Impulse Response Pack
>mediafire.com/download/svtfxjtillrdwt8/Gods Cab 1.3.rar
>mediafire.com/download/4n28zkjw0zgmdj9/ASEM RECTO V30 L2.wav

Free VST downloads (amps and effects simulators):
>vst4free.com/

ASIO drivers (essential to use VSTs while playing):
>asio4all.com/

JACK Tutorial for Linux audio production
>libremusicproduction.com/articles/demystifying-jack-–-beginners-guide-getting-started-jack

>Advancing Guitarist Mick Goodrick
mediafire.com/download/cvfno10fv4lf4a8

>Chord Chemistry - Ted Greene
mediafire.com/download/61n5op7eiifxztg

Others
>Mickey Baker's Jazz Guitar
mediafire.com/download/zq35xorj2iaqh22
>Modern Chord Progressions: Jazz and Classical Voicings for Guitar - Ted Greene
mediafire.com/download/oflu4wdwofhqqtb
>Jazz Guitar: Single Note Soloing Vol. 1 & 2- Ted Greene
mediafire.com/download/jmu86f7dj8bdxcd

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2IDvFRqo04g
clyp.it/eu45mcdj
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Can anyone identify the specific model of this bass?

First for memestangs

How important is a nut upgrade? What do you get out of it?

Nothing like a good nut.

Blue and tort looks awful.

Blue and tort looks great

white looks better but tortoise is ok imo

Anything with that 90s Fender Japan ketchup tort looks like ass.

Looking to build a guitar completely from scratch, i know how to make shitty strat clones with rather ease (which i dont intend to, have my own body design already), but how can i make my guitar high quality as well as ensuring the sound quality is top notch?

90s japanese look is heaps hood, not him but i think its killer

Most Fender Japan instruments look fucking tyte

these are my babies! Seagull Entourage acoustic, little Gretsch 6-string uke (for travel guitar purposes), Schecter Hellraiser C-1 FR with EMG Het Set, and Fender American Tele into which I crammed some vintage-voiced humbuckers

By the way, can anyone recommend an amp for playing hard rock/metal with my schecter? The Mustang III works well enough for the blues and blues-rock stuff I play on my Tele but I'm not a huge fan of how it handles metal

G-guitar and BASS general Senpai....

Nice color choice, get some turquoise pickup switches too

Perfection

nice.
i love the look of mustangs. they're great for softer stuff.

How do you think a Jaguar would work for jazz?
>rw fretboard
>24" scale
>rhythm circuit
>subtle trem
>comfy body

do you guys remember the gearspammer of 2013/2014? He would always post that silvertone guitar

Do we know anything about the gearspammers? Studio musicians? Trust fund kids? Just regular old anons on the spectrum?

I've wanted to get into gear spamming, but I'm not sure how.

>How do you think a Jaguar would work for jazz?

Really well, like just about any other electric guitar.

youtube.com/watch?v=2IDvFRqo04g

Yay for Rickenbackers

I couldn't play that without a bigsby, my hand would be reaching for it after every note

currently between these two cables, fender is cheaper
which one should i get? should i just go for a fender california series?

I've had the Fender tweed one for a few years now and it's held up pretty well.

At the lengths you're looking at there is no difference in terms of sound, the resistance/capacitance and also the shielding on both of these cables will be virtually identical. Don't fall for the marketing in that regard. Now it's just up to build quality and maybe warranty. In any case I'd just get a sturdy cable that has an easy to open connector so you can repair it if anything fails at some point. I like cordial, neutrik jacks and just overall very solid.

how difficult is it usually for you to expand on an idea you have

>BASS
Serious question, how do bassists stay motivated? What does a bedroom bassist even play "for fun"? I appreciate bassists, I really do, but I can't imagine anyone sitting at home playing a bassline and seriously enjoying themselves. Is that why we have so many "bass soloists" and ERB wankery? Or am I missing something?

>those pickups

not a bassist but i think all bassists want to play in a band since being a "bedroom bassist" would get pretty boring, just a theory

There's no such thing as a "bedroom bassist" since they are in such high demand.

My rhythm guy is a lot better than me, but wants to stay on rhythm because of how it drives the music and how he has to always be on point. I think bass is similar. Bassist's have to be smooth as fuck, and when you star r paying attention, there are a lot of cool walks and counter melodies in a popular songs.

That said, my bassist does groan a lot about certain"E E E E" bass songs we like to play.

I hear similar shit from the drummer on songs with meg white drum parts. I feel it too on simpler songs without a bunch of lead. Stand around for 16 bars and just try to add a little something without being overbearing before my solo.

Variety is the key. We all get to pick songs with parts we like to play, even if they don't make it to real set lists.

>gearspammers
>them
Gearspammer is one user who spams pedals with links to youtube "demos" recorded on his phone.

DiMarzio has an amazing warranty but really you want to buy something you can open up yourself to fix.

