What does Sup Forums think of the E10K DAC? Is there better available for the same price/lower?

What does Sup Forums think of the E10K DAC? Is there better available for the same price/lower?

Attached: 103a82b98280c70c5d316af739770125.png (867x514, 233K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/SMSL-Sap-II-PRO-Black-Headphone/dp/B017VXNLS6
amazon.com/PreSonus-AudioBox-iOne-Recording-System/dp/B00KBMAJU8
amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00TTX73YA/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A35ATNU92FJ7LH&psc=1
twitter.com/AnonBabble

i was originally going to get the E10K but went for a SMSL sAp II. to be honest i don't know anything about it other than what you're looking at is USB powered. sAp II doesn't have a bass bump like this E10K does, but it supposedly doesn't add any colorization so you can get a feel of what the musicians originally intended or something like that

here take a look
amazon.com/SMSL-Sap-II-PRO-Black-Headphone/dp/B017VXNLS6

75 bucks just for a headphones amp? :))

Add like 25-50 bucks more and get a proper audio interface and you get way more functionality, including headphone amplification.

You don't need massive amplification for headphones, unless you're planning to destroy your hearing, for some reason.

It's a meme and people buy such shit just because they love boxy technology that does some discrete thing, instead of getting integrated solutions that do a lot more for just slightly more money.

Why get an audio interface when you don't need the features?

Because 75 bucks just for a headphones amp is a waste, it's not cost-efficient. And you're wasting space with that box on your desktop that does only one thing. Then if you need other stuff for audio, like something to drive a mic, you buy another box etc.

Do you have any suggestions user?

the "how to be an online voice actor" video series from soulbrothanumbuh3 on youtube has a pretty handy buyers guide. for $60-$75 you can get a presonus audiobox USB or art dual pre off of ebay.
watch more soulbrotha vids.

Get any entry-level audio interface from the major makers, like Presonus, Roland, Focusrite, Yamaha, Steinberg, etc.

You get a lot more for 100 bucks than by spending 75 bucks on something that does only one thing. You can plug a mic in it, you can manage the volume on your speakers too, and you have a headphones amp too. Just make sure you get one that has a dedicated knob for controlling volume on the headphones too.

For example:
- Presonus AudioBox iOne
- Audient iD4
- Novation Audiohub 2x4
- Roland Rubix22
- Focusrite Scarlett Solo mk2

It's silly to buy something you don't need.

Hm, actually forget about the Audient iD4, it costs 199 bucks, so it's too expensive for what you need.

I've seen a presonus audiobox for like 80 bucks on amazon though. Seems like an alright deal.

It's fucking terrible. Don't buy it.

Then plug your headphones in your PC directly. You don't really need headphone amplification, that's a meme. Unless you have some weird impedance on those headphones that the PC can't drive, which I doubt.

No, plugging my headphones into my PC directly is shit. There's no isolation, I get all the noise and hiss. Meanwhile, my E10k and my 40 dollar usb stick dac/amp have both eliminated that, powers my headphones properly, and also outputs to my speaker amp. Don't be worse than the audiophools buying thousand dollar DACs thinking they do something different than the 100 dollar ones. And actually, I purchased an audio interface when I was doing home recording, it was pure shit. A nightmare of a device that barely ever worked properly, and was ugly on top of everything.

Look OP, this one seems like an OK deal to me:

amazon.com/PreSonus-AudioBox-iOne-Recording-System/dp/B00KBMAJU8

Check the price on the new one, at 89.99 bucks.

You have volume knob for headphones, master volume knob for your whole audio output, balanced outputs (at 90 bucks!), you have an extra USB for connection with an external device, you have one XLR mic input in case at some point you want to use a proper mic, you have an instrument line input too, gain knobs for both, and bundled software in the same package.

All for 89 bucks. Not bad. Presonus makes decent interfaces. Not shilling, I don't even have one, I have a Yamaha mixer-interface myself.

