sinister chart, you might like Boom Bip & Doseone - Circle
Porter Ricks is incredible, the new autechre - elseq 5 reminded me of a reinvented dub techno
Keith Jarrett is beautiful as well, I'm not sure if I've listened to that release in particular though. Just the Koln Concert

Guess what instrument i play. other instrument/sing anons say something so we can play a fun game. Ill reply to everyone who wants to play

figured if i made my list tiny ill get more (you)'s

hm dunno why it did that.. anyways the This Heat album is supposed to be the one from 1979 at Scala Cinema before Garreth left, but they didnt have it

never heard of that this heat live album, do you have a link to it?

no u

i forgot to put arvo part - alina in there but it would def replace something

You're gonna love Bremen Lausanne if you like Köln
It's 2 hours of solo jarrett, so maybe you should listen to one concert at a time
will check out the new AE later this week i guess
Also, have you heard Vrioon and Fennesz's Black sea?

cool

hi, OP here. why does no one every reply to my chart? :(

whenever I make these threads no one replies to me either. I think it's just the layout of the site.

hm here's a blogspot i just googled. I torrented it a long while ago. Incredible setlist though. all its missing is Not Waving and it would have had their 3 best songs, imo. (not waving, a new kind of water, fall of saigon)

pretty cool. love the Bela Bartok and the Current 93

Rec me some jazz

Try "Rounds" by Four Tet, kinda similar to that Jon Hopkins album but with a more folksy vibe.

dieordiy2.blogspot.com/2014/09/this-heat-live-at-scala-cinemalondon.html

I am being really dumb today

I've listened to Becs by Fennesz which I really enjoyed, and I have also hear Endless Summer which I actually didn't like very much so, I remember it being rather uninteresting to me.

Definitely will listen to Black Sea and Vrioon though. Currently trying to find a download to Keith Jarrett's solo concert

people might hate on you but there's nothing wrong with liking catchy stuff

try As it Were by Marietta

>but u probably get that a lot
it's one of the most positively viewed albums put out in recent years, so i doubt he does other than by contrarians like yourself
nice chart tho homes

bow wow wow - See Jungle! See Jungle!

i think we would get along
listen to bert jansch or karen dalton

you always have the best aesthetics baka

the coup - party music

bass guitar

try out just before music by lonnie holley

>in a silent way
good, m8

Try get up with it. Listen to calypso fremilo with the lights off and maybe on some psychedelics.

>A love supreme
Try interstellar space and then ascension

Once you're comfy with Coltrane's free jazz, go back and listen to Ornette Coleman's.

I also always recommend Dogon A.D. as a great into free jazz.

youtube.com/watch?v=Z70ZSp2JOaM

>Try "Rounds" by Four Tet, kinda similar to that Jon Hopkins album but with a more folksy vibe.
Good suggestion as I already love that album
One of my favorite jazz albums is Mulatu Astatke - New York/Addis/London. Great chill ethiopian jazz. It's not technically impressive or intense in the way Bitches Brew is, or long and thematic like A Love Supreme, but it is supremely comfy.
thanks will check it out

Hell yeah about that age of adz boiii

i feel like Endless summer is overrated, it gets all the praise instead of other albums he's done. One of my least favs from the ones i've heard
I'm recycling this layout a lot i should start working on a new one

i am really bored so i will just do this anyways.
you play drums and are in a band. You play p far behind the beat
you were in band in middle school, but quit before high school. you now play guitar
you dont play an instrument
you quietly play acoustic guitar, but only in your room. You dont learn songs or write them, you just constantly improvise

srry for shittin up the thread hope someone gets enjoyment outta this

tfw the two guys that have good charts are probably gone

bizunesh bekele is really really good

i was a fully grown man when I emerged from babs bunny's birth canal

i actually love the aesthetics of your chart

also, peeping that lowlife
very underrated band

23 skidoo - seven songs
the sound - from the lion's mouth
the garden - haha

tfw you didn't do mine ):

we can't all be patrician user

>you quietly play acoustic guitar, but only in your room. You dont learn songs or write them, you just constantly improvise
quite accurate but i haven't played in a while

>you dont play an instrument

I've played guitar all my life though

ooh sorry, you did me too how rude of me. i don't play bass though, even though i think it plays a really interesting role.
hm i think you play guitar in a pop-punk band, but you arent happy with the effort your bandmates are putting in. you also dabble in production. you plan on getting serious about it, but you keep procrastinating

Eric's trip - Love Tara

Mob - I believe in you

Linda Perhacs - Parallellogram

Agalloch - The Mantle

Tangerine Dream - Phaedra

Ulver - Bergtatt

Roy Harper Stormcock

Seven Impale - City of the sun

Art Blakey and the jazz messengers - Free for all

Pentangle - Basket of light

Jeg er alene med et menneske jeg forakter, men allikevel setter mer pris på enn alle andre jeg har mott.

