/pcbg/ - PC Building General - Ryzen+ Edition

>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>Example gaming builds and _monitor_ suggestions; click on the blue title to see notes
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
>Learn how to build a PC (You can find a lot more detailed videos on channels like Bitwit)
[YouTube] how to build a pc.
>RYZEN+ INCOMING! In two weeks!

If you want help:
>State the budget & CURRENCY for your build
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs:
>NO i5 7500/7600K or i7 7700/K. THEY ARE DEFUNCT AND SUPERSEDED BY COFFEE LAKE
>NO R3 1200/1300X or R5 1400/1500X. THEY ARE DEFUNCT AND SUPERSEDED BY THE R3 2200G AND R5 2400G
>R3 2200G - Budget builds (best with OC + fast RAM)
>Core i3-8100+H310+GT 1030 - Budget Gaming (no need for fast RAM or unstable overclocking)
>Core i5 8400+B360 - Great gaming or multithreaded use CPUs (Or grab a 1600 while it lasts...)
>R7 / i7 / Used Xeon / Threadripper - Heavy Multi-Tasking / VM Work / Mixed use
>Wait for Zen2...

RAM:
>Current CPUs benefit from high speed RAM; 3000-3200 MHz is ideal
>Before buying RAM for Ryzen/+, check your Mobo's QVL or look for user reports

Graphics cards:
>Crypto-Currency miners have driven Nvidia GPU and Radeon Co-Processing Unit prices up or depleted stock
1080p
>MSRP of standard 1080p cards: 1050 Ti, $250; 1060 3GB, $350; 1060 6GB, $430
>GTX 1070 if you're looking for very high (100+) framerates and you have a CPU and monitor to match
1440p
>GTX 1070/Ti and 1080 are standard choices
>GTX 1080 Ti if you're looking for very high (100+) framerates and you have a CPU and monitor to match
2160p (4K)
>GTX 1080 Ti
Non-gaming Application
>RX or Vega

General:
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
>A 240GB or larger SSD is almost mandatory; consider m.2 form factor

Attached: 1522066546969.jpg (3226x2419, 889K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/ZW9JV6
translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=https://www.computerbase.de/2018-03/amd-ryzen-2000-preview/
pcpartpicker.com/user/Ab3/saved/P8tBP6
pcpartpicker.com/list/HTntgw
m.ebay.com/itm/Ryzen-1600-3-9Ghz-MSI-B350M-Gaming-Pro-Motherboard-AM4/112884118599?hash=item1a486af447:g:laIAAOSwBPFassKq
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Attached: low profile 1050ti.png (1362x1012, 87K)

is there any reason to buy ram that has higher cas latency? It seems the lowest is 14 for 3200mhz ram with 14-14-14-34 timings. Are they less compatible than 15 or 16 latency?

Lower is better, but you most likely won't feel it 14 vs 16.

Why is it in Arabic?

it's OP's native language. no one else would shill a poozen+ with 4% more performance

When Ryzen launched people wanted to buy CL14 not just for tighter timings but because these are Samsung B-die and will suffer from less compatibility issues across the board, so yes. Should be mostly fixed by now, so don't worry about that.

Been out of the loop for a while, but I need a new PSU. What are the brands to look for and the brands to avoid these days? Also, any recommendations for a 500-600W modular PSU? Ideally one that comes with some nice cables that don't looks like garbage.

Didn't they test the 2000 series ryzens on an a320 board?

I'm getting bsods and hangs, will cleaning my pc help?

Seasonic. Look for the 620 EVO or the Focus Plus Gold 650, S12II or M12II for their cheapest

yes, they also use slow ram

Any particular reason to get the 650 over the 550?

100 (one hundred) more watts

I don't need 650 watts, though. Wouldn't that kill my efficiency? I'm currently on a 540W with no issues.

matters on what you actually draw from it
around 50% possible power draw is the highest efficiency

1600 is on sale on amazon right now. should i buy now and figure out the rest of the specifics later or wait for zen+? i decided to wait when gpus were on sale last year and that was a mistake.

