/classical/

Sonata edition.
Post your favorite sonatas for piano, violin, clarinet, etc.

>inb4 how do I into classical
mega.co.nz/#F!mMYGhBgY!Ee_a6DJvLJRGej-9GBqi0A
mega.co.nz/#F!lIh3GRpY!piUs-QdhZACFt2hGtX39Rw
mega.co.nz/#F!Y8pXlJ7L!RzSeyGemu6QdvYzlfKs67w
mega.co.nz/#F!kMpkFSzL!diCUavpSn9B-pr-MfKnKdA
mega.co.nz/#F!ekBFiCLD!spgz8Ij5G0SRH2JjXpnjLg
mega.co.nz/#F!4EVlnJrB!PRjPFC0vB2UT1vrBHAlHlw
mega.co.nz/#F!ygImCRjS!1C9L77tCcZGQRF6UVXa-dA
mega.co.nz/#F!il5yBShJ!WPT0v8GwCAFdOaTYOLDA1g
mega.co.nz/#F!DdJWUBBK!BeGdGaiAqdLy9SBZjCHjCw
crudblud.sjm.so/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VwMqQkkm9Aw
youtube.com/watch?v=3PMZXXhIzPQ
youtube.com/watch?v=qhw4bQFkkho
youtube.com/watch?v=YKlLPe86Flk
youtube.com/watch?v=zc9ANGM2uvA
youtube.com/watch?v=SCMtvmgptyg
youtube.com/watch?v=r_s_aq2EEuQ
youtube.com/watch?v=eppQ9PjmNnI
youtube.com/watch?v=ex1QeaUK3KE
youtube.com/watch?v=57ZuG4u691E
youtube.com/watch?v=e-8pswXtgcA
youtube.com/watch?v=k5ai80pyCYg
youtube.com/watch?v=90CnMeJDxIs
youtube.com/watch?v=TARZYV9PEbc
youtube.com/watch?v=BHWBS073USE
youtube.com/watch?v=_-HO4uemcyg
youtube.com/watch?v=CEFHKmihEEo
youtube.com/watch?v=Z1qNqhvOfQc
youtube.com/watch?v=PxtTDNieag8
youtube.com/watch?v=JkRw49Fovhc
youtube.com/watch?v=uKxlnoa0CtE
youtube.com/watch?v=6pC7h5vQr88
youtube.com/watch?v=tPPZvUYzht8
youtube.com/watch?v=YH6xT6rmSD4
youtube.com/watch?v=cmgWEmeQy6M
youtube.com/watch?v=b_8y0mpg4fM
youtube.com/watch?v=i34r_eRGmwY
youtube.com/watch?v=sY2YyfwtD3c
youtube.com/watch?v=-gSfu4LpR14
youtube.com/watch?v=btUjeAC2bGQ
youtube.com/watch?v=-JJaWNEWJ8w
pastebin.com/UNJrrcaC
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/mu/thread/S64393648
youtube.com/watch?v=BM-6B8_Jj-o
youtube.com/watch?v=MfdS_c5vKZ4
tunein.com/radio/Sounds-of-the-Symphony-s250018/
midomi.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=T-004lVJgGc
clyp.it/15rtkgio
youtube.com/watch?v=LimYhhgrDoE
youtube.com/watch?v=cW-cHFMaj8E
solomonsmusic.net/brahmrls.htm
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Obligatory Thoven post.
youtube.com/watch?v=VwMqQkkm9Aw
youtube.com/watch?v=3PMZXXhIzPQ
youtube.com/watch?v=qhw4bQFkkho
youtube.com/watch?v=YKlLPe86Flk