Album titles: pastebin.com/raw/68T5Vn1g

Philip Jeck – 7
Machinefabriek – Marijn
Big Blood – Big Blood & The Bleedin' Hearts
Kayo Dot – Choirs Of The Eye
Brainbombs – Obey

Mark Murphy – Rah
Orriel Smith – A Voice In The Wind
Suzanne Vega – S/T

Marion Brown – Why Not
Pharoah Sanders – Izipho Zam (My Gifts)
Clifford Jordan Quartet – Glass Bead Games
Ahmed Abdul-Malik – Eastern Moods
Hiroshi Suzuki – Cat

i've been quietly rec'ing people from the beginning

please rec me some serious shit. preferably Japanese things or things that were inspired by Japan.

nicee

meme - chitotetochi is neat japanese freak folk
youtube.com/watch?v=v79_ehE6NQY

thank you, best rec I've received in weeks

Wipers-Youth of America
Pretend-Bones in the Soil Rust in the Oil
and since you're a drummer
Benny Greb-Moving Parts < :

Les Rallizés Dénudés - Mizutani
the whole Kengo Iuchi discography
Jun Togawa
Cycheouts

awesome! I really like how it can go from cozy instrumental strumming to really brooding noises, almost reminds me of luciano cilio

listen to folksongs and instrumentals with guitar by elizabeth cotten if you like john fahey

i made a new chart because i have nothing to do
but i noticed that i neglected to put any hip on here really
fuck
i actually used to play in a pop punk band back in high school, but i hardly keep up with the guys anymore
but in all honestly we all got along, we were never that serious about it

this is a pretty good assessment though

youtube.com/watch?v=ZsQ3BhfhJzU

i am pretty sure you are the one who showed me the Cave of Forgotten OST. thank you for that. I assume the film is great as well?

yeah it's probably one of the greatest documentaries ever

rec me music like the yoshi's island soundtrack

Dude I love Benny but how the hell did you guess I was a drummer? Nice digits btw

literally anyone could have rec'd you that
try a little harder please

help

no

youtube.com/watch?v=2m00b4qb82g

Kazumi Nikaido
very good chamber folk/artsy stuff

youtube.com/watch?v=BiiiGxUcVAo

Hiroshi Yoshimura, another great Japanese Artist

cool i really like benny grebs drumming, but im not so sure i would listen to the album if i wasn't so interested in drumming. i dont play drums btw just used to jam a lot with a great drummer. i guessed because there is a lot of albums with great drumming on your chart. Frances, Disco Volante, To be Kind, Can, Starsailor, etc etc. It just seemed to be a theme

wait I don't like that background anymore. new chart

okay modify your recs for this update. taste 2.0

jk

I can dig the top half of this, not so set on Grimes or Prince though

Did you guys just decide not to put the final album on your chart or did it disappear when you hit download?

I need to figure out why this is happening and whether or not it's a systemic problem.

Yeah I guess you're right, I probably pay a lot of attention to the drums since I play them myself, thanks for the recs!

youtube.com/watch?v=BYCkhYDjikU

> Kazumi Nikaido
> very good chamber folk/artsy stuff
wow I like this a lot

>Philip Jeck – 7
>Machinefabriek – Marijn
>Big Blood – Big Blood & The Bleedin' Hearts
>Kayo Dot – Choirs Of The Eye
>Brainbombs – Obey
thank you very much for the suggestions! I'm not sure what I could recommend you, but if you like brainbombs, try flipper, try drunks with guns, rectal hygienics, and no trend.

it was robert wyatt's nothing can stop us
it just didn't download with the rest of the chart

ok

>help
just get a tattoo that says "radiohead isn't as great as I think it is" and your taste will being to grow on its own again.

recs if you please

nice to see some love for schoenberg

how do i into mr bungle and/or ween?

listen to them

see if you like it or not

don't force yourself to like something

i'm asking what album to start with

i want to talk about drums with you < : what do you think of This Heat's drummer? he's one of my favorites. I really like the style of drumming in This Heat, Aunt Sally, Dirty Three. just a little sloppy and improvised sounding. it really heats my oven.
I got jealous of all the aesthetic charts and attempted to make mine look nice. but how in tf do are people putting these backgrounds on them?? pls dont say photoshop
try this. botanicalhouse.bandcamp.com/album/for-lovers-digital-2004 They are like a Japanese beach boys, but more city-pop Japanese goodness at times.

