WiFi Name Prank

If you want to make a funny WiFi name permanent somewhere you could use one of these devices. It is a portable WiFi router with a battery and charger. Essentialy you could make a network with a custom name and then plug it into an outlet anywhere. If the outlet is concealed enough it could take a long time to find. You can also let it run off the battery temporarily. There are also ones that are just the battery and router so you can power it off USB. So have

Attached: D9EE0DD2-5B65-46D3-BD6A-6D1BFDD38639.png (640x1136, 108K)

Fun

Does it need to connect to an existing network?

No it does not need an internet connection to function you can host a WiFi network without an internet connection and it will show up in the list but you can’t connect to the internet on it. It can bridge an existing network as well if you want to use data through it.

If you hid one of these well enough it would be nearly impossible to find. If you shut power off to the building the battery will power it until power is back on. If you hardwired it and hid this behind a wall it could be a permanent addition to all kinds of buildings and an excellent way to make a political statement. You can also control them with your phone so as long as your in WiFi range you can change it.

Or a single ESP32 spoofing hundreds of different APs at once for $3...

Someone Name it “Hitler Did Nothing Wrong” and put it in congress

Or use multiple ESP 32’s and put them in coffee shops around California

I know I'm super smart and already know what's bridging a connection means but my friend is dumb so maybe you could explain to him

can a raspberry pi host an access point? you could use one of those and run a webserver on it so when people try to get free internets they get redirected to it.

so uncreative and infantile

lmao this

This.
Also put in court that did nazi pug fiasko.

>paying $45 for a wifi name prank
european Sup Forums hours are the worst

Or you just buy a Esp8266 Development Board for 5 $, flash a script on it (github: spacehuhn / wifi deuather) and then you can generate like 50 Networks or deauth other people. (Kick them out of the network) You dont even need to be in the network to kick them, and you got a nice web interface.

Just plug a usb cable in it, connect it to a laptop or powerbank and connect to it via wifi and accses the web interface.

Attached: wifi_NodeMCU_v2_Lua_based_ESP8266_3__96189.1434650225.500.500.jpg (500x375, 58K)

Signal would be too weak so it would always show up at the bottom of the list and not many would notice

Or you buy a GL.iNet AR150 for 25$ and flash the wifi pineapple firmware on it. You can add troll modules like automatic redirection to a nyan cat gif with music etc.

Attached: 796a705efb571c7a1847ed1d10ae1b6fc66f0c0f.jpg (700x500, 40K)

>If the outlet is concealed enough it could take a long time to find
>If you hid one of these well enough it would be nearly impossible to find
If it's enough of a nuisance, anyone can just open up wifi analyzer or whatever, play a bit of the hot/cold game and hammertime your little prank once located.
Most people won't care, obviously.
Still, why not do it for shits and giggles, ought to give some random nerd a chuckle occasionally.

>prank

Attached: 90b.jpg (346x450, 17K)

Yeah, they should have called it a meme.

Surely they'd notice if there was 50+ networks

More detail on this please?

It would be simple for an enterprise-grade wireless system to locate and/or jam a rogue access point. I guess it could work at a smaller business until the IT guy gets a ticket and decides to walk around the office with his laptop to find it.

I suppose you could just run an esp8266 with an id of gasthekikes. I dont know how long a battery would last though

This + this

Attached: HGnnQV5q.jpg (800x795, 259K)

You are a retard. Even pajeets know how to spam beacon frames.

With enough of these scattered in the city you could make a new, uncensored network. In case net neutrality this time vanishes for sure.