rateyourmusic.com/~ElectricLizard
rateyourmusic.com/~runtheswans
rateyourmusic.com/artist/dangelo
rateyourmusic.com/~detcgb
rateyourmusic.com/~pooinloo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

rateyourmusic.com/~EtInArcadiaEgo

Rec me a movie plz

OK OK OK OK I'm sick of all you avatar tripfaggots polluting these threads, you bring nothing of value and shit up what might actually be good music discusisons. Fuck. You. All.

oh

rateyourmusic.com/~boldfaure

i hope you don't mean me

Everyone listen to the new PUP it fucking bangs

Me irl: rateyourmusic.com/~YHofSuburbia

Do you like any black music?

>rateyourmusic.com/collection/YHofSuburbia/r5.0
bait, the profile.

Nárcisz és Psyché

The Cat in the Hat

Read the first line in my other comments section on my profile pham :-)

rateyourmusic.com/~Adngai

you should watch House of Tolerance
maybe
whats it about

Beethoven

youtube.com/watch?v=CvC-JECLwqI

Hating life and being angry and shit

already watched it but yes a good one

youtube.com/watch?v=cpZ9stU_O7E

What kind of a question is that

that one too

I hope you don't watch movies on YouTube btw

rateyourmusic.com/~givemeallurmusic

very new to the site. would love recs

a trap

What's their to rec you when you've listened to so little? Go listen to essentials and form some taste then you'll get recs

what if i have a healthy optimism abt life )^:

it still goes hard pham

Yes because watching films on the laptop screen is so much better. Ofc not. I am a former film student, i try to get the stuff in the highest quality possible.
Anyway...Here's another rec: youtube.com/watch?v=0B2DVUpCycU

this might be autistic. seriously?
>what's there to rec when you've listened to so little?
that doesn't make any sense. there'd be less to rec if i listened to more

not that guy but this is not true lol

what are you even saying? stop watching movies on YouTube dude, it's bad for you.

rateyourmusic.com/~nothingandnowhere

>not renting movies on YouTube
it's cheap and convenient fag

>paying for movies
kek

how? if i listened to more music, there'd be less music out there that somebody could tell me to listen to. And also, I just started last night and went through my immediate playlist. it isn't a complete list of all the music i've heard.

People can't rec you things unless you got a foundation of taste that they can base your recs off of. That's why you need to listen to more shit.

what's the deal with avant-teens and modern classical?
what's the deal with avant-teens and bach?
what's the deal with avant-teens and those two coltrane albums they seem to have listened to?

If you've only listened to a few things, there are fewer branching paths we can show for you to go to.
If you've listened to lots of things, we have a much clearer picture of what you would like.

>avant-teens and modern classical?
Feldman and Scelsi and Lachenmann and Cerha are easy to listen to in the background and pretend to "get"
>avant-teens and bach?
Beethoven's too popular.
Mozart's too hard for them to understand.
Bach's got "cred" attached to him.
Then they go to the Keller Quartet recording of Bach, because ECM is all they know.
>and those two coltrane albums
ALS is great.
Ascension is free jazz and the only jazz they know is Coltrane so...

these make sense. sorry, i was misinterpreting. i've still got to add everything. just started late last night.

rateyourmusic.com/~thedb
rateyourmusic.com/~thedb
rateyourmusic.com/~thedb
rateyourmusic.com/~thedb
rateyourmusic.com/~thedb

That film i just rec'd, i have the dvd box with all the director films. Stop projecting things ffs.

then stop posting YouTube links of films

this doc is disgusting

is applecat a troll

mozart is the shit
what are your favorite works of his

Nice try xus.

how you know it's me
sorry for bothering you

rateyourmusic.com/~underr

the whole classical period is shit

How is it shit?

what the fugg am i supposed to do if an album/artist isn't on RYM

yes clearly, don't talk to him

add them

Add it to the database?

This is how the website functions, really, it's dependent on user contributions and they're missing truck loads of artists outside of the Western rock/pop/metal/jazz/classical canon.

>add release
>do something slightly outside of RYM autismo ettiquette
>mod starts shouting at you through the keyboard
Not worth it

Yeah I started adding the artist and apparently there's a voting phase

Fuck that, if people are gonna be anal about what I add then it's not worth it

>Fuck that, if people are gonna be anal about what I add then it's not worth it
Oh trust me they will be

what the fuck's with this uptick of autists bitching here about having to not be a fucking retard when submitting profiles? no one cares that you're so autistic that you're too scared to get a correction from an anonymous stranger on the internet. and no you fucking retard, creating new albums doesn't require moderator approval.

t. Sharrifi

(You)

Don't feel obliged or pressured to do it obviously, but if you ever want to add artists to the database that's the way to do so.