Zen+ is a bust

Attached: Ovens-in-the-Auschwitz-crematorium.jpg (600x450, 92K)

it is indeed subpar as is the rest of amd

Attached: untitled-1.png (465x402, 47K)

Dumb poojeet, the 1600 is costs a lot less and performs as good as the "improved" 2600. Buy the 1600 and wait for Zen2

Or do the smarter choice and buy the i5-8400 and an H310 motherboard

>meltdown

Has anyone picked up an old Optiplex with a 3770 and turned it into a daily driver?

Rate my budget build? it's for shitposting and old games.

Attached: budget build.png (1557x907, 205K)

>2133 MHz RAM for 100 bucks
>Old intel processor for 115 bucks when you can just get a new 2200g that's cheaper and faster

If you have two screens stretch to a quad core mate. I had the same matching but 7100 and a 1060 (cheapest one) and it did ok as long as the computer was doing NOTHING else.

I've just got my 1920x1200, I'm currently on an FX 4100 with crappy board, and the intel socket will give me an upgrade path if I want to get an i5 now, also the intel HD graphics are better than my GT 610 card.

TLDR: More speed, less power usage

I'd rather get pcpartpicker.com/list/ZW9JV6 desu. You could even downgrade the APU and be closer to your price range.

Attached: Ryzen 2400G APU build.png (722x554, 69K)

>Seasonic PSU
>B350
That looks pretty well made for only 85 bucks more, I'm probably gonna wait another pay period so I can that setup with 16GB for future proofing, my current rig is the OG FX from 2011, so I keep them a while

You could save more if you start shuffling some parts. A 2200G would lower the price to $420 and if you really want to use an HDD instead of a SSD you could lower it even further. The 16GB might just put it at about the same pricerange.

Avoid the Pro4 (freezing issues, check reviews), swap it for a GA-AB350M-Gaming 3 or a TUF B350M-PLUS or get the MX330 and the B350 PC Mate

I'm considering the PC mate, it's not a gaymen board, very old school.

>incel integrated graphics

yikes

Any reccs for RGB fans? I like the look of Corsair's LL120, but their hub shit is cancerous I'd prefer something that can just use an rgb header

Still no point upgrading from an i5 2500k

Feels good man

Don't create new /pcbg/ threads until the old one has hit its bump limit. Also your OP sucks dick, faggot

>tfw too lazy to relocate my build from NZXT H440 to H700i

Attached: __iowa_kantai_collection_drawn_by_nanotaro__b7b6f257280f99a8b8e1a8af93f0f38d.jpg (4096x2461, 933K)

Not a good test. From the previous thread:
translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=https://www.computerbase.de/2018-03/amd-ryzen-2000-preview/

Please do not buy this.
Skylake has been dead for ages, not to mention that it costs more than the 2200G which is much better. PSU, case, and RAM are all mediocre.

Unironically get a Pentium G4560 if you're going for a poorfag build with no upgrade path like this, save the money for a better system or a GPU.

There definitely is if you play vidya
t. 2500k owner

>Core i3-8100+H310+GT 1030
Reminder to not get memed by this retard.
1030 has equivalent performance to the integrated graphics of the 2200g.

>>Core i3-8100+H310+GT 1030 - Budget Gaming (no need for fast RAM or unstable overclocking)
lul

8400 Z370 yes?

buy a used 680 or 960

just get a vega 64

If you have to, but we are inches away from Zen+ and cheaper Intel boards.

Attached: illust_57382672_20180326_125728.jpg (800x800, 345K)

I want single threaded performance though

Zen+ CPUs will have higher clocks and therefore the same or better single-thread.

And cost more

Ryzen 2 will probably cost the same as Ryzen did at launch for comparable models.

For an HTPC that will be running at most remuxed blu ray movies with mpv, which of these should I get:
2200G,
2400G,
pentium G4600?

