I am probably the only person on here who likes gnome. i probably have the autism

i am probably the only person on here who likes gnome. i probably have the autism

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-03-21 02-27-43.png (1366x768, 725K)

>the autism

>a desktop environment that depends on systemd
no thanks

me autist too

no you are not alone

>one autist making several kde threads each day vs the i don't give enough fucks to give him (you)s majority

why should i give a fuck about that?

the default alt-tab is really awful if have a lot of terminals open

>only DE that handles high dpi scaling well out of the box
>only DE that doesnt look ugly and disproportionate when scaled
>only DE that works with multiple monitors with different dpi
There are reasons to use gnome

I'm using gnome, too.
however, there is a memory leak on it.
every time you press the super button/application overview, gnome-shell consumes more RAM

i really like gnome and would happily use it if it wasn't for the resource usage. for how simple the entire environment is the gnome developers have to be the dumbest fuckers on the entire planet to use over 1G of memory for the DE alone and still have it lag and bug out constantly. i just settled for setting up xfce to work like openbox with a simple bar on top. it's comfy enough with fedora's default jellyfish background and the adwaita theme. it's fast, light, and the compositor gives me less shit in a week than mutter gives me in a 10 minute period. seriously though, that jellyfish background is the best since i started using fedora in 2009.

Is this the new cuckhat shill thread?

Explain this.

Attached: 1522057705970.png (705x768, 394K)

Except it can't properly scale certain header bars on the most common DPI ootb. That, or they were made by a total fucking imbecile.

>the autism
Ya, but the new gnome is nice, just tied to systemd bs so enjoying it for me is a thing of the past

>Anki
I see you are also a gentleman of exquisite taste

Just install a theme if you dont like thicc bars it literally takes 2 clicks

Clearly GNOME project is just trying to build some sort of universal GUI shell for the linux platform to be used in all sorta of touchscreen devices, refrigerators and etc,clearly is not supposed to be used in desktop with a mouse in keyboard anymore, you can, but you're declaring to be a shithead,

Attached: Gnomelogo.svg.png (402x488, 14K)

>ubuntu18.04
>1,2GB on idle
windows tier

>what is cinnamon

>what is cinnamon
Literally gnome with different defaults?

On the contrary, the people who do not like it dislike it because they have autism.

a shitty de

>people who do not like eating shit from their hands are autistic

you can make custom keybindings though. But yeah Gnome is doing they're own thing and all the screeching autists can fork and customise it into oblivion as much as they want. So all the hate is really unwarranted. Despite its stability the real criticism of gnome is the inconsistent performance and memory leaks.

i like it too bro

This pissed me off too! Pottering is just a meme trick, he says that nobody is forced to use system d while pushes GNOME to be systemd dependant and all Linux platform to be systemd dependant

I've never understood the "built for touchscreens" meme. The way gnome integrates toolbars into the titlebar to fit in fat buttons makes it significantly easier for me to click, which is greatly appreciated since I use a high DPI to minimize strain.

Use whatever you want to use, but we can't pretend Gnome is not a complete cluster fuck.

you can remove it its just the default just like on windows where there is a search button but pressing start will also let you search