Several RYM users, including forum-goers have this odd attitude where it feels like everything they type comes across as lecturing or "shouting at you through the keyboard." The attitude on some of them is shit over there, especially that one guy (name is lost on me) who drops in to quickly quote somebody with an opinion they disagree with and I swear it feels like a hawkish bitchy science teacher dropping in to tell you how wrong you are, so fucking annoying. Completely understandable that somebody wouldn't want to deal with them.

rateyourmusic.com/~BitchAssGenius

Check out my page and love/hate on my taste

it's literally just boldfaure angered over the fact that a mod told him to correct one minute aspect. No one else has complained about the trouble of adding artists/albums.

>where it feels like everything they type comes across as lecturing or "shouting at you through the keyboard."
Not me, just with the mods.

I've encountered it for every single thing I've done to edit the website. Not my fault I don't have autism.

>mod starts shouting at you
are you twelve
just do what they say and don't fuck up the database it's not challenging

Which artist?

Christian Artmann

dude I saw the interaction between you (boldfaure, I presume) and the mod that you posted here yesterday, you were asked a simple request and you fucked it up, everything you say in these threads comes off like a fucking ironic joke, i'm actually too blown away by the shit you say to believe that you're ever being sincere.

rateyourmusic.com/~ElectricLizard
wew

t. people who don't care about music

the only time i've had issues with a mod is in the image queue
adding bands is easy

who here /listening to slowcore instead of something new & exciting/

k,ill me

i want to believe that shes real

rateyourmusic.com/~runtheswans

What artist has the highest average RYM score and why is it D'Angelo?

rateyourmusic.com/artist/dangelo

I get the feeling that loads of the people going on about how great d'angelo is don't actually listen to or give a shit about funk or r'n'b or soul or any of that

rateyourmusic.com/~jamaro

Do you all rate based on personal enjoyment of an album or on the album's influence / contribution to the musical canon/its respective scene?

>Do you all rate based on personal enjoyment of an album or on the album's influence / contribution to the musical canon/its respective scene?
The two are in tandem.
In classical music you don't have a composer with mediocre music but charming lyrics/poetry that's remembered.
It's really the same in popular music.

rateyourmusic.com/~detcgb

>charming lyrics/poetry
How does that assessment work for ambient or any non-lyrical/textural music?

Then you consider its contribution to the canon in innovation.

hello

rateyourmusic.com/~pooinloo

add me and stuff

>>>/reddit/

yep, literally soul music for white people when fantasizing about "baby making music" even though they probably just listen to bland alt rock when fugging, assuming they fug at all

tfw Anti hid his shit again

sorry mate, "she"s about as real as katelynn is.

he hates avant teens. that's how you know he only likes pop music

6/10, while you certainly have a taste of your own, it's not very good.
4/10, you go on and on about how much you know, but seldom show it.
2/10, abysmal taste (which everyone can probably agree on) but you're also obnoxious.
5/10, looks like your standard /daily/ kid, except you're an adult.
1/10, a textbook embryo.
5/10, standard /daily/ taste + unfunny shit. Clearly knows nothing about art music.
4/10, considerably bad taste with nothing to make up for it. Almost a decade older than the average Sup Forumstant which is just sad.
5/10, similar to EtInArcadiaEgo in the sense that you try hard to be unique, but can't get past having bad taste. Point deducted for having one of the worst selections of fives I've seen so far.
3/10. Not much to say about this embryo.
5/10, bad taste redeemed by a commitment to your interests.
You don't have a RYM anymore, so fuck off from these threads.
0/10, cringeworthy in every way possible. I sincerely hope you put a fake age on your profile and are actually 15, just so you have a chance to grow up.
About as 5/10 as you could be. Beige in every way possible, the type to take a critic's word as gospel.
0/10. Combines being a complete embryo with being cringeworthy and immature.

stop being sensitive boldfaure

yo man, how ya been. Feel like I barely see you around anymore.

>tfw add cool users I admire as friends and none of them add back
>tfw receive a lot of friend requests from random-ass fucks that have nothing in common with me but still add them because I feel rude not adding back

J U S T
U
S
T

Uhh thanks

>tfw someone friends you but you don't realize it until weeks later because it got buried under dozens of other notifications

>>tfw add cool users I admire as friends and none of them add back
try leaving them a friendly comment and getting a convo going first, sperg

also, who?

sent ;)

lol

>Almost a decade older than the average Sup Forumstant which is just sad.
DB ON SUICIDE WATCH

>People like this exist

>tfw someone leaves a friendly comment but I'm too much of a sperg to reciprocate so they assume I'm stuck-up and elitist

>things that never happened

thanks l_s

this helps alot in my experience. also, as said sometimes it gets lost among the notifications, try unadding and adding again after days, weeks or whatever