What's a good case with nice thermals for a graphics card that likes to reach 90c...

What's a good case with nice thermals for a graphics card that likes to reach 90c? I see a few listed but no one ever speaks of the difference the thermals make. Also is a budget of 70 bucks good enough or do I need to go higher?

Attached: aHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmJlc3RvZm1pY3JvLmNvbS9EL1YvNzQ2OTk1L29yaWdpbmFsLzIuSlBH.jpg (1510x1132, 884K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gamersnexus.net/guides/3120-best-gaming-pc-cases-of-2017
youtube.com/watch?v=cHGAJYcgBHI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Please help a poor nigger.

gamersnexus.net/guides/3120-best-gaming-pc-cases-of-2017

Buy an old stock Cooler Master HAF

antec 900/1200. I have one of each, both keep everything frosty. The 1200 has 3 front fans and 2 back and the 1 big one on the top default. Can also add another side fan if you feel that isnt enough.

Don't get a shitty case with front mounted fans but nowhere for those fans to get air from. Look for large mesh front panels that support two 140mm fans.

Enthoo Pro (full tower)
Corsair 750D Airflor (Don't but if you use spinning hard drives due to defective HDD cage design that spreads vibration)

X9

I wanted something slightly taller than a SilverStone GD07B, but nooooooooooooooooooo, that doesn't exist. either get a full goddamned tower or computerlets. So i just said fuck it, bought that, and loaded it with drives. As big as a goddamned minifridge, but its quiet as fuck and stays at 101ºF, even when reencoding blu-rays to x265.

Too bad it has a faggot window, I'm seriously thinking about ordering another mesh panel for that side

Attached: main.jpg (600x580, 111K)

I remember seeing your earlier posts looking for something. I take it you couldn't find it, so you went with a fridge?

Isn't the antec really old and without the cable management stuff newer cases come with?

By the way, is this any good? It's a Rosewill Stealth case.

Attached: 81nkkLey5uL._SL1500_.jpg (1212x1500, 349K)

yeah, but at least the harddrives dont bash in the end of my GPU now

Yes they are both really old, but they have cable management holes for running behind the mb? I will admit its a little tight, but it does work. The main problem I had was the size of the case can make some of the cable runs a stretch, like for a cdrom. I don't know exactly what things youre talking about, specifically.

My biggest complaint about these cases is that the fans have dust filters, but you have to loosen/almost remove the drive bays to get them out because they pull out from the top of the bay. I have a low dust environment but these fans pull a lot of air/dust through them and so if your area is dirty they would get filthy fast as fuck. Luckily it is all thumbscrew so not terribad to get at them, but it'd be nice if they pulled off from the front or something.

If you want my honest opinion though, my next build is going to be small. Unless youre rocking many TB of storage and have heat producing mech hard drives, a big flowy case isnt really necessary anymore. I have a hardon for a full atx mobo with a small footprint PS and a couple m.2 drives on it, something built the size of an xbox ish. Might even do mini/micro but you give up some stuff with that and the prices go up. I like the (cant remember name maybe dan?) style setup but im not paying 400 for a fucking case.

Anyway if you need the flow and dont want a cube like above then yeah HAF/Antec style is good.

Fractal Design Define R6

What a horrible horrible list.
It's like they are afraid of testing against the rest of the noisy bunch of cases.

Though I'm more for R5 because of the silly top on the R6. Not that I'd use a top mounted fan anyway. But having to open none or all three is silly, while R5 had the option to open each individually.

That list was all filled with "LOOK AT MEEEE" cases, unlike the gentleman case the Define R series are.

Attached: c50fd440-d48e-474f-9fbf-8b6879f70d44.jpg (1000x1000, 351K)

fucking this, why are other manufacturers even trying?

I run the meme setup of OC 8700K with NH-D15 and OC EVGA 1080TI inside a Define R6 with 2 front intake, 1 bottom intake and 1 exhaust fans and it's quiet and cool as fuck.

You're not planning to play with fermi, are you?

I have Titanium R5 with side window
and oh god, I love this case

Attached: 11-139-032-04.jpg (640x480, 30K)

which seals the top better when closed, R5 or R6?

They already tested it you dumb fuck. That post purchase rationalization lmao.
>I-I bought it and put 3 additional fans in it so it must be good!

youtube.com/watch?v=cHGAJYcgBHI

>bought it and put 3 additional fans in it
so if I've got 5 old noctuas from older builds the R6/R5 is worth buying otherwise silverstone rl06 for maximum cooling?

the R6/R5 are noise focused cases, but the thermals are decent. If you're only looking for thermals and can stomach more noise you should go with the older silverstone lineup.

The problem is that some of the other people in this thread weren't really responding to your question regarding thermals and were just cheerleading their own cases.

what about dust filters? been trying to find something like defines with the one piece bottom filter but everything else is one filter under the PSU that becomes a bitch to get at when against the wall

The RL06s dust filters aren't exactly elegant, one on the front one on the bottom AFAIK. But it's a ~$70-80 dollar case so they're going to cheap out on something.

I'm sure the R6 dust filters are easier to slide out and back in, but that's part of the $130 and you were asking for a case around the $70 price range.

Although they are noise focused cases, their thermals are way better than most of the "cool" cases

Ive got a meahify c and it barepy hits 55 with my d15

Meshify C