>Sonata edition.
TW: Big post

youtube.com/watch?v=zc9ANGM2uvA
youtube.com/watch?v=SCMtvmgptyg
youtube.com/watch?v=r_s_aq2EEuQ
youtube.com/watch?v=eppQ9PjmNnI
youtube.com/watch?v=ex1QeaUK3KE
youtube.com/watch?v=57ZuG4u691E
youtube.com/watch?v=e-8pswXtgcA
youtube.com/watch?v=k5ai80pyCYg
youtube.com/watch?v=90CnMeJDxIs
youtube.com/watch?v=TARZYV9PEbc
youtube.com/watch?v=BHWBS073USE
youtube.com/watch?v=_-HO4uemcyg
youtube.com/watch?v=CEFHKmihEEo
youtube.com/watch?v=Z1qNqhvOfQc
youtube.com/watch?v=PxtTDNieag8

Good memes.

When will we have a /classical/: suites edition?

What does /classical/ think of Medtner's piano sonatas?

poulencs oboe sonata is the GOAT oboe sonata prove me wrong

youtube.com/watch?v=JkRw49Fovhc
youtube.com/watch?v=uKxlnoa0CtE

Fuck. Second link is wrong
youtube.com/watch?v=6pC7h5vQr88
Bonus
youtube.com/watch?v=tPPZvUYzht8

ty

Bill Maher?

Would Mozart like Memphis rap?

>tfw my post was just a thinly veiled way of finding new oboe sonatas
thanks pham

DID YOU REALLY THINK THIS WOULD BE FUNNY YOU DUMBASS FAGGOT

GET THE FUCK OUT

Underaged please leave and take Mozart with you

>underrating Mozart

If I like Hindemith, Mahler, and Scriabin who else would I like?

FURTHER

if you like scriabin listen to roslavets

youtube.com/watch?v=YH6xT6rmSD4
youtube.com/watch?v=cmgWEmeQy6M

if you like mah-luh just listen to any meme-symphonist like bruckner or sibelius

>tfw I knew that all along
No problem m8

What's up with all the hate for Mozart on this board?

It's called Poly discovered samefagging.

It looks like Ted Cruz.

Bump
youtube.com/watch?v=b_8y0mpg4fM
youtube.com/watch?v=i34r_eRGmwY

Poulenc's everything is GOAT

youtube.com/watch?v=sY2YyfwtD3c
youtube.com/watch?v=-gSfu4LpR14
youtube.com/watch?v=btUjeAC2bGQ

I like Mozart though. Not sure where the meme that I hate mozart comes from. Sure I enjoy Haydn better, but I dont hate Mozart. He wrote great music.

People tend to gloss over Mozart. He doesn't effect peoples emotions as much as say Bach or Beethoven. His opera is unparalleled in the period, but some people dont even like opera so completely overlook Mozart.

I wish there was somebody autistic enough to make a comprehensive pastebin explaining everything newfagottos need to know. A massive dump is kind of jarring.

>He doesn't effect peoples emotions as much as say Bach or Beethoven.
[x] Hilarious popfag nonargument
[x] Using effect as a verb
Yep, it's the clown without jest alright.

You want to be spoonfed wittle baby? Aww you look so cute with your wittle bib on and your tiny mouth. Who's a good boy?

This is probably looked down on, but I need more like this.. Please. This is so lovely
youtube.com/watch?v=-JJaWNEWJ8w

I actually did this. The pastebin is pretty old so I dont know how many links still work though:

pastebin.com/UNJrrcaC

excuse me, *affect

. Elitism regarding spoonfeeding is not needed here, the music itself weeds out the undesirables, so there's no need to drive away the rare sort of people who want to get into classical.

Read Rosen >>archive.rebeccablacktech.com/mu/thread/S64393648
Listen to Mozart

thanks for being here animeposter

AHAHAHHA take a look at his post nigga You just got FUCKED, weaboo. Tell us how it feels.

Go to bed not Ame

Cringed

>I don't know why people think I hate Mozart
>Obviously, he isn't even close to comparable to the emotions of Haydn, Bach or Beethoven but he's men.

Stop arguing and help me.. It's about the music..

It's always been about the music..