>them
user implied there was a different gearspammer a few years ago before I was a fa/gg/ot. I was hoping they got into some kind of battle and one vanquished the other.

what's that thing and what's it for?

Dad says he'll split the cost of an elite fender.

Does anyone want to talk me out of this? Hes starting to joke about me being a pussy for not pulling the trigger.

What's a good way to learn to read sheet music?

Is that your basement studio/space user?

The layout looks very similar to someone I used to run around with, so if your last name begins with a G and rhymes with slick, let me know.

It's mine, and you've got the wrong user. You're welcome to come jam, tho

I've had this tune in my head for a really long time now and I think I finally got it recorded in a reasonable way. I'd just like to know if it's uninspired/boring/shit, that's all. No holding back please: clyp.it/eu45mcdj

Comments on my playing (started roughly 1 year ago) are also appreciated.

String tree. It holds the strings at an angle (higher or lower, can't remember) but it keeps tune better when using the whammy bar.

Nice, me and my bassist friend are trying to figure out a way to have a rehearsal space for both of our places. I'm primarily a drummer/guitarist and while he has around 15 guitars/bassists, he won't convert a bass/guitar for me since I'm a lefty.

So whenever we jam, one of us has to haul the stuff that we want to jam with to somebody's place (either me+my drums+my guitar stuff) or (him+his bass/guitar stuff).

Where are you located? I'm in Louisville, Kentucky, lol.

Stop being an idiot just buy the cheaper one, California cable

Its just a fucking cable. 15 bucks will last you as long as 50

Bedroom bassist here, there are fun basslines, so I play these mostly. Also still trying to improve as much as possible before I start playing with other people. Yes, pure rhythm practice is boring as hell but I still do it for at least 30 minutes every day, just need to turn it into a routine.
Also this. I find even "boring" or simple basslines rewarding, because actually nailing them is really hard and you're still doing a really important job.

Does he play too?

You really want a guitar that you only half own?

They're very nice guitars though. Though I don't like satin necks as much

You're putting too much thought into cables.

>he fell for the seagull meme

No, he's just going to give me money for half. He doesn't play, he's just encouraging me.

I feel your pain. I've really learned to value convenience. It saves so much time and makes jamming easier on everyone. Even little things, like making sure every mic stand has pick and drink holders, every amp has it's own tuning pedal, having all kinds of different length cables to keep things clean.

I live in Cincy

>actually nailing them is really hard
yep. it's less forgiving than people think and it calls for different approaches, fingerings, positions.

>you're still doing a really important job
precisely. it makes the rest of the music more than the sum of it's parts.

>He fell for the Seagull meme meme

I have a bass guitar, i just play guitar stuff on it. Like some of the same riffs and licks and shit. Then play anesthesia/pulling teeth a few times. Get bored, go guitar weedly weedly instead.

I usually go with store brands with lifetime warranties.

Just tell them GC or Sam Ash has it cheaper and they'll usually discount a lot (I got 3 15ft XLR cables for $15 last time). If you ever get a grounding issue or otherwise fuck the cable up, just take it in the next time you're there.

It's been worth the convenience for me.

Fender tweeds are nice, though. Braiding helps prevent it getting hung up and tangled.

I'd rather get a standard over an elite, I prefer the standard series pickups over the noiseless
That being said I would get it

Cincinnati? Damn dude, we're pretty close. What all do you play?

Me and my friend tend shift our jams from noisy things to slow droney psychedelic stuff usually.

Holy shit, I have that exact same acoustic. Don't have pics right now (mobilefag)

we'll play anything we think we can pull of reasonably well.

ends up being a lot of sublime, black keys, radiohead, chilli pepper, phish, etc

basically 90's and 00's alternative rock.

some funk, too. older beastie boys or bill whithers type shit. and random jams.

Not bad! We tend to jam to original stuff. I'll lay down a beat or he'll loop a bassline and we sculpt around that.

word.

I recently got Ableton and a Push, so we're trying to work that in to expand our catalog and fill out certain parts of songs.

lol, that washburn has been through hell. it has so many little buzzes and twangs from the abuse. I love it. A lot of character.

Right on. I recently got a nice MIDI keyboard for computer synth shit.

If you want, I could post everything that I have in a few minutes.

Does anyone own a Fender Princeton Chorus? The guitar player in my band is thinking of getting one. is it any good? We mainly play alt rock, and we'll be using it in bars and clubs.

yeah, i'm not going anywhere

Hows the.blues driver

And why some pedals on top?

Sorry, seagull meme? Not sure what you mean. The guitar I bought was about $300 and is (in my eyes) comparable if not superior in sound and playability to $800+ Martin & Breedlove guitars, so it was a no brainer to me.