Bungles most straightforward album is California so I guess that'd be a good place to start, pretty poppy songs but still a lot of experimentation going on. If you like that listen to Disco Volante and their Self titled, Disco Volante is probably their most experimental out of the three.

in this case i just put 9 covers in a background picture
and yes it's photoshop but it's not hard at all

ITT: Sup Forums JAPAN EDITION

Wow aunt sally is such a great album

Lmao xD

i would go straight into volante. when i tried getting into Mr.Bungle i wasn't really feeling the self titled, so i decided to skip to disco volante and really enjoyed that. after that i was able to go back and enjoy both california and s/t
i guess its time to finally pirate ps then
yaaa user < : it is a great one.

Just wondering what people think of Ataxia-Automatic Writing I. John Frusciante used to be my absolute favorite guitarist when i first started playing, and especially this project. I know it's great, but i also ofc have nostalgia glasses on. so if anyone has heard it or wants to listen im curious as to what you think of it. Frusciante's guitar playing is rather Fripp-like and I feel the whole album is p 70's Crimson influenced. Sorry for making this into some /daily/-blog shit, not really the thread for it but you guys are cool, so hopefully its chill

I haven't actually listened to This Heat yet, but i've been meaning to check them out for a long time. I do really love the drumming on Ocean Songs by Dirty Three though, really like how he only uses kick, ride, snare and hi-hats, it really fits the music and just feels very free and dynamic in a jazzy sort of way.
My favourite drummer at the moment is probably a guy called JP Bouvet, I think he has a great mixture of really great technique but also great groove and dynamics.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=L0JVSrklxvo

Each album is so different that there's not really "one album" to get into.

If you're coming from jazz, start with volante. If you're coming from avant-garde metal or faith no more, start with california. If you're coming from avant-rock start with S/T.

>what people think of Ataxia-Automatic Writing
Just opened the album on YouTube and I like what I hear so far. In fact, your chart has been pretty inspiration to me.

Every once and a while I find a chart in this thread that's like "where I want to go next" and maybe your chart is it. (if this is your chart).

is mine

Ya i completely agree with the free and dynamic sound. I noticed it more on Horse Stories, but when he changes from brushes to sticks i get frissons everytime.

Some of those mind-fuck time changes this guy does are pretty cool. Im a fan of his drum sound as well. that groove at like 2:30 is sweet. I sometimes mess around on drums when my drummer leaves em in the practice space at my house. I really want to be able to improvise like this guy someday. he is creative. drums are so physically expressive and feel good to play. Its fucking therapeutic. sometimes i worry ive picked the wrong instrument. i guess it isnt too late to be good at both
ya that is mine. waow thanks user that makes me feel really good. our taste seems pretty similar anyways. Ive been away from Sup Forums for a while, but i think i will get back into it. I hope to see our charts progress as we listen to more and more music!

oh ya i forgot! LISTEN user! PLEASE

youtube.com/watch?v=PoCze4CNEms

That new topsters site is better than the original

that's objectively wrong

Dunno it's faster to find/add albums on it and it looks better overall

that's objectively true

thanks, I'll check them out.

Oh man that Mimaroglu + Hubbard album is good stuff.

Wow this is really cool, I love the synchronised drums and bass at around the 2:15 mark, ill check out the whole thing tomorrow.
And yeah, he's really good at improvising, and he's been a huge inspiration on myself since he has a website with a bunch of lessons and stuff on. He also does this vlog series where he just kinda travels the world and does drum related stuff, and he just seems like a cool dude which is part of why i like his drumming so much

also this:

youtube.com/watch?v=jmyfXqtAJys

Eric's Trip - Love Tara
Richard Youngs - Air of the ears
Пocлeдниe Кaникyлы: Poмaшкa

Spiderland is on there twice btw