Old PCs

How do you dispose of old pc's + parts?
The local recycler in my town doesn't list that they take pc parts, I don't know if Staples or BestBuy take them back. Is there a market for old towers?

Attached: old.png (997x760, 738K)

easy peasy, all you need is:
-an isolate place, preferably in the middle of an abandoned field not innawoods
-a canister of some flammable substance, gasoline is nice
-matches
-a shovel

See if metal recycling site will take them. The ones near me will take electronic devices like this, even CRT’s. Just call ahead and make sure.

>How do you dispose of old pc's + parts?
In trash it goes.
>Is there a market for old towers?
Yes.

>disposing of old hardware
Only a retarded normies would do that.

I usually sell my old hardware, or give them away, there is always a friend or someone who doesn't have a computer, or has one with worse hardware.

I just recently upgraded my friend's daughter's computer which had a Sempron 140 1gb DDR2 667 and 160gb seagate hdd to a Athlon II X4 640, 4gb DDR2 (maxed out) and a 120gb SSD boot drive.

Wow what a hero /s

it's a space issue
the hp on the right has a built-in cd holder :D

take the hard drive out and take it to best buy; they'll recycle it

Just take your data out and dump it on the sidewalk. Salvagers or the trash collector will take care of it.

Don't do this with anything important. Here's what happens when you give your items to a retail store to "recycle".

>Employees "recycle" all the expensive stuff by taking them home, especially if it's in a working state
>Anything usable but not expensive will get ebayed
>Anything from the last century gets turned over to a recycling company where they do the same thing but more efficiently

eBay

Ebay. Hipsters will buy them

>/s
R*ddit detected

What are you even saying?

Sell them or give them away if no one wants to buy them.

Just throw the shit in the trash. Not like anyone is going to know it was you

Drop it off at Best Buy, desu. Your local county might have an e-waste recycling program too. I wouldn't give it away because I don't want some poor person dealing with some extremely outdated and power-intensive hardware to save a few dollars.

theyre from 2005 and 2001 so not really important or useable

>Don't take your stuff to a retailer to recycle your things, because they'll recycle them!

Attached: b58e7c3c5b8f91fd93e2b211e1e17d39953871ac_full.jpg (184x184, 6K)

This. Just do it at night somewhere where there aren't any cameras. Alternatively just leave it at the side of the road.

some of the really odd stuff can be worth money, you average early 2000's complete machine though really isnt worth anything
parts can sometimes be worth more to the right people

example, i paid 15$ for a socket 478 cooler, not even a fancy one, just that i needed a 478 cooler for my own projects
or put in some ancient GPU and call it a retro gaming PC and sell it to hipsters on craigslist
otherwise, electronics recyclers, sometimes they pay decent money for them in scrap weight

i put near the trash bean so people can see it and they take it for free. usually I throw only broken stuff

Put them in your local classifieds for free

??? what's ur problem user why r u so negative?
ur not gonna make it with that attitude

Why put things in recycling center?

To be honest, this why I had a second job at a thrift store, like first dibs.