Sup Forumsentoomen,

I can't find any game benchmark regarding ram frequency. I know there's no difference at all between 2400mhz DDR4 and some retarded 4000mhz one but i'd like to convince a friend.

Does anyone has a link ?

Attached: n1.jpg (1282x1268, 276K)

>Posting the turbo disabled benchmarks

2200G, most value for money, better upgrade path too if you want to do something else with it later on.There'll be a new Pentium line up in the next few days, so it's best to steer clear of the G4600.

2200G is cheap and there isn't a reason to buy the Pentiums
Memory bandwidth can give a noticable performance delta, it just depends on what you do. However, that's assuming you can even POST with 4GHz.

Fake?

Attached: AMD-Ryzen-2000-modelos.jpg (780x388, 114K)

>wraith prism when wraith max exists
>only one model with LED
seems pretty fake

>Ryzen Desktop 2000 Processors
I feel like somebody had fun with copy/paste
Neither of those prove anything

I want to use an Ethernet connection for my upcoming PC build, but don't want to have our current wireless router in my room since no matter where I'd place it, it would be an eyesore or would be placed in places where it would be in the way of other things. I discovered something called a MoCA adapter, would this be what I'm looking for? I'm only trying to use a coaxial cable in the very corner in my room to then go through an Ethernet cable. Are these reliable for online gaming?

>ryzen refresh
>refresh
>AMD themselves specifically stated it's only a refresh
>people are mad because it performs like a refresh

Attached: 1519253043549.jpg (217x266, 53K)

How many things did I fuck up?

pcpartpicker.com/user/Ab3/saved/P8tBP6

My first ever Desktop, if you don't count the hand me down from father 15 years ago.

I know I at least fucked up GPU, but did not have much of an option there.

11/15

Good/all or bad/all?

bad/all

Elaborate, if you could, please.

What is the normal temps for i5-8400? Mine is 35-40c idle 68-75c when gaymen. Should I invest on cpu cooler?

CPC Hardware

Come here mon ami anonyme :)

D’ailleurs si des français me lisent, achetez CPC Hardware, meilleur source d’info hardware en France, non corrumpue

>Slower than 8400 in gaming
>Consumes significantly more power than 1800X

TOP KEK, AYYMDPOORFAGS

I'm building a workstation (Doing heavy VM work), so I'm going with TR.
How does this look so far?
pcpartpicker.com/list/HTntgw
The graphics card in there will be my main GPU - i.e. for my main display. I'll get a vega 64 for VFIO passthrough for playing some games in my rare spare time (thus the 4k freesync monitor).
Any comments so far?

Just got scammed out of a 1080 Ti, lost 500€. Someone say something nice to me to keep me from ending it all.

How did you get scammed?

Sent the money via bank transfer, seller told me he sent the package. Tracking doesn't work and he won't reply to any messages anymore.

Well that's your fault then, never pay strangers beforehand. I assume you've used ebay? Should've bought it of someone accepting paypal.

Cancel the bank transfer

Not him, but most likely not possible as it probably went through already. Also banks in Europe are a bitch when it comes to cancelling transfers, they usually take fees and it's not guaranteed to work, in fact it most likely won't.

>Sending money in advance for a private purchase
Learning experience. AT THE ABSOLUTE MOST, only send in advance what's needed for shipping

yeah true, I'm not saying it's anyone else's fault.
as said, not possible. I live in Germany.

Is buying a used ryzen 1600 and a MSI b350m for $240 worth it? He's also got ram too sell. Its only 7 months old.

Why's he selling it? Haggle him down a bit more

>Germany
Couldn't you have done Cash on Delivery? I live in fucking Portugal of all countries, and the mailing services allow CoD over here

had no option for it I think.

Seriously? Which carrier was it supposed to be delivered by?

DHL. But it was on a small-ish german site kinda like Craigslist. This really is my fault and I shouldn't have been this dumb.