>Add like 25-50 bucks more and get a proper audio interface and you get way more functionality, including headphone amplification.
Only that the headphone amp sections on audio interfaces aren't the main focus of the unit and are often just decent enough for monitoring while recording, but not for actual music listening.

>It's a meme and people buy such shit just because they love boxy technology
So... you're shitting on people for getting boxy technology, while at the same time advocating for getting bigger and uglier boxes that come with features you know you won't be needing, and where the one feature you're looking for is often on the level of an afterthought? Okay.

>75 bucks just for a headphones amp
Correction: a DAC/amp combo. With 3.5mm and coaxial line outs for hooking up active speakers, a beefier headphone amp further down the line, etc..

>And you're wasting space
A whopping 7.5 x 5 x 2cm box. Oh, the waste of space!

>1/4" output
>optical, USB and coax input
>wall power instead of USB
>no blindingly blue LED
>$10 cheaper

What are you waiting for, OP?

Attached: 51Nga-mavjL._SL1001_.jpg (1001x1001, 54K)

>headphone amp sections on audio interfaces aren't the main focus of the unit and are often just decent enough for monitoring while recording, but not for actual music listening.

What exactly do you mean by this, the total output decibels are not enough for you? You want more volume than the maximum volume you get from a headphone amp in an interface? Are you trying to throw a party in the neighbourhood by using your headphones only? lol

Do whatever you like then, but then why do you even ask for advice. You want people to confirm your choices?

That user is not OP. I'm OP and I appreciate your input.

Audio interfaces have very poor amplifiers. High output impedance and close to no power. Basically, they make for a shit amp 99% of the time.

Get the Topping D30 and A30 if you're after a DAC/Amp combo.
People say the A30 has impedance but I have no issues with it at all, been using it with K702 for a few days now.

>wall power
impractical garbage

Vapor chink shit, tho.

You guys are clueless about proper audio tech and buy "aesthetic" memes.

>why do you even ask for advice
I doubt he's the OP, but your advice is shit. He asks about x and you recommend him y instead.

Amir measured this thing, and it turned out to be complete shit. A lot of distortions, the only good thing about it is that it provides a lot of power for very cheap.

Which specific advice is shit, maybe you think boxy chinkshit memes are good audio equipment, lmao.

Fucking fiifo, shiito and other such bullshit crap that no studio or pro ever uses. Except for some fat weeaboo that you guys follow on youtube. kek

>Don't be worse than the audiophools buying thousand dollar DACs thinking they do something different than the 100 dollar ones.
They do, but it's only noticeable and useful audio production. Mainly and the most noticeably, more instrument inputs and higher quality pre amps (similar to ones used on high-end mixing boards). Of course an audio interface isn't needed for listening to music, because of modern motherboards. If you by any chance have a motherboard from the 90's, even then an investment in an audio interface would be more expensive than a new motherboard.

Useful for*

You are a fucking retard though. Wall power is the way to go with DACs. It's actually technically superior solution because if you are using usb powered device connected to shit quality device (like PC with trash PSU, laptop with trash mobo) you are likely to get worse performance (highed jitter, distortions) unless you run powered hub in between (sometimes sold as those audiophool "signal" cleaners or whatever). Unless you consider running powered hub as an additional device "practical".
You completely bypass this with wall brick or built in PSU.

>lmao
>kek
Oh, I see. You're an 18 year old recording music in your mother's basement and your "boxy chink shit" is good.

Even expensive modern motherboards are worse than a cheap external DAC.

Nah, that's not why you should get a powered device, it's because if shit happens, your powered device won't get fried.

That's a myth, desu, I've recently connected my powered speakers directly to my PC and compared the quality of the sound to the one I get when I pass the speakers thru my Yamaha mixer-interface.

I didn't really notice a significant difference. But the mixer does give me a lot more physical controls over different things. And an XLR mic input.

