HP Prime Finally Got 3D Graphing

Finally the developers at HP updated the Prime with a first party 3D graph program. Coincidentally Casio released their first 3D graphing caluclator that has a stylus to go with their touch screen.

Attached: PRIME.jpg (960x577, 147K)

HP sux. Where is this Casio you speak of?

>fx-CG500
It exists and being sold. I'm not forking over 130 just to play with it, but it looks like a real competitor to the niche non-TI market. Next to nobody owns it at the moment.

hows the RPN on the prime? Never picked one up just because I read it wasn't optimal like the 50g or 35s.

Fuck Casio, fuck TI, HP or bust. Swiss Micros gets an honorable mention since they make clones of HP calculators.

Is there any reason to buy a dedicated calculator unless you're a student who needs to use it in exams?

Sure

Can you give an example? When is a calculator like the one in the OP preferable to Wolfram Alpha, in situations where you are allowed to use a general-purpose, networked device?

When I feel like using a calculator. I don't need to switch windows or anything, I keep what I'm doing up and do the calculations separate from the computer. I also just enjoy using dedicated devices, and I can guarantee I'm not the only one.

Fucking meme spouting idiot

Does the Casio have a SD slot?

Why not just use a fucking phone
Honesty

More reliable than phones. A little insurance against SPOF.

>zero buttons
I have zero interest.

every hp product ive used has been garbage. and their customer support is also garbage. hp is literally probably the worst technology company. shit you find in /csg/ threads are vastly superior to hp products

huh? hp is garbage bro. their laptops are literally disposable. i got a mouse from them that never worked right. ive used so many hp desktops whose fans blare at 120% because the motherboards started shitting the bed. seriously fuck hp. how is this even a meme? if anything, hps continued existence is a meme

This. My calculator's gone years without a battery change, try doing that with a cellphone.

>their laptops suck so their calculators must too
Go be retarded somewhere else, HP makes god-tier calculators and no anecdotal experiences with other non-calculator HP devices nor memes about HP will change this fact.

just buy a 50g you fucks

Buttons are so 20th century. Enjoy your eventual mechanical failure.

>giving your money to a company that makes primarily garbage
no thank you

every key on my Apple IIe, which was made about 35 years ago, still works fine

I'll take eventual mechanical failure over a failed abortion any day. By the way, my 12C's decades old, buttons are still satisfyingly clicky.

Enjoy your sub-par calculator

not that guy, but you actually don't know the quality of hp calculators. Maybe don't speak on things you don't know about until you get informed.
BTW, it seems the prime with hardware C is getting a lot of praise by some. Some even saying it surpasses the ti-inspire.

HP's products are mostly of a very good and consistant quality. they nearly always support gnu/linux os's. and are mostly priced just right.

i dont care about the quality of hp calculators. my ti calculators work fine, and im sure everyones elses calculators are fine too, its a fucking calculator

i am not going to give my money to a company that specializes in making the shitties most disposable electronics imaginable. no amount of nice fucking calculators will redeem hp

>HP's products are mostly of a very good
lol no

> consistant quality
consistently shitm sure

>they nearly always support gnu/linux os's
not sure i believe they support linux more than most.

Can i use RPL in it?

>my ti calculators work fine
You can't even use RPN.

While working as a TA during my grad school, I noticed the kids that struggled the most used HP or Casio calculators. Granted this was a undergrad senior level business class, not enginerding, they still struggled the most. The TI BA II+ was just far better than anything else. You also can't go wrong with the TI 36X Pro.

>some of my classmates didn't use TI calculators and they did poorly so TI calculators are clearly better

Attached: 1475615210498.jpg (510x384, 25K)

One, never proclaimed such, just made a casual non-scientific observation. Two, the comments about the BA II and the 36X are strictly my personal opinion. i could have separated that train of thought better, but alas, it is super late. I am tired.

So tired a misquoted this. Also, they would't be classmates if I was their TA.

I use HP prime emulator for running quick numbers but I'm into engineering/commerce. If you're software guy I guess you don't need stuff like that.

Attached: Clipboard01.png (557x790, 198K)

>Finally the developers at HP updated the Prime with a first party 3D graph program. Coincidentally Casio released their first 3D graphing caluclator that has a stylus to go with their touch screen.

Looking up hp prime 3d graphing on youtube has results from 4 years ago. What's new?

How to use functions in Prime algebraic mode?

Like %CHANGE gives just syntax error in algebraic while in rpn I can input numbers is stack and I get result.