>Why's he selling it? Haggle him down a bit more
He hasn't stated. I don't feel like asking him as I don't have the money to buy it. But I'm just checking what you guys thinking for the future(end of year). I'm looking at prices and I'm sure a lot of people buy a CPU just to sell it a year or 2 later cause they wanna get zen 2 or something(like everyone praising amds am4 socket continuity). I just wanna get a system that'll last me another 5 years without spending to much. 2nd hand seems my best bet.
m.ebay.com/itm/Ryzen-1600-3-9Ghz-MSI-B350M-Gaming-Pro-Motherboard-AM4/112884118599?hash=item1a486af447:g:laIAAOSwBPFassKq
Here is the ad. Anyones free to pick it up if they want.
But like with the ryzen 2 10% performance increase do you think zen 2 will be another 10% if so I'll just wait for the 3600. Is it possible for and to get such gains?

>german site kinda like Craigslist
Not in their hands sadly. They only provide seller/buyer communication, nothing else.
Also you could have done better. DHL allows CoD up to 3500€ even internationally. If he's also german, and you can't cancel the transfer, best you can do is file a claim on him (or if you don't have the name, file it on a person unknown) for fraud. You have his bank account number, should help identify him, if his bank agrees to help.

Also have you tried talking to his bank already?

>DHL. But it was on a small-ish german site kinda like Craigslist.
Gg... Hope you learnt your lesson. Don't worry think of it this way. You helped a scammer pay his bills. Maybe he's got a family to support

Attached: soul_eater_excalibur_baka_by_izanagiservant.jpg (900x563, 156K)

The seller seems to be consistent in delivering, so it should be okay.
>I just wanna get a system that'll last me another 5 years
You wouldn't go wrong with the 1600, it has more than enough cores for the future even if tasks start becoming more multithreaded, and single-threaded performance is nothing to scoff at.
>But like with the ryzen 2 10% performance increase do you think zen 2 will be another 10% if so I'll just wait for the 3600. Is if possible for and to get such gains?

It's entirely possible that Zen 2 will have big performance gains considering that Ryzen 2 is just a refreshed architecture while Zen 2 is a full-on 7nm process shrink and new architecture, I'd say that 20% gains wouldn't be that much of a stretch. That being said, it's all up to your needs, if you need it right now and have the dough, buying used isn't a bad idea if it's just been 7 months.

No one?

Things that should be illegal:

* Case windows
* LEDs other than small, inconspicuous power and HDD activity indicators
* Keyboard colors other than black, beige or gray
* 16:9 monitors

Attached: 1518464518216.jpg (957x621, 90K)

>Being this invested in how the computer of other people look like

The popularity of 16:9 and wider monitors increases prices for grown-up 16:10 monitors,
so it affects me directly

I've got a i5-4440. So that'll still keep me at recommended specs for next 2 years hopefully. But ram is becoming a thing of late and I don't wanna spend $70 on 8gb ddr3 ram when in a year I'll just be tossing it away. Its because of ffxv I realised its maybe time for an upgrade cause it devours 8gbs and my 1060 3gv doesn't help

nah not yet, I'll call my bank first today.

while I think that the money is definitely gone, I have read that in some instances it is possible for the bank to give out details on the guy. We'll see.

If I remember I'll update you guys in a week or so.

>My preference is more important than the one of others
>Therefore a popular item I disagree with should be illegal, solely because it doesn't fit my preference and shifts the market in a way not exactly favourable to me

Hey senpai, i think we feel similarly about bling, but check this:
Case windows allow easier inspection of the internals, eg, dust buildup, failure indicator LED's, etc.
Mobo LEDs to indicate ram/chipset/cpu state are pretty cool and make diagnostics easier.

I agree bling is bad though.
Kind regards, t. friend.

Yes, and terrible design choices are an insult to anyone with a developed sense of aesthetics.

Attached: 1517927903056.png (1280x361, 720K)