>Unless you consider running powered hub as an additional device "practical".
that's quite literally as practical as your wall-bound dac, except that i don't do this shit and am happy regardless

OP here. What about this?
amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00TTX73YA/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A35ATNU92FJ7LH&psc=1

I know Behringer get a lot of shit, but everything I've bought from them in the past has been great.

>That's a myth
I'm literally describing my experiences with multiple computers. I now use a 40 dollar dac at work on my expensive work computer because the line out had obnoxious noise

Unless you're trying to build a home studio for cheap, that makes no sense.

I get it that's a cheeky suggestion, tho.

I'm not . Just buy better headphones, it's the least expensive and the easiest option.

Do you people even what this is for? It makes sense for you to recommend studio equipment if you're the seller there.

>dac
Topping D10.
>amp
Magni 3.
>headphones
HD600, obviously.

How big is Topping D10? Any reference?

>Topping D10
wew lad

Better headphones will be more accurate and pick up even more interference and noise.

This is so typical of Sup Forums, recommending some shitty "aesthetic" metal-box just because of memes, and ignoring actual tested and proven equipment that is used by professionals.

Sup Forums is truly shit when it comes to talking actual tech or recommending some. It's full of consumerist shit that people buy just because it looks nice to them.

No wonder the people that actually know shit don't even bother anymore, probably. So you get a circlejerk of consumerist whores exchanging views on their aesthetic preferences for dank metal boxes.

Attached: laffn.png (393x391, 216K)

Amen, my £40 Cambridge Audio USB Dacmagic XS is such a bump in audio clarity compared to my MoBo's realtek shit

sound cards 4 lyfe

Just get an O2

Just get an ODAC+O2 and be done with it until you catch the electrostatic meme.

Creative Sound Blaster Digital Music Premium HD USB
Actually better than most of the 'no name' chinese DACs
Skips stupid shit like OLED screens and brushed aluminum for better hardware in the audio chain
EAX

PCB pic related.
Quite literally better than anything posted in this thread so far.

Attached: XUHD-inside.jpg (1285x971, 664K)

It has pretty bad output impedance.

>Sup Forums is truly shit when it comes to talking actual tech or recommending some.
hurr durr I can post old memes and make stupid ass generalizations based on one poor post.
If you think it's bad advice, tell us all what you think it's good advice, being a huge cumguzzler edgelord that uses reddit spacing isn't helping anyone.

>>And you're wasting space
>A whopping 7.5 x 5 x 2cm box. Oh, the waste of space!

You can't argue with retards like this.

>tell us all what you think [is] good advice
not asking for advice on Sup Forums

>HURR DURR REDDIT SPACING
why don't you go back since you're so fond of the place

Why doesnt some giant company just mass manufacture cheap amps or interfaces, why are they so expensive?
>ok we got a dac chip for 1$, rest of the parts are like 12$ we need some margins so lets say its 20$ for the end user

>Why doesnt some giant company just mass manufacture cheap amps or interfaces, why are they so expensive?
Probably due to dedicated amps, DACs and interfaces being a relatively small niche market, at least compared to the big sellers like monitors, GPUs, RGB lighted shit, etc.

just cover the led with electrical tape

Whatever was in my macbook pro 2012 didn't drive HD600 properly and gave it a mid bass bump vs stand alone dac/amp from JDS labs (Element) that sounded 'clearer' (and I even disliked it in a way).

what i'm just trying to have a portable setup? and good dacs under 100$

I used to have one and then it died :(

Ifi idsd nano

/thread

I have a fiio e10, good little thing but I recently bought a pair of ath-a990z.
Should I upgrade and roughly what should I be looking at?

Anything by shiit or fiio, they make the best audio gear.

I just use the rear output which isn't distorted. Problem is that the dial does not adjust its volume since it is not hooked to the amplifier.
I only use the front input with the amplifier for the bass boost feature and have a small cheap A/B stereo switch box to switch connection on the fly between the two.

It works.
It doesn't sound any better than the built in one on my mobo, but it got the annoying buzzing noise to go away from my gpu.