*meh

limited emotional resonance =/= hate.

The only composer I can think of that I actually hate is mark applebaum.

Cringed

>It's always been about the music..
Wow faggot.
Try Ravel's and Janáček's violin sonatas.

youtube.com/watch?v=BM-6B8_Jj-o
youtube.com/watch?v=MfdS_c5vKZ4

Kreisler

I really like him. Where do you guys get your music from? I find it really hard to find classical music..
I'd only heard Ravel's piano works but I really like Violin Sonata No.2

quick someone go here and tell me what this song is

tunein.com/radio/Sounds-of-the-Symphony-s250018/

it says mozart piano concerto 17

>I find it really hard to find classical music
Dude just google lmao

Tune in.com, I'm not giving you clicks. Work for your money.

>he's actually shilling his shitty website on Sup Forums
How desperate can you be?

Bitch please. I'm a web dev for over a decade and I have not one god damn clue how to make a website that streams radio stations.

Thanks. The great folks over at midomi.com/ (TM) (R) have gratefully shown me how to find music. Please click on ou..their ads. Thanks.

bump

Bump
youtube.com/watch?v=T-004lVJgGc

Which conductor(s) do(es) Brahms the best?

Mengelberg and Abendroth

bump

Errant_Aron, jump of a cliff, you cunt. heehehehehhehehehehhhehehehhehehehehehhe

t. anonymous poster from the thread

bump

A little.

anyone can start a /classical/ thread and nobody cares who started it

what did he do to you

rearranged my flowers

I want to be a classical composer, but when the professor gave us a sample of contemporary art music (written by people in their 30s) it was all noise to me. Except for the one apparently lambasted as neo-Romantic, which was only mostly noise. They were interesting and sometimes enthralling noises, but if I have to write like that to pique the critics' interests, I think I'd rather not bother.

Is there a place in the classical world for my compositions? Should I just stick to performing?

>Is there a place in the classical world for my compositions?
Post them.

No, you don't have to write atonal shit to be a real composer. But you can hear in Mahler's or Scriabin's music how well can atonalism be used as kind of a complement to tonalism. Resigning from it will make you look like a retard, because it opens your music up to enourmous ammount of possibilities.

Depends. You could do something like Wolfgang Rihm and not make it totally unlistenable. There are people in all different kinds of classical music.

I can hear in Mahler's and Scriabin's music how well atonalism can sound. I can't really hear that in contemporary music, however, or how well tonalism can sound for that matter. (Perhaps it was just the samples my professor chose.)

>post them.
I'm in the Philippines right now, so my internet is too shabby to allow for uploading. I've posted some to /classical/ in the past, though. Looking for an archive to retrieve them right now.

>Wolfgang Rihm
Will look into his music, thanks

I just got told about possibly getting a performance of my string quartet, a 100% tonal classical style piece, sonata form and everything. There's a place for tonal music. Forget about big name critics and remember local stuff exists

clyp.it/15rtkgio
Here it is. I wrote it in about a week and a half to replace something that failed to come together.

>I can't really hear that in contemporary music
youtube.com/watch?v=LimYhhgrDoE

if you gonna compose like this you ain't gonna get nowhere

I wrote it in a hurry, as I said, and everything about it was planned to be easy to write. Sorry, it's not the most representative example but I can't show anything else right now.

>and everything about it was planned to be easy to write
why would you do this

Just write the music you want to write/listen to. If you enjoy it, so will others.
Its good to stay up to date on what's happening in contemporary art music, but you take or leave what you want. Personally I've been enjoying writing really simple clear tonal stuff, although it is fun to push the limits of chromaticism and dissonance even within that frame.

You can't really rush composition, you either put in hours and hours every day, and write lots of music, or you dont. If you put in the hours year after year, you will start to improve.