I use the blues driver all the time. Probably more than any other pedal. The ones on top are things that I don't use all the time and don't fit on the pedal board, so I'll swap them out when needed.

i want an ibanez jet king with p 90s but nobody fucking sells them, only the first version and the one with humbuckers

Not that guy, but seagulls sound a little brittle to me. Martin overcharges for their non-standard models(D-18, 28, etc.) though, so I wouldn't be surprised if your seagull sounded better. I prefer yamaha's in that price range but for $300 you can't go wrong.

what a beauty

Whenever I see this guitar shape/color combo I think of first act and I puke

You need bigger board to fit your fur pedal on there.

string tree, it holds the strings down at a sharper angle to the nut so you have better sustain and avoid them poping out of the nut...

Terrible. The best you could get is a shitty tone knob rolled off type of sound, like in or you could go twangy like Bill Frisell, which is a cool sound but hard to pull off without biting his sytle. Really though a Jaguar is probably the last guitar I would get for Jazz, almost anything else is better.

Thankyou fine sir

Make it yourself

Fender for da mojo.

Picked up the Les Paul a few days ago, it's god damn great.

What's the best Fender amp one could get for less than $1000?

I need a good starter amp and have the cash. This would be a bedroom amp, so I'm thinking something low-wattage.

I generally don't like them without the pickup covers, but that is nice.

What's that 12 string parlor guitar you've got there?

Bass breaker 15w or for a more traditional sound the Blues Junior III 15w

Didn't Leo design them at that point for surf rock?

Cheers, the 12 string is a Timberidge Mini 12, Timberidge is Martinez higher end guitars.

I like the breakup from the traditional amps, but I really like the shimmer and cleans you can get from a silverface.

Haven't tried the bassbreaker, but I do like the tweed blues junior.

Underrated

Get it. Your dad is based. Seriously don't squander that chance user.
They are comfy as fuck and look nice.

Used Super Sonic mein man
Or a Blue Deluxe Reissue

Man your stuff looks tight. What do you play?

>Picked up the Les Paul a few days ago, it's god damn great.
Looks awesome, congratulations. It'd look awesome with zebra open coils, black and cream.

I got a trade offer straight across on craigslist, wanting to trade my fender frontman 212r for a bogner alchemist 112, and I need someone to redpill me on Bogner amps. I wanted to originally sell it and get a vox ac15, or a blackstar ht 20, and was wondering if it would be a good choice instead of those.

YOU HAVE AN OPPORTUNITY TO TRADE A SHITTY FENDER FRONTMAN FOR A BOGNER ALCHEMIST???

Doitdoitdoitdoit.

The Alchemist series amps are literally 10X better than any of the other amps you listed. They sound amazing, are constructed beautifully, and are great in the studio or in a live setting. My old band's recording engineer swore by them.

In terms of sound, it's a different kind of clean from the AC15. The Alchemist won't break up as easily but will also respond better to higher levels of gain from pedals. Also, the AC15 is much more limited in terms of volume output compared to the Alchemist. The Blackstar WISHES it could be a Bogner.

Get the fucking Bogner you knob.

how does a rickenbacker go? i've never even held one

>tfw left handed and without the thousands to shell out for a decent new guitar

You sure, I want to play shitty indie rock, and I've heard that the alchemist is a huge shit to work on, and fuses like a piece of shit, but I'm not aware of how deep the rabbit hole goes.

Also, let's say I want to get it. What should I look for? I've never handled a tube amp, much less used.

or you can trade the amp then sell it and buy one that's better suited to your tastes

>tfw left handed and learned to play righty because I already had a normal guitar

Cheers, I play a bunch of stuff, metal, rock, blues and many sub genres within those.

the Custom Silverburst is a great looking les paul. I'm not a fan of zebra coils, was thinking of putting a gold cover on the neck and leaving the bridge uncovered.

It's a versatile modern amp. Just take care of it and you shouldn't have any major issues. You'd have just as many issues with the Blackstar and Vox, or with most other tube amps under $800 anyway. Make sure you sit down and play with it before making the trade so you can do some early troubleshooting.

It's literally by far the best amp of the ones you're considering. Even if it is a budget amp, it sounds like something twice as expensive.

Alright, I'll go get it, after looking at prices, if it works I've got a steal. Also, I can go sell it if I hate it.

Thanks, anons of /gg/

Same guy.

Find out what year the amp was made, let it warm up a couple minutes before releasing the standby mode, check the EQ knobs for any scratching sounds coming through the amp (the scratching indicates that some dirt has gotten into the wiring and will need to be cleaned), turn it up and pay attention to any sudden drops in volume (indicates that a tube needs replacement), sniff the air near the amp after a several minutes (a strong burning chemical smell could indicate that the output transformer is about to crap out, which will cost at least a couple hundred dollars to replace; a subtle woody smell is fine and is just the result of the hot tubes warming the interior of the tolex, wood, and glue), listen for any risidual ringing coming from the amp (could indicate a faulty tube).

>tfw i'll own a surf green thinline tele some day

feelsgood