Franz Schubert Piano Sonata 16. Especially if it's played emotionally.

bomp

>/his/ is laughing at us again

youtube.com/watch?v=cW-cHFMaj8E
hands down

>Mahler, Bartok, Reich, Glass, Cage

I'm laughing at them.

anyone got whimsical pieces like Laudamus Te from Poulnec's Gloria?

Because I had a week. I tend to overthink things and take months to write 3 minutes.

Poulenc in general. Though there are exceptions.
His Double Piano Concerto used to be my favorite, but now I'm really growing partial to his Concert Champetre

>I tend to overthink things and take months to write 3 minutes
You'll never write good music in that way.

solomonsmusic.net/brahmrls.htm

5. Most of the time you have to be or will be in a semi-trance condition to get such results - a condition when the conscious mind is in temporary abeyance and the subconscious mind, which is part of Omnipotence, that the inspiration comes; and to be careful, however, not to lose consciousness, otherwise the ideas will fade away. That is the way Mozart composed, and when asked what the process was with him while composing, he replied: "The process with me is like a vivid dream". He then went on and described how ideas, clothed in the proper musical setting, streamed down upon him. God and His Omnipotence, His awe-inspiring grandeur, His glory, and above all his closeness to you are things that should be pondered on just before commencing to compose. It is most stimulating and inspiring process to think along those lines before entering that trance-like state in which inspirations come.

6. The dream-like state is like entering a trance-like condition - hovering between being asleep and awake; you are still conscious but right on the border of losing consciousness, and it is at such moments that inspired ideas come. Then it is of the utmost importance to put the ideas down on paper immediately. Then they are fixed and cannot escape; and when you look as them again, they conjure up that same mood that gave them birth. This is a very important law. Themes that occur this way usually are the ones that will endure.

>Then they are fixed and cannot escape; and when you look as them again, they conjure up that same mood that gave them birth.
This doesn't happen, though! Even when I manage to get the themes on paper before I forget them, when I look at them the next day I forget how they were supposed to sound.

I'll never understand how masochistic does one have to be to use sheet music instead of midi in 2016 ad.

midi is even worse. The sounds made by the computer replace the sounds in my head and kill the theme even as it is being written down. I only ever use midi at the end, when it's finalized already.

> The sounds made by the computer replace the sounds in my head and kill the theme even as it is being written down
just download a high quality sample library.

record them you dumbass. either record yourself playing on a MIDI controller for future reference, or sing/whistle/hum the melody into a recording device, even your phone it is easiest.

You have to capture inspiration when it strikes, dont want to waste it. The faster you can capture ideas the better, so use the method that works best for you. Then you can go back later and actually write the piece based on the melodic ideas of your inspiration.

Usually playing a piece over and over is the way to work out the exact rhythm and harmony, then you write it down. this process is very slow though, but it produces better music.

>record yourself playing on a MIDI controller for future reference
Funny thing is, I actually brought a MIDI controller on this trip for this purpose, and it broke in transit
That is a good idea, though, that was just a bit of unrelated misfortune

any recommendations?

>pippo uploaded a ton of old meme recordings of Beethoven
How's Hans Pfitzner's Beethoven?

This is really great stuff, though
>4. Never begin working the out of a composition before the whole thing has taken definite form as an outline either on paper or in your head. When ideas come to you, go for a walk, then you will discover that the thing you thought was a complete thought, was actually only the beginning of one.

Posting here because I'm at my wit's end.
There's this solo piano piece I learned to play several years back but I have no idea who the composer is or what the name was. All I remember is that there was one part where you have to play b flat several times (in a row), followed by a b natural and an a natural. Any ideas?

requesting a link for this

>implying half of us aren't already posting memes there

I wish, these Ricercar boxsets almost never get ripped.

Classical?
More like... clASSical!!!
Chopin?
More like shitpin!!!
Bartok?
More like fartok!!!
Shostakovich?
More like shitstainkovich!!!
Penderecki?
More like pydarastki!!!
Xenakis?
More like a fucking hack!